Attn Lucky Bastards owning the Spoon S2000 from the license test...

• Thread starter Option2
  • 33 comments
I saw some screenshots of the car, and it's not what I expected, it looks STOCK with a Spoon windsheild banner.

(I was expecting the Blue and White Spoon Racecar....oh well)

Question....

Can you modify this car? Suspension, Engine Balancing, NA tune-up ...ect...ect...ect

Suprised to see there are 6 colors available for the Spoon S2000, and I'm also suprised to see the Del Sol LM comes in a Black model and a Red model, both w/racing stripes........as opposed to the ACTUAL Mid-Engine RWD Del Sol that a tuner in Japan has built......Top Secret is the tuner, I think.

I'd say It's quite bad car. It's for those people who don't want to spend their 10000 at the beginning of the game. I got black one with 269 ( or something like ) hp. It's max power is lower then usual S200 has, so you can even enter FR race (with hp limit 443). Don't remember 'bout suspention, transmission etc. I'll check it.

Ok you can upgrade the following

Exhausts
Suspension
Brakes and brake bias
Tyres
computer
port grinding
balancing
stage one tune
weight reduction
gearbox
flywheel
LSD
clutch

No race car mods or turbo upgrades, along with stage 2 or 3 N/A tunes

Originally posted by Roo
It's really not as good as it sounds
I feel it handles just a little bit better than the stock S2000, and accelerates a little faster. It's lighter, but you can't get the power of a fully tuned Honda S2000. Color choices are the same as the lot S2000, but of course, the color is randomly chosen after you get all-gold.

If you're a Honda fan, you have to get it. The Big H is severely lacking FR cars to begin with...

I also have the Spoon S2000. It handling is very pleasing even stock. It makes you value the cars you win from the licenses more after all the hard work.

it took me a LOOONG time to get the Spoon, mines Blue.

And if you want the blue and yellow Spoon Sports S2000, just do Racing Modifications on a regular S2000 (Make sure to hit Change Type)

Originally posted by Terbo
it took me a LOOONG time to get the Spoon, mines Blue.

And if you want the blue and yellow Spoon Sports S2000, just do Racing Modifications on a regular S2000 (Make sure to hit Change Type)

I knew that......just hoping that the "License test S2k" was "better". oh well......now my goal is the Del Sol.....and the sonofa***** better give me the red one.. :D

Hmm....just a thought. To get the color car you want. get all golds EXCEPT ONE...then save the game on your memory card...

....then go back and get the last gold...if you don't like the color car you want...just hit "RESET" and get the gold again...keep doing it until you get what you want.

i don't see why it won't work. worth a try.

Originally posted by Option2
Hmm....just a thought. To get the color car you want. get all golds EXCEPT ONE...then save the game on your memory card...

....then go back and get the last gold...if you don't like the color car you want...just hit "RESET" and get the gold again...keep doing it until you get what you want.

i don't see why it won't work. worth a try.

It does work. Just remember to save an easy test for the last one.....
I didn't remember, and I had to make do with a yellow 3000 GT LM when I would've wanted a silver one. :rolleyes:

i like my Spoon S2k a lot.
althogh it's totally unrealistic (redlines @ 9000, has way less compression than a Spoon is supposed to) it's nice to drive around if you tune it correctly.

Watch the replays over and over. Get a feel for the line you need to run and also keep an eye on the speed. I know it is hard to do but once you get the hang of it getting gold is much easier.

Not to rub it in, but I really appreciate my Spoon S2000. Even though the Honda one is more powerful, racing the Spoon makes you appreciate the hard work involved in getting all-gold.

Wait 'till you get to appreciate the Concept Car...but that's another thread.

i'm almost done with the IA license, i only have two left, and i already have silver, i think IA-3 the one with the NSX, and IA-9 the one on laguna seca with the r390

I'm working on I-C, I can't pass the damned blind corners test. I'm getting like 20.330 too so I'm preety pissed.

Whatever, I'll keep working on it. And yes the Concept car is fun to drive around when you get it. After it's maxed.

The Spoon S2000 is perfect right out of the box for the enduro at Trial Mtn. (295 HP limit).
Getting all the liscenses up to IA (all bronze) is a walk, except for the low speed slalom. After GT3 liscense tests you can sit down and silver most of the GT2 tests on the first or second try.:D

Back