pɐǝɹɥʇ lɐᴉɔᴉɟɟoun ǝɥʇ - ɐᴉlɐɹʇsn∀

Australia could use some Merkel Lego too.

The area already had some, just not in the right place for today. That said... if you still want to hit people in your car you aim for ones that aren't behind the lego.

_99309202_gettyimages-800894718.jpg

I saw the footage on the news, I don’t think the ‘Lego’ (Or ‘Legos’ lol) would do much when they’re crossing a pedestrian crossing.

I saw the footage on the news, I don’t think the ‘Lego’ (Or ‘Legos’ lol) would do much when they’re crossing a pedestrian crossing.

Yep, apart from being useless they are also ugly no matter how you paint them or the type of foliage planted in them.

I've only ever seen things like those bollards to prevent gypsies from setting up camps on car parks.

Pet owners in Victoria are allowed to keep crocodiles up to 2.5m in length.

That's so cool.

This makes part of me want to get a 2.6m crocodile, just to buck the system. :P

The other, slightly more rational part of me thinks that 2.6m is huge. And also, it's a :censored:ing crocodile.

Pet owners in Victoria are allowed to keep crocodiles up to 2.5m in length.

That's so cool.
There’s a reptile store near me which sells freshwater crocodiles. If I had a swimming pool, I would be really tempted.

Another year, another Australia Day debate :rolleyes:.

This video made last year is starting to be shared:

I'm not as opposed to moving the date as others. I think the biggest problem is the backlash as this is a lose-lose scenario. However, I cannot tolerate this videos logic at all.

• May 8th thing immediately goes completely off the rails in terms of logic. Just because we use Mate? Is there any sort of history that is relevant to May 8th? No? Just because it sounds like Mate? I didn't think Australia Day could be treated with the same dignity as Star Wars Day. Other arguments for date changes actually had meaningful dates to suggest.
  • Celebrating History, Tradition and how far we've come =/= Going out with a couple of mates. 1 event has been done for years on a particular date, while another is just an even that can be done on every day.
  • "ignoring Genocide", Wait what? So does that mean celebrating Valentine's Day ignores the St. Valentine's Day massacre? I'm pretty sure something horrific has happened in every date, celebrating on a date isn't ignoring Genocide. This is just as bad as people who get upset about other people having happy events during 9/11. Do you know what country punishes (using police/military force not social punishment) people for not being in a certain emotion on a particular day (or days)? North Korea. I'm glad right now the only punishment is a loss in social points with a few people.
You can choose to celebrate it or don't celebrate it for whatever reason. The problem comes when you try to guilt trip and worse police it and harass others into not doing it. Changing Dates is the most rational response I've seen (although May 8th is such a stupid alternative).

Another year, another Australia Day debate :rolleyes:.

This video made last year is starting to be shared:

I'm not as opposed to moving the date as others. I think the biggest problem is the backlash as this is a lose-lose scenario. However, I cannot tolerate this videos logic at all.

• May 8th thing immediately goes completely off the rails in terms of logic. Just because we use Mate? Is there any sort of history that is relevant to May 8th? No? Just because it sounds like Mate? I didn't think Australia Day could be treated with the same dignity as Star Wars Day. Other arguments for date changes actually had meaningful dates to suggest.
  • Celebrating History, Tradition and how far we've come =/= Going out with a couple of mates. 1 event has been done for years on a particular date, while another is just an even that can be done on every day.
  • "ignoring Genocide", Wait what? So does that mean celebrating Valentine's Day ignores the St. Valentine's Day massacre? I'm pretty sure something horrific has happened in every date, celebrating on a date isn't ignoring Genocide. This is just as bad as people who get upset about other people having happy events during 9/11. Do you know what country punishes (using police/military force not social punishment) people for not being in a certain emotion on a particular day (or days)? North Korea. I'm glad right now the only punishment is a loss in social points with a few people.
You can choose to celebrate it or don't celebrate it for whatever reason. The problem comes when you try to guilt trip and worse police it and harass others into not doing it. Changing Dates is the most rational response I've seen (although May 8th is such a stupid alternative).

Yeah mate i tend to stay out of it lol.
While people are arguing back and forth ill be sitting in the pool eating prawns with the family.
Its like the gay marriage thing in the end it had stuff all to do with it and it was just an argument about people having the right to " their " opinion. I couldn't be stuffed with it lifes to short.
Live and let live , if the kids and the mrs are happy then im happy

At this stage it might be easier to list the Liberal MP's who aren't challenging for the leadership.

:crazy:

Looks like we are getting a new Prime minister again, our government is such a joke we haven't had a PM run a full term since 2007.
It's crazy, I've been here that long. Back then, I felt as if John Howard was Bush's running mate. :lol:

It's crazy, I've been here that long. Back then, I felt as if John Howard was Bush's running mate. :lol:

The thing I find annoying is that when John Howard was in power, I was pretty against him as he did a lot of things that were quite anti-thetical to the Australia that I'd like to see. I still believe that, but there's also value in having a leader who is at least moderately in control of their party and clear about their actions. Howard feels like the last PM that wasn't just spending all his time defending himself from party politics or taking cheap shots at other pollies in the news.

I feel a bit like Australia has the same sort of political divide that the US has, but for us it's just led to a dogpile of people trying to climb to the top while no one is running the country. For all I think that someone like Trump is damaging, I think four years of the wrong guy in power is preferable to someone new every twelve months as everyone races to backstab each other.

It's also funny watching Australia rag on NZ politics when it's actually far more sensible and sorted than the Australian equivalent.

It's also funny watching Australia rag on NZ politics when it's actually far more sensible and sorted than the Australian equivalent.

I, along with many other kiwi's would say that's highly debatable...Especially the 'sensible' part of it :lol:

The thing I find annoying is that when John Howard was in power, I was pretty against him as he did a lot of things that were quite anti-thetical to the Australia that I'd like to see. I still believe that, but there's also value in having a leader who is at least moderately in control of their party and clear about their actions. Howard feels like the last PM that wasn't just spending all his time defending himself from party politics or taking cheap shots at other pollies in the news.

I feel a bit like Australia has the same sort of political divide that the US has, but for us it's just led to a dogpile of people trying to climb to the top while no one is running the country. For all I think that someone like Trump is damaging, I think four years of the wrong guy in power is preferable to someone new every twelve months as everyone races to backstab each other.

You have the political divide of the U.S. but without the two party system to smooth over the ups and downs. You're looking more and more like Canada actually, with 3 or 4 parties gaining enough votes to influence election outcomes although our coalitions and leaders tend to have a bit more staying power. We'd be in a tizzy if we had your political ups and downs as of late:dopey:

I'm reading that Australia is having epic flooding right now that is bringing crocodiles and snakes right to peoples' homes. That's some straight-up sharknado stuff.

"Sure floods are deadly, but what if we added deadly animals to them?" - Australia

Have the heat and floods affected agricultural crop production? Have losses been sustained? Is Australia self-sufficient in agriculture, or are grains imported?

Have the heat and floods affected agricultural crop production? Have losses been sustained? Is Australia self-sufficient in agriculture, or are grains imported?
Heat and floods affect everything but everything seems to bounce back

I'm reading that Australia is having epic flooding right now that is bringing crocodiles and snakes right to peoples' homes. That's some straight-up sharknado stuff.

"Sure floods are deadly, but what if we added deadly animals to them?" - Australia
  1. Yep a crocs are getting on people's lawns from floods, we have had a warm humid summer the heat has also bought out a lot more snakes, where i work is a very bush area and have encountered a few this season, for the most part they will get out of your way,im still not entirely comfortable around them thats for sure

Latest Posts

Back