Axle Grease

• Thread starter Jetboy.
  • 17 comments
United States
Pennsylvania
Darkdeeds427
I walked into my garage checking for a vehicle for this weeks competition. RX-8? Beautiful handler, but I want some power. I glanced at two RX-7s, walked by the GT40, and passed the Tuscan. The glaring headlights of the Mustang watched me move past. The demonic taillights of the 3000GT had me pause for a sec. Nah.I rounded the first corner of my garage, passing the Speed 12. It isn't fun obliterating the competition. I passed numerous race cars, GT40, C5-R, Camaro, XJ220... There it sat, gleaming in the otherwise dark garage. Parked between a Viper and another RX-8. The ferrocious look up front gave it its name, but the three digits stamped on the fender gave it its fame. A small hood scoop, 2 chrome side pipes, and wire wheels on the outside. I openned the door, taking care to not scrape the RX-8. i climbed in, and grabbed the earplugs hanging off the mirror. I reset the trip meter, reading 153.8 miles from my last outing. Earplugs in now, I cranked the engine. An explosion of sound as the 427 belt out the first 2000 rpms. A few quick revs and one to 6 grand. I look over and notice my Viper's driverside window go to pieces. Oh well, that can be fixed I pulled out to the transporter, setting of car-alarms in the process. From here it would be taken to Trial Mountain.
Enter the "Doom Room" as it is dubbed. Here inspecters stripped my car of its aftermarket parts and sent them home so I would not be tempted to refit them on. Finally medium Slicks up front and Slicks in the rear were put on. I sauntered out onto the front straight with the cockiness of Clint Eastwood entering the local saloon.
The starting grid read:
Camaro SS
Supra RZ
Mustang Svt Cobra R
Z Concept
Skyline R32 GT-R
Cobra
The tinny vroom-vroom of the R32 was quickly drowned out by the burble of the 7.0 litre V8. :lol: Alittle too much throttle and I enter the first corner tail-first. No problem, power quickly spooled up as the needle brushed past 5000. The Camaro led as I quickly caught the backmarking Skyline on lap 2.Right at the rnd of the same lap, the Z's handling prowess outshines the Camaro's and he blows right past. All the while, I was all over the both of them. I passed the Z across the line on lap 3/4, but he put on a terrific fight as we entered the S. On the 5th lap, my fronts are a tinge orange and the backs yellow. The Supra and the Camaro pit leaving only me and the Z yet to pit. The fronts are red and I notice that sliding the car through the corners was a lot easier that trying to turn. On lap 6 the Z and I pit as well as the Mustang, which had suprised me because I forgot he existed. :lol: On lap 8, I started pulling away from the Z. This was the last I saw of him. By lap 11, I had 16.579 seconds on the Z. A 6 lap pit stategy was originally planned, but as I raced on lap 12 I noticed I had plenty of life in the tires. I pitted on lap 13. By 15, I was in my own zip-code; 31 seconds away. Right at the beginning of 17, I lapped the Skyline and I blew by the Mustang coming from the pits on 20. I later won, with my Grill lit by the Supra's taillights.

Results:
Cobra 33'38.503
Z Concept - 1'12.581
Supra -1'30.119
Camaro-1'32.742
Svt Cobra R -1 lap
R32 GT-R -1 lap

Surry for the lengthly write-up. I hope you enjoyed today's show.

Thanks much. Man that didn't take long for a response!

By the way, this is my first write-up.

Jetboys427
Thanks much. Man that didn't take long for a response!

By the way, this is my first write-up.

Nice job! Keep 'em coming!

Those of us that post lengthy write-ups enjoy reading them too! :D

Thank you, UB57. This is the second installment.

Midfield
I woke up the next morning with a nasty little crick in my back, prolly due to the jouncy suspention, which is about as good as any Connestoga Wagon. As I sat in the garage, I noticed the morning sunlight christen the Cobra's voluptuous yellow curves. A cup of espresso in my hand, I walked over to the Mustangs pitbox. For a while, the driver and I BS'd about last afternoon. "Yeah, I dunno. I think the downforce is really messed up," He motioned me closer,"Really I think it was the dude in the Skyline that did it. Wish he did it to hiss own car, he mighta finished better that last. :lol:" "Nah, I don't think even that woulda saved his ass." I replied. " Hey, you wanna be my runnin mate?" He stopped tinkering with the spoiler and said What? "Yeah, you and me. You already know the Z and the R32 are together, what good that'll do him. They are Nissans. That leaves the Supra and the Camaro to duke it out, unless they collaborate together." " I'll think about it." " Hey, I didn't quite catch your name. " "Justin. Justin Bell."
A dull engine not emitted from one of the cells and the Camaro backed from the garage. Quickly I pull out the trusty earplugs and crank the engine. It took a few seconds because the engine was cold, but it roars to life and two wrenches fall to the floor.
I looked at the track map and groaned. Long straights for my extremely short gears. Tight turns for a 37 year old suspention. Don't get me wrong, I love Midfield. It's just the antithesis of my car's setup. The only thing going for the Cobra is the break-neck acceleration. I put it into second gear, and Qualifying began.
Results Qualifying
Cobra
Supra RZ
Nissan Z
Camaro SS
SVT Cobra
R32 GT-R
Even with my power advantage, the Supra will still get the jump on me. I don't like all that intrusive electro-gadgetry. All I have is a form of GPS System, which gives me all the telemitry I need. Green, green, green, go, go, go! I spun right in the first gravel trap in turn two. The Z almost did the same. For the whole of lap one, I stayed 5th. I was glued to the Camaro for most of lap three, with my teamate(SVT Cobra R) in 5th. I pit on 5 just so the SVT could pass me and so I could punt him up to 3rd or so. After all pitstops cycled through, the Camaro resumed 2nd. The Supra went 7 laps on 1 set of tires :odd: Now why didn't he do that at Trial Mountain?
Halfway through lap 8, the Z emerges to second, prolly piking the Camaro to the grass in the process. On lap 9, I spun twice, giving the lead to the Z. On lap 12, the Z sent me sprawling into the grass, he then resumed a half second lead. Let's see how good his ASM works.Two went in the carousel, 1 came out.......with a 3/4 second lead. :irked: I pit on 12, only to see the Z sweep past. WTF? He pit on 13. On 14, the SVT and I hook up and try to run away from the rest.....only for him to pit the same exact lap.
Now it's 16, and I am running from the Z, the Camaro pits. Nothing really eventful happens for the next few laps, just that I happen to gain a second on the Z at every checkpoint. Just as you think it doesn't get any better, the Z pits on 19. :dunce: I do a Victory Burnout across line.
Results
1 Cobra 29'06.824 20
2 SupraRZ +20.629 10
3 SVT:tup: +31.271 6
4 Camaro +33.097 6
5 350Z:lol: +33.382 8
6 R32 GT-R +1'19.857 2 :banghead:

psonefreak
good writeups, both of them. :)
Thank you. The trilogy continues......

The Dual Crown
Serving the Racing world since 1917
Wed., July 14, 2004​
Z Has Too Much Zoom
-Rome, Italy. Polyphoy Digital Cup officials fined the Nissan Z Team $25,000 for using an illegal Eaton-Roots Screw type supercharger which boosted power output to more than 390 horsepower. See Zoom /page 4.​

Raikkonen Takes Grand Prix Pole
-Silverstone, England
Kimi Raikkonen collects his third pole in his career. Michael Schumacher starts in 4th for the Brittish GP. Raikkonen of Mclaren-Mercedes turned a lap of 1'18.233 on the 3.2-mile Silverstone Circuit.[/LEFT]
NASCAR Roadrage
Joliet, Ill. Tony Stewart bludgeons his way to the win in Sunday's Tropicana 400 by knocking Kasey Kahne out of the way, as pit crews duke it out. See Roadrage /page 3​
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ruffled the paper a few times, folded it, and tossed it on the tool cabinet. I immediately heard swearing in the stall next to mine. I went around the corner and said, "What th- holy ****!!" :scared:I ducked as a wrench went whizzing by. I quickly retreated in my stall. I'm sorry, but I don't believe standing near someone tossing tools at your head is the smartest thing to do.💡 Also hearing the chaos, Justin showed up as well as Charlie (driver of the Camaro). "What the bluddy hell is his problem?" asked Justin. Yeah, what's all the hulla-baloo about over there?" asked Charlie. I simply whipped out the article. We heard clanging and watch a screwdriver bounce into the pit road. What a moron.You and the Supra team up? Yeah, it was inevitable. Andy, ain't too bad though. Espresso? Sure both reply, and that was the morning.

Qualifying

Cobra/ Dennis Black
Camaro SS/ Charlie Kane
Nissan Z/ Lee Hiroshima
Supra RZ/ Andy Colbert
SVT Cobra R/ Justin Bell
R32 GT-R/ Stacy Ninjitsu

I had a second on Charlie for most of lap 1. The Camaro squeezed me a bit on lap 2, but the 427 blew the 350's doors off. By the beginning of lap 3, I had 5 seconds and change over Charlie, Lee was all over him. Now this is racing!! The Cobra had 8 seconds now on Lee halfway through lap 3. According to GPS, I had 15 seconds over the Z by the end of 4. On lap 7, The Z and the Supra pitted as well as the Mustang. Evidently, Lee's team need that wrench, as indicated by is time spent on pit road. Charlie resumes second and I pit on 8. Lee takes 2nd back on lap 11. Seriously, I dunno if Stacy sucks, or if his Skyline does, but I lapped him on 13. Everyone pits on 14/15 with the exception of Charlie. Lee takes second back from Charlie on 18. I finally lap the Z on the last corners on lap 20.

Results

Cobra 32'50.257 30 points
Z +1 lap 14
Supra RZ " 14
Camaro SS " 9
Svt Cobra " 8
R32 GT-R " 3​

Whew that took some work doing. I hope you enjoyed todays show. 👍

haha... the newspaper thing was interesting! its good to see some new ppl writing here... I've only wrote one but it seemed to kinda bomb :P haha.

I would like to formally apolgize for my four-day absence. I had caught the worst thing a man can get: the flu. Within those four days, I did complete the Championchip.
Results.
Cobra 100
Concept Z 53
Supra 32
Camaro 30
Mustang 29
Skyline 10.

Like I aforementioned, I apologize for cutting this one short. The Cobra has exactly 1000.0 miles on it, making it my 2nd ever to brush past 1 grand. I even got the F094/s on my first try! :cheers:

Jetboys427
Thank you. The trilogy continues......

The Dual Crown
Serving the Racing world since 1917
Wed., July 14, 2004​
Z Has Too Much Zoom
-Rome, Italy. Polyphoy Digital Cup officials fined the Nissan Z Team $25,000 for using an illegal Eaton-Roots Screw type supercharger which boosted power output to more than 390 horsepower. See Zoom /page 4.​

Raikkonen Takes Grand Prix Pole
-Silverstone, England
Kimi Raikkonen collects his third pole in his career. Michael Schumacher starts in 4th for the Brittish GP. Raikkonen of Mclaren-Mercedes turned a lap of 1'18.233 on the 3.2-mile Silverstone Circuit.[/LEFT]
NASCAR Roadrage
Joliet, Ill. Tony Stewart bludgeons his way to the win in Sunday's Tropicana 400 by knocking Kasey Kahne out of the way, as pit crews duke it out. See Roadrage /page 3​
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ruffled the paper a few times, folded it, and tossed it on the tool cabinet. I immediately heard swearing in the stall next to mine. I went around the corner and said, "What th- holy ****!!" :scared:I ducked as a wrench went whizzing by. I quickly retreated in my stall. I'm sorry, but I don't believe standing near someone tossing tools at your head is the smartest thing to do.💡 Also hearing the chaos, Justin showed up as well as Charlie (driver of the Camaro). "What the bluddy hell is his problem?" asked Justin. Yeah, what's all the hulla-baloo about over there?" asked Charlie. I simply whipped out the article. We heard clanging and watch a screwdriver bounce into the pit road. What a moron.You and the Supra team up? Yeah, it was inevitable. Andy, ain't too bad though. Espresso? Sure both reply, and that was the morning.

Qualifying

Cobra/ Dennis Black
Camaro SS/ Charlie Kane
Nissan Z/ Lee Hiroshima
Supra RZ/ Andy Colbert
SVT Cobra R/ Justin Bell
R32 GT-R/ Stacy Ninjitsu

I had a second on Charlie for most of lap 1. The Camaro squeezed me a bit on lap 2, but the 427 blew the 350's doors off. By the beginning of lap 3, I had 5 seconds and change over Charlie, Lee was all over him. Now this is racing!! The Cobra had 8 seconds now on Lee halfway through lap 3. According to GPS, I had 15 seconds over the Z by the end of 4. On lap 7, The Z and the Supra pitted as well as the Mustang. Evidently, Lee's team need that wrench, as indicated by is time spent on pit road. Charlie resumes second and I pit on 8. Lee takes 2nd back on lap 11. Seriously, I dunno if Stacy sucks, or if his Skyline does, but I lapped him on 13. Everyone pits on 14/15 with the exception of Charlie. Lee takes second back from Charlie on 18. I finally lap the Z on the last corners on lap 20.

Results

Cobra 32'50.257 30 points
Z +1 lap 14
Supra RZ " 14
Camaro SS " 9
Svt Cobra " 8
R32 GT-R " 3​

Whew that took some work doing. I hope you enjoyed todays show. 👍

Cool done,especially that of Lee and Charlie :lol:

Thanks for the feedback!! I'll continue to create more write-ups, which I will include in this thread. The "Paper" took a lot of effort and banging my head off the screen. :lol: The names I made are mostly original, and I tried to make an element of reality in this writing. Once again, thanks.

To End With The Beginning was a concept I have had for the last few months, to complete the last Enduro with the oldest racecar. In this game, it was the GT40. Car #6, (codename GT40P/Chassis 1075) is one of the most winningist of the GT40's. In '68, it placed 1st at Brands Hatch, Spa, Watkins Glen, LeMans, and 3rd at Nurburging. In 1969, the same car won at Sebring and LeMans again. Not too shabby for a design used since '64, no? "So, why can't it win one more Endurance Race?" And 1075 seemingly agreed, taking the pole by 2 seconds.

Grand Valley Speedway​

Line-up

GT40
Raybrig NSX
Castrol NSX
Castrol Supra
Denso Supra
Pennzoil Skyline

Driver's Notes

Even on cold tires, the GT40 corners with poise and grace, and even seems pretty well balanced with the NSX's. This is prolly due to weight (the gearbox alone weighs a thick 300 pounds in a GT40) but once there is a straight, this brick moves hitting nearly 180 on the front stretch, and 150 on the East Side.

Pit schedule.
GT40: 6 laps
Castrol Duo and Raybrig: 7 laps
Denso Supra: 13 laps
Pennzoil Skyline: 22 laps

2: The Castrol NSX falls off the pace, getting caught up in the tunnel.
Lap4: I had already gained 2 seconds on the Raybrig, the Skyline was already falling off the pace.
L7: Pits cycle through, Denso resumes second.
8: I have 13 seconds on the Denso
9: I pull off a sycc drift on the second hairpin, The Denso is 16 sec's behind.
11: I have officially lost everyone. The Denso is 22 seconds back, with the Raybrig NSX in tow.
12-14: Pit stops cycle through.
17: My lead increases to 41 seconds
18: I Pit.
20: a 1/3 of the race is through after 38'13.700, I set the holap of the race at a 1'45.568.
21:Castrol Duo and the Raybrig pit. Denso resumes second
27: I have a 27 second lead. Denso pits.
28:Castrol Duo and the Raybrig pit.
30: Halftime is 57'40.479
36:Castrol Duo, the Raybrig, and I pit in.
40: Denso pits
42:Castrol Duo, the Raybrig, and I pit in.
46:Skyline pits
48: I pit.
50: I finally lap the Raybrig NSX.

Finish

GT40 114'17.485
Raybrig NSX +1
Denso Supra +1
Castrol NSX +1
Castrol Supra +2
Pennzoil Skyline +2

400,000 creds and a Gray WRX LM

Enduro Mode Complete: Blue/ white F094/h
Sim Mode All Complete: Red/white F688/s
100%: All Black F094/s

And so, the final chapter in the GranTurismo seriesis complete for me after 978 days, 5.9 million creds, 136 cars, 65% Win Ratio, 12 gold 5 silver, and 32 bronze. All thanks to the 5 litre GT40, The Beginning use for The End.

I'd like to thank the creaters of this game and this franchise, even if they never will read this write up.

P.S. Can I now be in the 100% Club?

Nice job JetBoys! Glad to see you've made it to 100%!
Now you've got to drive all those vehicles you've got sitting in the garage still in their wrappers with no miles on!! Have fun with them!

Keep the write-ups coming, I'd hate for them to stop now you've reached 100%!

Oh, they won't Smallhorses, because I'm starting another one. 👍

"Could Robbie get to the garage please, Robbie to the garage." The PA system echoed in the Tri-level. A few minutes later and a clean-shaven Robert steps from the elevator. "You want to see me, Mr. Black?" Yes, Robert, -you missed a spot. "Pardon?" I pointed at his left ear. "Oh." He whipped out a rag and dabbed a bit of shaving cream near his sideburn. Now, what I really wanted to know was how long you have been transporting my automobiles. "A good six months, sir, and with no scratches. :) " I have something for you then, Robbie. See that Camaro there? "The black one?" Yes. I fished the keys from my pocket. It's yours. "Get out, how many shots of Scotch d'you have today?"None, I'm completely sober. The SuperSport is yours. The rest of today is yours as well, get plenty of sleep, because we are going to Trial Mountain in the morning. "Thank you, sir!"

Stacy, Andrew, Justin, Lee, and Charlie were back. Mr. Black, Mr.Black, look at my new ride!Stacy drug me to his stall. Now that is impressive. A new R34 Vsp. II poked its nose from the darkness. Charlie came out of nowhere. Where's your Cobra, Denny?It's retired in a special portion of my garage. Then what's this month's weapon of choice?The black RX-8. Righty-o, see ya in the Winner's Circle.Thanks. I passed Lee going back to my stall. Still on probation? He said something angrilly in Japeniese. I'll take that as a 'yes'.

More installments in the future.....

Back