Ayrton Senna LOTUS 97T '85

• Thread starter RyanRacer
  • 10 comments
I know the tune is heavily based on Arty's, but I have made some very crucial changes! I have made the springs minimum in the front, and maximum in the back, because let's face it, this car really needs it. It is safe to do so because other than wheelspin, this car has no oversteer with high aero. And the high aero is what really makes this car great, just ask Arty. He's running the same downforce. As for the differential, the initial torque just adds more understeer. The high acceleration values do require an expert out of the slow corners, but the amount of time gained on the straights and in the high speed corners is incredible! All of the understeer gets taken away! And finally, I am running a lower ride height just for that extra grip, while still retaining good corner rotation. I'm actually running the stock ride height, 57 "inches" in the front and back. So there. Now I think the car is pretty close to perfect. :cheers:

As if I could magically reduce the torque this car has??? What??? :odd:
the initial torque and the acceleration sensivity especialy
just bring it down a bit i keep my acceleration around 10 abd it's fantastic
especialy for the tire wear

and don't forget the breaking sensivity too
if you don t want to spin out when breaking
bring it down to

the initial torque and the acceleration sensivity especialy
just bring it down a bit i keep my acceleration around 10 abd it's fantastic
especialy for the tire wear

and don't forget the breaking sensivity too
if you don t want to spin out when breaking
bring it down to

The time gained with the higher acceleration settings is worth it!

As for the brakes, it is nearly impossible to spin out under breaking because this car's problem is understeer not oversteer!. The higher settings also give you so much stopping power... they only lock up if you really stomp on them for a prolonged amount of time.

The time gained with the higher acceleration settings is worth it!

As for the brakes, it is nearly impossible to spin out under breaking because this car's problem is understeer not oversteer!. The higher settings also give you so much stopping power... they only lock up if you really stomp on them for a prolonged amount of time.
The time gain on one lap is good
but on a 300km or more race you ll need to stop more often for tire
i know that because i organize a Lotus championship
we re on our third week out of 10 now and i prefer to sacrifice 1 second per lap just to stay out 2 or 3 laps more
that s the kind of sacrifice i m willing to make to gain time on the race
you have to find the good compromise

Right right, this setup is more like a qualifying/offline hotlap setup. Lower acceleration settings would definitely be easier and better for online racing; I'll work on a racing setup. At the moment I suggest you use 5/16/6, it seems to be a good compromise.

Right right, this setup is more like a qualifying/offline hotlap setup. Lower acceleration settings would definitely be easier and better for online racing; I'll work on a racing setup. At the moment I suggest you use 5/16/6, it seems to be a good compromise.
i use 5/10/6 and it's working very good
for example i do 1.34.250 at Mount Panorama and 9 laps with tire wear at realistic

Back