Azuremen's photos - Spring and Summer vibes

• Thread starter Azuremen
  • 456 comments
7RSIYc2.jpg
(s)

Great shots.

I really enjoy the atmosphere of your shots, really makes me wish I lived in an interesting part of the world like that. ha

Good stuff!

I really enjoy the atmosphere of your shots, really makes me wish I lived in an interesting part of the world like that. ha

Good stuff!

I've kind of found everything seems interesting except where one lives. Took me a while to start seeing all the interesting details in my daily life.

Untitled

Sony a7 ~ Voigtlander Nokton 40mm F/1.4 S.C

Finally took the SD card out of the EOS M. Haven't seen these in a month.

Ascent III

Canon EOS M ~ Rokinon 12mm F/2 NCS

Crossing

Tour

Tower

Levels III

Geometries

Levels II

Tower II

Going through the photos from last year's travelling with the colors I've recently started using has been exciting. I'm also more interested in my wide angle shots from the M than the telephoto bokeh madness photos from the 5Dii. Makes me realize that I need a proper wide angle for my a7, preferably soon.

IMG_0339

IMG_0256

Canon EOS M ~ Canon 22mm F/2 STM

IMG_0237

Canon EOS M ~ Canon 22mm F/2 STM

IMG_0059

IMG_8991

Any options in particular stand out to you? I'm thinking about what could replace the super cheap Minolta 28mm I have now.

I'm probably going to get the Voigtlander 15mm Heliar III. For the money it seems like the most logical grab. And the III is designed for a digital sensor, so the color smearing seems to have been resolved. Would compliment the 40mm and 100mm that I typically carry nicely.

For a normal wide, probably the Sony FE 28mm F/2.0, as it seems to be the best in terms of price/performance/size.

I'm probably going to get the Voigtlander 15mm Heliar III. For the money it seems like the most logical grab. And the III is designed for a digital sensor, so the color smearing seems to have been resolved. Would compliment the 40mm and 100mm that I typically carry nicely.

For a normal wide, probably the Sony FE 28mm F/2.0, as it seems to be the best in terms of price/performance/size.
Wow, super wide. It'll certainly feel nicer on the A7 than something from Rokinon.

Do you like using the EOS M? I upgraded to the A6000 earlier this year and now I can't go back to the EOS M.

I daily an A7 for my shooting these days. The EOS M is something that I love still, as it and the 22mm pancake can produce absolutely superb images in a tiny package. Same with the Rokinon 12mm. But it isn't the most fun to use, so I don't put it in my bag often.

Any options in particular stand out to you? I'm thinking about what could replace the super cheap Minolta 28mm I have now.

Check out shots from the Sigma 24mm 2.8 Super-Wide II, I have it in minolta md mount and think it's a great lens. It can be found cheap too I think, I got mine for like 25-35 dollars off craigslist. I also have the sigma 28mm Super-Wide II which I found at Salvation Army for super cheap but it's not as good of a performer. Idk, It may just be a bad copy.

I've been interested in the 15mm voigtlander you guys are talking about and I really like all the added features you get with it being e mount as well the improvements they made to resolve the issues other versions had on Sony cameras. 20mm is the widest I've shot on FF so 15mm (or maybe the 12mm) would be quite the experience.

Love the photo of your friend buying the beer. Dude wearing a Minecraft shirt buying a "Beer Box" sounds like the most boring subject, yet it's a more interesting photo than some yuppie's snapchat of, say, a supercar.

Been a minute... not for a lack of taking pictures but simply been busy and putting new gear through the paces. Well, that and continuing the development of my colors and production. Enjoying Fuji's 35mm F/2 wR lens quite a bit on my X-E2, especially with how the draws details and their contrast. Sometimes find myself wanting the isolation my a7 + Nokton (or Nikkor 55/1.2) but then remember I was rarely shooting wide open in most situations anyhow because of edge softness. Plus the body and lens combo is incredibly light and quick to use with the autofocus, auto ISO, and aperture priority.

Fuji X-E2 ~ Fuji 35mm F/2 WR

So, is the A7 completely gone?

Also, are all these your own presets? How many of them have you created now?
Looking gorgeous... 👍

Glad you're enjoying the Fuji.

I adore mine and I really want an upgrade to my X-E1 but it's still shooting so I can't justify the cost vs how much I'm out with a camera at the moment.

So, is the A7 completely gone?

I still have the a7 for when I need F/1.4 glass and/or that full-frame look. I may sell it but not sure as I know I'll want that dreamscape look only the Nikkor 55/1.2 and FF can create. That said, I've only gotten the a7 out for one event with the Nokton in the past few weeks - the X-E2 and X-E1 (which I'm selling tomorrow) have been my daily carry cameras. Plus they've done well on some low light DJ gigs and bar photography, leading me to believe a 3rd gen XTrans sensor could meet all my needs in terms of IQ and high ISO situations over the a7.

The quieter shutter versus the a7 is also lovely.

Also, are all these your own presets? How many of them have you created now?
Looking gorgeous... 👍

They're a mix of my own and the Nate Pack (VSCO mobile clones) blended with the Fuji camera profiles and my own personal adjustments. The Nate Pack SP-5 is basically HB2 from VSCO mobile, which I use as my base for my mobile work a lot (iPhone insta) and when I sometimes use the WiFi to send jpegs to my phone.

Fundamentally, I've got maybe 4 or 5 major presets for the Sony but I haven't tweaked them all over to the Fuji. The biggest being the red, tea style tones I've used for a few low light events.

Glad you're enjoying the Fuji.

I adore mine and I really want an upgrade to my X-E1 but it's still shooting so I can't justify the cost vs how much I'm out with a camera at the moment.

I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Still not using in camera jpegs as much as I'd like but the general shooting experience is wonderful. Put around 3,000 shots on the X-E2 in the past two weeks.

The X-E1 has the same image quality as the X-E2 so no major gains besides usability. The EVF is quite a bit nicer (more than I expected) and greater level of control, in particular flash power, helps with how much I shoot and the situations I am shooting in.

Glad you're enjoying the fooj. There's something about that X-trans magic...

Back