[B-Spec] 2017 Oreo Short Track Series

• Thread starter tbwhhs
  • 133 comments
Audi Sport Team Forza showcases new TT.

As car reveals continue for the Oreo Short Track Series, newcomers Audi Sport Team Forza were the next to showcase their #10 machine which will be driven by AudiMan2011. The striking new TT includes sponsorship from Xbox One, Turn 10 Studios and their flagship Forza Motorsport 6 title.

TT 10.jpg

Last edited:
Audi Sport Team Forza showcases new TT.

As car reveals continue for the Oreo Short Track Series, newcomers Audi Sport Team Forza were the next to showcase their #10 machine which will be driven by AudiMan2011. The striking new TT includes sponsorship from Xbox One, Turn 10 Studios and their flagship Forza Motorsport 6 title.

tt-10-jpg.572470
The image has up and gone :confused:

Yay, tag teaming! My witty double-referencing team name can live on as an actual thing! :D

Now, to see how will I tackle this livery thing... I don't want to mess up its accuracy, I'm that worried about it. Hey Reb, can I count on you? You didn't answer the last time I asked this question... Just wondering, that's all.

Yay, tag teaming! My witty double-referencing team name can live on as an actual thing! :D

Now, to see how will I tackle this livery thing... I don't want to mess up its accuracy, I'm that worried about it. Hey Reb, can I count on you? You didn't answer the last time I asked this question... Just wondering, that's all.

Sure!

Reporter: So we've heard you'll be taking a bite ugh... at the recently-announced Oreo Short Track Series, can you give us some details?
Actually, i can explain why i went with the Honda Accord instead of any other potential choice, i expected it to be one of the least likely cars to be chosen incase team-ups were automatic based on the cars that were chosen, along with that Volkswagen, which nobody picked yet. Howver, the styling of the Honda seemed a little bit more intimidating, Honda had a stained public image from the people driving older ones with... "eye-catching" modifications since the now-distant past, whereas VW had got its reputation brought down just last year after their diesels, uh, did some things, along with me being able to say that i like to do things of my own Accord.
R: The inclusion of additional puns was NOT something that i was warned about beforehand...
But if i chose the VW, well, let's just say that the only pun i could have gone with would have..
  1. Had to have been addressed to every other driver in the series
  2. Painted me as a big target for said drivers from the start
  3. Would have been rendered null the instant someone else picked the Volkswagen
Though, to be fair, the auto-teamup thing doesn't seem like its going to happen, and there are already going to be two other Accords on the field, already, so there went my plan.

R: ...Right, how does your Honda look like, anyway?
Funny thing, actually, i was contacted by one of the other drivers in the series, who coincidentally happens to be another Honda driver, to have some pictures taken of it, while at first i thought it was a bribe to join their team, they have stated that they are just helping everyone out, and have also had a certain Audi driver as a client. And even then, some employers for people with such jobs seem to have a strict policy against a certain sponsor featured on my Honda, so it would be easier in the end if i just accepted the offer, and to be honest, the one who took the photos ended up being quite cooperative to the point of me not expecting a good portion of it. But all that wasn't really too related to the question, was it? Think you'd be looking for this:
№97 Accord.jpg

№97 Accord 2.jpg

№97 Accord 3.jpg

*CSMDuty11 denies any potential claims that he accidentally spilled a can of red paint onto the back of the seat of his car

R: ...Why does it even have fake foglights? They won't even work!
Ah, you see, not only did i decide to use a livery that a certain pair of cars used before, but i also asked myself the question "How do i make this better?" and ended up making the yellow transition between the front and the hood actually match up, putting the older, colored version of the Gran Turismo logo behind the newer, white logo not only because i felt the vehicle needed a little bit more colors, but also for the reason that you can guess by noticing the letters in italics, making the windshield banner match the general colors of the car because, lets be honest, the car probably already sponsors Honda enough to the point where you wouldn't need the windshield banner to stand out compared to the car, and so-and-so. And i felt that not only did the foglights allude to one of the cars that formerly wore a similar livery, but also ended up feeling that, while the variant with the normal grille gave off an impression that it would mess you up if you attempted to mess with it first, the inclusion of the foglights makes it feel more aggressive compared to the former.
...And besides, doesn't the actual NASCAR Euro series have a Chevrolet SS with a FORD badge? I'd think that some false foglights would be nothing compared to that.

R: Okay, fine, i stand corrected, sheesh. Anyway, it was also announced you could have an alternate livery for this series, do you plan on having one yourself?
Well, considering the rules don't state that you couldn't use a different car brand for the alternate livery, nor stated that you actually had to use one of the cars that was mentioned in the OP...
R: Is this guy even serious...
I decided to go with a 2011 Mediocrity that sponsors its own brand!
...Okay, no, i'm not that crazy yet, and wouldn't recommend attempting to use the "loopholes" that i just made up to any other potential driver, especially the second one. But i did consider using a Castrol livery based on the livery that a Jaguar XJR-9 once wore, but felt that it looked a bit too unprofessional compared to the primary livery.

R: Right then, any statements you want to make to the other drivers?
A few, actually. First, for the love of whatever god does or doesn't exist, don't put the logos of one car brand onto a car completly unrelated to, or even rivaling the other car brand that actually made the car you will be using. This will most likely apply to that #22 car, as well. Second of all, copy-pasting pictures of renders from someone else's PMs most likely keeps the pictures of said renders visible only to the participants of the PM conversation. And third of all, this one is for any potential Mustang drivers that could end up in the series, i suggest that one of you pick Hoosier as a sponsor, but then make a livery similar to the Hoonicorn, possibly even with some false tape on the headlights. Because then, you can call it a Hoosicorn!
R: Okay, screw this, i quit my job if it means i have to put up with even more puns.

Last edited:
Introducing the #88 Dodge Charger of Dustone, we are proud to announce we have teamed up with New York City FC as a way to promote the newly formed team in the MLS to a broader audience throughout the USA. Although this type of cross-promotion is not unique, it is the first of its kind to be the naming rights sponsor for a full season. The team and NYCFC are looking forward to the season ahead!

We would like to thank @Smurfybug for the render scenes! :D

88%20STS.jpg

88%20STS%20Side.jpg

BTW I will be taking requests if anybody wants a car done but I will be on holidays now and wont be back untl the end of August so it will have to wait until then. Let me know!

Since the last Race is ??? you could have a vote to see which track it will be.
I found this mod, I'm assuming this is using NR2003. If it's using Rfactor, the same track is for that game as well.

I will check it out.

Right now the only tracks that I can say that will 100% absolutely be on the schedule are Richmond, Bristol, Nashville, and Lucas Oil Raceway. The other tracks I need to test.

Maybe do the starting lineup like NASCAR Thunder 2004 does it (If possible)

Last edited:
This is just a little tease of something I'm working on for the race videos.

Getting some sort of car picture to go along with the drivers' names is a bit of a must, or so I think at least. Nothing too complex, just a front 3/4 picture or something along those lines...

Putting on overlay graphics was something I did with my GTR2 video I recently released. I was somewhat lazy with mine because I made something with fictional drivers and didn't bother to make fancy graphics for any driver or any car. I think you did pretty good with your overlay test. As always, never stop improving.

Maybe do the starting lineup like NASCAR Thunder 2004 does it (If possible)

I kind of like that, there might be something I can make close to it.

Getting some sort of car picture to go along with the drivers' names is a bit of a must, or so I think at least. Nothing too complex, just a front 3/4 picture or something along those lines...

I planned on using a picture of the cars in my original idea, which was to do something like this:

Now I'm thinking of just trying to use the numbers.

Putting on overlay graphics was something I did with my GTR2 video I recently released. I was somewhat lazy with mine because I made something with fictional drivers and didn't bother to make fancy graphics for any driver or any car. I think you did pretty good with your overlay test. As always, never stop improving.

Thanks, I saw your video and thats where I got the inspiration to add some overlays to my videos. Unfortuantely I am a perfectionist and I always end up finding something that could be better. Since I am the Director of Broadcasting :lol: for @Jahgee 's Crayola Series, I have time to work overlays when I upload those races.

I kind of like that, there might be something I can make close to it.
If you set the camera to No vehicle while on the pace car camera you were showing, then it should freeze in place. Not sure how you'd do the pace laps viewing the whole field however.

If you set the camera to No vehicle while on the pace car camera you were showing, then it should freeze in place. Not sure how you'd do the pace laps viewing the whole field however.

If the pace lap is long enough I can do this:

If not I would probably just do the starting lineup before the cars start the pace lap.

I actually like the 2nd Starting Lineup Test more than the 1st one. What I would probably do is set up some kind of screen or something just showcasing whatever it is you want to showcase rather than try to make something to get everything in before a race starts. That's what I would recommend unless you're trying to make a Starting Grid presentation as the cars roll out from the pits. It certainly would be a tough task doing this on short tracks like what you did here at Bristol.

You did a fine job with your stuff. Makes me want to step my game up should I do more game videos! :)

If the pace lap is long enough I can do this:

If not I would probably just do the starting lineup before the cars start the pace lap.

I guess the Thunder model doesn't work as well for rolling starts as it does for standing ones... Still, it's certainly an improvement over the original attempt, that much I can say. I like the way the graphics look, very professional-like. Maybe the number boxes can be a little bigger, but that's my only complaint about the thing...

I ran some test races at Richmond, Jennerstown and Nashville tonight, and all indications are that I don't need to make many adjustments to be ready for the season.

Also, the unveiling of my cars.
6-penzoil-jpg.574500

6-penzoil-side-jpg.574499

6-ford-mustang-jpg.574493

6-ford-mustang-side-jpg.574492

Thanks to @Smurfybug for the renders.

I ran some test races at Richmond, Jennerstown and Nashville tonight, and all indications are that I don't need to make many adjustments to be ready for the season.

Also, the unveiling of my cars.
6-penzoil-jpg.574500

6-penzoil-side-jpg.574499

6-ford-mustang-jpg.574493

6-ford-mustang-side-jpg.574492

Thanks to @Smurfybug for the renders.
Did you copy-paste the images right from a PM, by any chance?
If the answer is yes, then i'll just let you know that we can't see them because of that.
If the answer is no, then i'll just let you know that i can't see them anyway for some other reason.

Back