[B-Spec] 2016 World Sportscar Championship

• Thread starter Earth
  • 535 comments
Are you 🤬 kidding me, 3 laps from the end? Still haven't had a 2 car finish. :grumpy:

" Richie Stanaway, #25: We didn't make as much progress in the race as we were hoping, clearly we still have a lot of work to do. It was good to pull away from the #16 at the end there, but we need to find a way be able to use that speed the whole race.

Aaron Van der Linden, #26:
We were looking like we could challenge for a top 5 today, but we had a few issues with the gearbox that held us back. Unfortunately it let go with only a few minutes left on the clock when we were in a good points position, so that really ends our title hopes. We'll be working towards Le Mans from here on out."

I'm still winning something? Cool, I didn't expect to be on top of anything really let alone the Constructors championship. Anyway, on to driver reports.

Driver
Robert Wickens #34: We had a good car today, all went fairly smoothly, no big hiccups happened. There's not a whole lot to say, but the team's qualifying efforts really need work. As good as our cars have been in the race, we really need to qualify better to strike for the lead early. Coming through the pack isn't ideal as we found out at Fuji. We are a new team though so the kinks will work out eventually so I guess after not classifying in Daytona 2 3rd places is pretty good.

Tim Sadchikov #36: Holy crap, we finished a race. Wow, that was not easy at all, we just had traffic after traffic all race because we were in the middle of the pack. It was just crazy, and we finished in the middle of a RAM sandwich, that's the amazing thing. Renz finished up for us and he ended up between them, but it was really funny when he got out of the car. You could tell he was nervous because when he got out his arse was all wet from the sweat puddling at the bottom of his seat. I'm just happy we finished, I don't care where we finished, we finished and that's all us guys can ask for since we're so new to these cars and all the power they have.

Peter Dempsey #35: Well, we got what we deserved here. We didn't want to qualify in case we hurt the car, but unfortunately the team wasn't able to give us a great setup in the race. You could tell even from the TV cameras that the car just was not happy coming out of corners, especially tight ones. We know that now though so the team can go back and work on it for Sebring, which really won't suit such a dance happy car being do bumpy. The only consolation in this is that our title rivals at Frizteam didn't score any points either. So we're no firther behind, but no further ahead either really. We will have to watch what comes of the 34's run because we don't want to take each other out of the fight. At least things are looking up for the team.

Bernhard, Dumas and Jani Double Up for Porsche Sport Pezzarinho

The #16 Porsche Sport Pezzarinho claimed their second victory in a row, beating the Team Jahgee Audi R18 #11 by just 20 seconds. It was a harder fought win than they claimed in Fuji, as the Audi lead at the halfway stage and was at times the faster car. The #18 Porsche Sport Pezzarinho entry again impressed after a solid drive to third to complete the podium positions.

Once again the #17 Porsche Sport Pezzarinho 919 ran into troubles, this time an engine failure being the cause of retirement after the halfway stage. The Porsche had been running with the front runners at the time and looked set to finally get some points on the board.

"It is another red letter day for one side of the garage, but our focus ahead of the next race is with the #17 car," announced Perry Brown. "The 2 wins have given us a healthy championship lead, but we can't maintain the charge with our current reliability. It may be time for some more testing, and I'm sure that Brendon, Marc and Earl will all be eager to prove what they can really do."

The 12 hours of Sebring is the next stop on the calendar in 2 weeks time, where the team will hope to see all 3 cars finish the race strongly.

Two Ends of the Spectrum

Shanghai proved to be another race of attrition, as the retirement rate was also high, involving one of the Goodsmile cars as well. Car number 43 had broken down only with around 30 minutes to go in the race, effectively ending their day in the worst possible way.

"Having this happen twice is so [explicative] ridiculous!!" A frustrated Kyle Busch said right after exiting the car. "Can't believe they approved these [explicative] engines. This is going to become routine if we don't do something about this crap!"

With only the 44 car left with the junior team of Yui Narumi, Miku Hatsune, and Suzuka Tsuchigami, they played the pit strategy right, ending up in 2nd after the pits cycled through. They finished a comfortable gap of a lap ahead, solidifying the best finish of the year.

"Today was a blur! It's way too cool to be almost winning! Ahhh!~ I'm shaking with excitement, I'm sorry! This is surreal!" Reported Miku Hatsune after stumbling onto the podium with the two other Goodsmile drivers.

Narumi also weighed in.
"It was a fantastic car to drive, everything went the way it should have, and we kept our heads up to the very end."

"I find it bitter that we needed 30 seconds to find the win,"
a surprisingly dissapointed Suzuka claimed, "with the other car down as well, it could have been better, but I'll take today's result."

-AMR Goodsmile

When you send me a setup please let me know in the private conversation you have sent it, otherwise I wont be able to know.

I've made some balnce of performance changes. I've had to dig into new things to figure out why I couldnt quite get these cars balanced just right and I think I might have found it.

Porsche 997
  • Loses 5KGs
  • Improved overall downforce generated by body and wings
  • Improved weight balance for better high speed cornering and braking stability

McLaren MP4-12C
Lola Aston Martin DBR1-2

@aarror
@AJHG1000
@BKGlover
@DCybertron
@Formidable
@Frizbe
@G_Parrilla
@Gerarghini
@goofytyler
@GTRacer22
@GTracerEHTeam
@Harsk100
@Jahgee
@optiongamers
@Pezzarinho17
@RACECAR
@rallymorten
@RedDragon
@Suzumiya
@swiftsmith
@tbwhhs
@YayoiGT2

Last edited:
When you send me a setup please let me know in the private conversation you have sent it, otherwise I wont be able to know.

I've made some balnce of performance changes. I've had to dig into new things to figure out why I couldnt quite get these cars balanced just right and I think I might have found it.

Porsche 997
  • Loses 5KGs
  • Improved weight balance for better high speed cornering and braking stability

McLaren MP4-12C
Lola Aston Martin DBR1-2

@aarror
@AJHG1000
@BKGlover
@DCybertron
@Formidable
@Frizbe
@G_Parrilla
@Gerarghini
@goofytyler
@GTRacer22
@Harsk100
@Jahgee
@optiongamers
@Pezzarinho17
@RACECAR
@rallymorten
@RedDragon
@Suzumiya
@swiftsmith
@tbwhhs
@YayoiGT2

I'm just noticing I'm not on the tag list, would you mind adding me just in case this thread ever somehow falls out of my notiications?

Stefano di Fiorano, team director: "Our chances for the LM-GT championship have gone straight out the window after failing to score points yet again. That said, it is amazing how competitive the class is. The gap between a dominating success and absolutely miserable failure is so much smaller here than we expected. Sebring is going to be our last chance to prove our worth as a team trying to make it in the top level of Endurance racing; fingers crossed that we can at least score a few points here."

Frank Monterrey, chief engineer: "Even though it ain't exactly the second half of the season yet, we're considering it as such. It was fun for me to be puttin' around the back of the field, but we need to get our priorities straight. That means keeping myself outta the drivers' seat. This ain't Saturday night short track racin', after all."

Its just a placeholder, but if your OK with it Im OK with it
It's fine by me, I can't really watch the livestreams anyway so if people want it changed they can paint it themselves :lol:

OK I've added you to the tag list so we should be good to go from here on out

Theres two teams I still dont have car paints from

@Jahgee

and

@Frizbe but @RACECAR should be finishing his up shortly

I actually completed them, just never got the chance to send them with all the first week homework. Will be this time around.

Watch this space!...
maxresdefault.jpg

Latest Posts

Back