B-Spec Drifting

• Thread starter T4 GTR
  • 29 comments
Scotland
UK
Firstly I thought about a change with using the B-Spec Driver to drift, has anyone else tried this? IO set out B-Spec in a Toyota Supra RZ and set to 5 (Push Hard). It had comfort tyres on it and He went on Fuji Speedway 1980s, and well crashed.:rolleyes:

Any views on how this can be more succesful?
It would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think you can make B-spec drifting because he is a grip driver and tries to avoid slides all the time. Maybr giving him a car with extreme oversteer would make him slide a bit, but most of the time he'll be crashing.

Maybe BMW M5 with n3 at front and n1 at the rear at Speed Ring will give any results apart from crashes

Yeah true, you can't drift in B-Spec mode. Too difficult. The AI Driver will slow down as soon as the tail whips. Putting him on push will just make him crash on every hard turn.

I agree, you need some pretty wild settings but it seems possibe, I'll dig out a memory card and make a new GT Save, See what a 10 point B-Spec driver does.

it was a long time ago, set the camber to 10 ear and fornt, lower it 100%, antiroll 1 front/10 rear, n2's
set him on highspeed ring.

Try setting your car to be VERY slippery; Staggering Tires, 20 understeer, 0 oversteer, some awkwardly setup LSD and extremely high brak power in rear with low in front.

You can also try making your car extremely stiff, so your driver may drive off the road and recklessly try to get back on the road. Having said this, this will make the driver lose control and turn violently left and right. That's sorta like drifting, no?

Try setting your car to be VERY slippery; Staggering Tires, 20 understeer, 0 oversteer, some awkwardly setup LSD and extremely high brak power in rear with low in front.

You can also try making your car extremely stiff, so your driver may drive off the road and recklessly try to get back on the road. Having said this, this will make the driver lose control and turn violently left and right. That's sorta like drifting, no?

You don't have to make your car extremly stiff. It will just give a lot of understeer. Leave front susp normal and make the rear very stiff, Highest rideheight, maximum camber, + toe helps too. LSD - Locked. No aids. Thats what I used in M3 from the vid

i thought about that long time ago too. i tried it with a few cars, but all i ended up was with him hitting the wall and spinning.
Your video looks pretty sweet. I'll give it a try one of these days! 👍

Another way is to put sport soft on cars that are neutral like the nsx, and let me run for a few laps until the tires start turning orange, don't let him pit and enjoy :dopey:

oh I just got another idea!, Put all the weight in the back, in addition to the extreme rear camber!

wow that vid was tight. sounds cool. mabey after i get some money ill try it.

haha, you said "money". I'll try this on the in the next 72 hours (3 days from this exact time), I did that max cash cheat, and now i Spend money endlessly and I still haven't spent one Trillion dollars, those 1st 3 digits will forever be stuck on "999"..

haha, you said "money". I'll try this on the in the next 72 hours (3 days from this exact time), I did that max cash cheat, and now i Spend money endlessly and I still haven't spent one Trillion dollars, those 1st 3 digits will forever be stuck on "999"..
well what ever credits.what is that cheat?

Thread Bump...? May I? please dont give me some sorta punishment.I didnt know what to do, if i start a thread, i get into trouble, i post in an older existing thread, i also get in trouble (even though you told me to post in exisitng threads).

I just wanted to share that i managed to get the 787B to drift the first sharp corner on high speed ring. IF anyone is interested, i'll post the setup.

Give Bob some hard sports tires on the rear and soft on the front. Take him to the Nurb in a Chevelle SS454 and wear out the tires. Drifting in almost every corner.

Here is another free and excellent way to try it:

Go to Arcade mode (Single race), Pick the Nissan Option Z with these options from the car selection menu: Any transmission, No driving aids, Economy tyres and AI set at 10.

Now go through to the race screen menu.
Go to Quick Set-Up (Whatever it is) and select these now:
+20% power, -10% weight, Still no driving aids, any transmission and normal tires: front-sport, rear-economy.

Back