[What's left of GTR2Series] Final video available!

• Thread starter rallymorten
  • 1,422 comments
Well, it's something I guess. Also Gatlin is no longer with the team, last I heard he was playing a game of Drink with Dammit after I fired him because he came in drunk and didn't care to race at all.

@rallymorten
Kohaku Motegi (JPN) replaced Ciel Phantomile (FRA) when I released my team press release. Suppose that got lost on you, sorry.

Ooops.

I'll have that fixed for the next thing.

So you've gone solo @BKGlover?

Ooops.

I'll have that fixed for the next thing.

So you've gone solo @BKGlover?
Yeah, I keep hiring these guys who I know.....through means.....but they keep letting me down (read: They don't sound right for some damn reason.) I thought about recruiting one Haruka Tenou, but seeing as I'm driving solo in all the endure series thus far, what's another gonna hurt....don't answer that, I think I'm driving the crews up the wall. I've spotted three straight jackets floating around in the last two weeks.

Ha! You think your drivers are driving the pit crew up the wall?!

The two girls keep getting in arguments every time we're in the paddock!

We got something similar to this now. (the wall :P )

PA1285801.jpg

Ha! You think your drivers are driving the pit crew up the wall?!

The two girls keep getting in arguments every time we're in the paddock!

We got something similar to this now. (the wall :P )

PA1285801.jpg
Hahaha, I believe it. Kinda the reason I didn't tab Haruka, the last thing we need is a sea of gushing blood from the three fighting, and they would.

Also, I wish I had drivers. The crews have to deal with me alone 24/7. I can't stand myself after three hours, I can't imagine what these poor bastards are going through mentally.

Woo! It's finally here! Time for the absolute memery!

Also, what happened to the lap counter overlay? RIP 2015-2016

Dank Memer, Radio Le Top Kek 420.69FM Pit Reporter: "Down here with one of the drivers that were believed to be a factor coming into Zandvoort, however, her day did not go the way she wanted to go, Nibutani, tell us about your absolutely disappointing day that left you with a 15th place position."

SN: "Ugh! It was completely horrid! I can't believe I had to put up with the terrible setup the team slapped together on like a fortnight! The car felt like it was going to push in every corner, then I started to feel the rear go out. This was every single corner, I couldn't really keep up with the field at all..."

DM: "Due to BoP changes, you are forced to adapt to the heavier and less powerful B6. How do you feel about the next round?"

SN: "The change was pretty jarring, but it won't stop us! Coming to Bathurst next round, I feel that we'll have the upper hand on the rest of the field however! I'm sure Sanae and John up in the paddocks have something cooking for next time. During testing, we seemed to be more quick on the harsher and more uneven circuits, so the B6s will be just as powerful as they were in Monza! I just hope that other spa--I mean enthusiastic teammate won't try and kil--interrupt with our racing procedure--I mean she'll cooperate well with us next time! Yeah..."

DM: "Speaking about your teammate, Haruhi, we've seen that you haven't gotten along well in the past. Has the dynamic changed in the garages yet so that you can divide and conquer, or is there still a sort of tension in the STARtec camp?"

SN: "It's completely fine, I swear!...Just... uhhhh, I don't have a lot of time, I gotta go..."

DM: "Thank you for your time, madam."

Oops

My take: Holy Mother of cheese and rice that was a big crash my car caused. Is the aggressiveness turned up to 15 or something?

@Suzumiya

tumblr_n5uace7MCb1tw5kw4o1_500.gif

:P

Eurosport 2: "Your team had one of the quickest cars in testing and it seems to have really improved for the race. How would you assess Qualifying?"
Camyron Jackson: "It went really well for us, the car seems really suited to the track. We were keeping pace with that Viper and that time showed that we've got great pace"
Eurosport 2: "The race started well, but seemed to head a different direction. What happened?"
Camyron Jackson: "Yeah, the tires were really good on my stint. Even when we lost a place, we were still competitive. After the stop though, we had a terrible set of tires and we just couldn't get the pace back. A shame really given that Elena was really good in the car throughout the weekend and the result didn't really show it.
Eurosport 2: "Your teammate's car finished higher, though abit altered. Thoughts on that"
Camyron Jackson: "Yeah, the 79 seemed to have gone for a stripped down approach and it worked (Laughs). Their pace just proves that our team has good speed in these cars so we're starting off the season well. Now we just need to see what we car do about those tires and try to make them better

Last edited:
OK, now that I'm watching the video, two immediate points: 1- I like the new intro better; 2- My ears are now bleeding from the sudden Mort-blast.

I apologize now to the #93 team. Looks like we all got backed up and I couldn't avoid the contact. They lost their wing, we lost our hood but somehow it didn't affect us as much as the tires did. We had a strong car, but the tires seemed tempermental. Ehh early, good for the most part of the race, but back to a meh performance at the end. I tell you what though, after two seasons with maybe one notable performance in this series, to be in a tight multi-car battle for the lead is a welcome change. Hopefully we can keep this up, and maybe we can figure out what happened to Camyron's #32 and get him up with us next race.

Good racing, glad to be back at it. Congrats to the #13 team on the win, the #87 and the #3 on podiums. And I know this is gonna sound childish, but am I glad the B6's got nerfed a little.

Also @rallymorten, I know it isn't finished yet but I think your points table columns got mixed up.

Nameless Motorsports Scores a Shocking Win

The debut race of the GT3 World Series was a sure to be a good race, and it did not disappoint. With lots of lead changes and differing pit strategies, the race kept the viewers on their toes. If anyone here were to be the most nervous throughout, it would be the American team Nameless Motorsports.

After folding the unsuccessful Total Control team, founder Leonard Ross got a fresh start and created Nameless Motorsports. With a clean slate, the team could now try and reinvent themselves. Fortunate for them, they were able to do just that. After qualifying in 5th place, their goals seemed within reach.

Mr. Ross was the most surprised: "We honestly didn't expect to really do well. Total Control was average team than never finished higher than 8th place. We were hoping for just top ten finished for some points. After the 12 Hours of Monza, we realized what potential we had the the GT. We qualified yesterday 5th and thought 'Hey, that's good enough for us!', but then we kept moving up, and eventually lead some laps. Then we started to take it a bit more seriously."

The #13 Ford GT battled hard throughout until the car pitted and was handed over to Katayama, in which the pit strategy paid off and allowed him to exit and stay in 1st place. After the first turn, Katayama took off and never looked back, taking the first victory for Nameless Motorsports and for the season.

Stefan Bellof wasn't very surprised, apparently. "I knew we would do it. I only qualified 5th because I kept sneezing and missing shifts. Something on that track was blooming and making me suffer. When the race started I pressed the gas pedal and boom - first place."

We weren't able to get a comment from Katayama, as he doesn't speak English yet. Mr. Ross says that the only two English words he knows is "Go and Stop. He knows what to do."

Now that the growing team of Nameless Motorsports has claimed a victory, they will have to really try from here on out to follow up to that, and make it seem legitimate, rather than a fluke.

Mr. Ross sighed, then said "I guess we can't mess around anymore."

*I also updated my livery. This is my first race in a full B-Spec entry (my first was a test at Le Mans back in season 2) and it was my first win. I had to do something! If you guys want to do this also, I'll PM the medal template :D

2016-02-06_00001.jpg
2016-02-06_00002.jpg
2016-02-06_00003.jpg

Congrats to the fellow podium sitters! :cheers:

My ears are now bleeding from the sudden Mort-blast.

Yyyyeah, I'm not quite sure what happened to the audio, the setup is no different than what it's been for the past two seasons.

I am rendering a version with my voice turned down (almost to the point of turning it off completely)

The points table should also be fixed now.

Yyyyeah, I'm not quite sure what happened to the audio, the setup is no different than what it's been for the past two seasons.

I am rendering a version with my voice turned down (almost to the point of turning it off completely)

The points table should also be fixed now.
The commentary was good, it was just that initial blast that got me. It happens.

No hype gifs? Come on people, someone needs to do it... Ah what the heck, I'll do it;
Jon-Stewart-Oh-My-God.gif

Ok, now that we got that out of the way, great to see the series back in action after a long sabbatical. While I'm watching the video, I can certainly say that the combination of slo-mo footage, sped-up footage and the intro song work very well, you found the right balance eventually, morten.

The volume is certainly loud, but I wasn't caught by it because I have bionic ears because I had my PC volume low so Morten's sudden ear rape volume wouldn't wreck my poor ears. Like an audiophile boss, son. :P

Also, this A.I. is a bit on the barge-y side, isn't it? A lot of overtakes looked less like "skillfull passing" and more like "Plato passing" to me...

I don't know if that video was showcasing a GT3 race or a British Touring Car race with that much argey-bargey overtakes.

Anyways.
I barely went anywhere in that race. I would make some good moves then I would fall backwards again. Clearly the Aston's performance isn't up to scratch for a track like Zandvoort. Here's hoping we can do better in the next race.

Yeah, there was quite a bit of bumping about, but hey, we had lots of action, right? RIGHT??

I'll tell them to take a chill pill before next round.

Yeah, there was quite a bit of bumping about, but hey, we had lots of action, right? RIGHT??

I'll tell them to take a chill pill before next round.

Unless the AI is aware of what Netflix is, good luck with that "chill" part.

After the checkered flag flew at Circuit Park Zandvoort, there was much left to be desired in the Corvette Racing pit. Following a dismal qualifying session, the team was far back on the grid with their lone Corvette Z06.R.

Descoteau, who qualified be car, had this to say about their performance: "I was really lacking speed on the straights, and people blew right by me. Even off the corners I had no power to my disposal. I don't know what's up with this BoP, but I just hope it suits us better next time." Clearly, he was disappointed with this result, and aimed to improve in the race.

He started the car, and kept a consistent race until the first pitstop, where he handed the car over to co-driver Ansaldi. Ansaldi picked up where Descoteau left off, and kept the car just around the top 20 mark. But, with a few laps to go, he was involved in an incident with the #50 Corvette of Swift Autosport.

Of course, a few choice words were said over the radio, but mostly in Italian. Because of that, we don't know exactly what he said, and we don't have a translator available at the moment. But, he was very displeased about how the #50 slowed down through the high speed corner, where he got rear ended by the EH Team GT. After that, the Corvette parked right on the racing line on corner exit, leaving no room for our #63 to avoid it.

Descoteau said, "Somehow, we still managed to be the highest placing Corvette even after that crash, which shows why we are displeased with the current regulations. Oh well, there's always next race, I suppose." Corvette Racing looks on to Mount Panorama and will try to conquer the mountain (pending wildlife).

Back