[What's left of GTR2Series] Final video available!

• Thread starter rallymorten
  • 1,422 comments
If I'm honest, your voice is actual pretty decent this time around. Not too loud, not too low.

If I'm honest, your voice is actual pretty decent this time around. Not too loud, not too low.

Right, the old headset shall be ditched, in the hopes the new cable-mics won't be too different (whenever they arrive).

Alright, Nürburgring weekend it is. I'll run qualifying later today, and should have the results up at the latest by tomorrow morning, CEST. I'm currently targeting a race start around 9 PM CEST, with race end somewhere about 90 minutes/2 hours later. Unless I name any changes, consider that the official times. Like Monza, it'll be streamed on the GTR2S YouTube channel (here, to be exact. Info will be updated when we get closer to the start) and it should automatically save as a video once it's done.

Uhm, there may be a small Bonnie-related problem.

Turns out my PC has decided it doesn't like the better of the two video cards in it, which means it's now dependant on the worse, which means it runs like 🤬 and probably means it, for reasons of insurance, will probably need to be sent to repairs soon. I have tried to present my parents to the idea that it's probably just a loose connection or some other 5-minute-fix, but you know how insurance works..

TL;DR the PC has decided to turn its kidneys off.

As you may not have seen, the PC I use for these things is back now. I, however, personally feel like a pause that long may have broken this season beyond repair, to the point where I considered never even responding back in here and just hope people would forget this ever happened.

Obviously, I changed my mind and decided it was only fair for everyone to have their say in this. As you can see below, I've tagged everyone on the list of people taking part (if they work, that is) , and unless I within 48 hours can have at least 10 of you saying you'd like to see me continue this season, we'll retire it here and maybe do something else. I'd be lying if I said I don't have ideas for what could replace this. At least one of which may or may not be multi class, and one or more may or may not involve essentially building your own car.

@aarror
@AudiMan2011
@BKGlover
@catamount39
@Crashbroke23
@DurWinning
@Earth
@Formidable
@G_Parrilla
@GTRacer22
@GTracerEHTeam
@Harsk100
@HKS racer
@iName
@Michelin
@Niku Driver HC
@quietgirl
@RACECAR
@rallymorten
@RedDragon
@Smurfybug
@Suzumiya
@SVX
@swiftsmith
@tbwhhs
@Tired iron
@YayoiGT2

Last edited:
As you may not have seen, the PC I use for these things is back now. I, however, personally feel like a pause that long may have broken this season beyond repair, to the point where I considered never even responding back in here and just hope people would forget this ever happened.

Obviously, I changed my mind and decided it was only fair for everyone to have their say in this. As you can see below, I've tagged everyone on the list of people taking part (if they work, that is) , and unless I can have at least 10 of you saying you'd like to see me continue this season, we'll retire it here and maybe do something else. I'd be lying if I said I don't have ideas for what could replace this. At least one of which may or may not be multi class, and one or more may or may not involve essentially building your own car.
Good to see you back firstly, but second is that eventually I'd have called you out on what was going on here. I told you I was in when you started, and I'm willing to finish out a season and at least hear what you're planning...

However, it's only been...16 days? It feels like F1 takes a full month off at times. I don't believe you here. :sly:

Glad to hear you are back. Personally, I'd like to see this continue. I just hope for no more problems.

Before I can say "Yay" or "Nay", @rallymorten, first I need to know what your new ideas are. I think GT3WS is going by just fine, but if you've got a cool new set of ideas, I think it's better if we all know before you say GT3WS is kill.

First of all, welcome back, morten and his daring PC. It's good to see that you got the technical issues sorted properly, and now have a fully-functioning desktop computer that doesn't want to kill its own kidneys. Here's hoping that doesn't happen again, for a very long time...

As for ending this season now, one minor question;

Are you out of your mind?

Why would we end what's going on right now? We paid for these ship tickets, we may as well stick with the boat 'till it sinks. I say let it continue until the very end, the show must go on and all that jazz. Besides, if you do have this brand spanking new idea you want to try out, then give said idea a bit more time to be sorted out properly. The last thing needed is more glitching and PC kidney failure, right?

It would be best to finish what you started in this series before you go bouncing around any new ideas.

Yeah. While I'm interested in what ideas rallymorten has, I don't want them at the expense of yet another started then abruptly stopped series.

Well, that triggered far more of a response than I had anticipated :lol:

I guess it's confirmed then. Give me some time to figure out what else I'm missing and we'll have Nürburgring under way. As live stream. As planned.

Prep work will still be happening on future projects.

Just thought I'd bump in here and say I have just spent 30 GBP I got in tax return (having the biggest taxes in the world does have its advantages :cool:) either helping save the future of the GT3 cars or screwed them over because a bazillion more mods will also be plausible:

upload_2016-4-24_0-24-45.png

I'll admit, it doesn't look pretty right now, but if I can figure out how to make this export as .x (aka CarViewer file type) without crashing said CarViewer and with working textures, not only the GT3s, but everything GTR2 (and in fact pretty much every game we're currently having a B-Spec racing series on) has to offer, from gokarts over performance road cars right up to Le Mans Prototypes will be CarViewerable.

Like I said, though, it will take some time either trial-and-erroring or finding out what words will give me the right Google results in order to make that work, but you have to admit, if this can be figured out.. :D

Just thought I'd bump in here and say I have just spent 30 GBP I got in tax return (having the biggest taxes in the world does have its advantages :cool:) either helping save the future of the GT3 cars or screwed them over because a bazillion more mods will also be plausible:

View attachment 540151

I'll admit, it doesn't look pretty right now, but if I can figure out how to make this export as .x (aka CarViewer file type) without crashing said CarViewer and with working textures, not only the GT3s, but everything GTR2 (and in fact pretty much every game we're currently having a B-Spec racing series on) has to offer, from gokarts over performance road cars right up to Le Mans Prototypes will be CarViewerable.

Like I said, though, it will take some time either trial-and-erroring or finding out what words will give me the right Google results in order to make that work, but you have to admit, if this can be figured out.. :D
That is awesome! Once you figure it out, release them for GT3's, then do LMP's, because those are undoubtably the hardest templates for any mod. A car viewer thingy for those would be extremely popular, even outside of GTP.

Qualifying for Nürburgring will be held later today, results uploaded here soon after. As usual.

I'll be streaming a 30 minute warm up session Friday at 22:00 (or 10pm for backwards people who don't use the 24 hour clock) CEST, just to test if everything is actually set up correctly. If everything goes to plan, the race will follow on Saturday at the same time.

I'm also still working on how to create carviewer files. I do hope it can be done from the files available and the software I have to work with (I have downloaded more stuff for reasons of experiments). Whether or not that is successful (and, by extension, whether or not the GT3s return) remains to be seen, but I do have "something.. something interesting, I think" lined up for what may, for good or bad, be the final GTR2S season.

That all took a little longer than I had hoped for, so here's the screenshots of qualifying order:

GTR2 2016-04-28_20-55-35.jpg
GTR2 2016-04-28_20-55-40.jpg

As you can also see, qualifying was held in slight rain. I did also increase the length of both sessions to 30 minutes, simply because of the sheer size of the track at hand. Running only 15 minutes increased the risk of a car getting damaged on their outlap and deciding to pit, and then they'd have certainly lost the entire session.

Traffic also turned out to be a major issue as everyone decided they wanted to leave at the exact same time, so this in no way represents of what each car is actually capable of.

I should also have secondary liveries on the cars that'll actually run it.

Tag:

@aarror
@AudiMan2011
@BKGlover
@catamount39
@Crashbroke23
@DurWinning
@Earth
@Formidable
@G_Parrilla
@GTRacer22
@GTracerEHTeam
@Harsk100
@HKS racer
@iName
@Michelin
@Niku Driver HC
@quietgirl
@RACECAR
@rallymorten
@RedDragon
@Smurfybug
@Suzumiya
@SVX
@swiftsmith
@tbwhhs
@Tired iron
@YayoiGT2

#8 seems to be doing well for itself.

Which leaves only the conclusion that your drivers are, and I didn't think I'd ever say this, worse than mine.

Latest Posts

Back