[What's left of GTR2Series] Final video available!

• Thread starter rallymorten
  • 1,422 comments
Time for a proper poll, I guess.

Just so people know what they're voting for:

- The touring cars would essentially be your average touring car series. Two short races per event, potentially some sort of reverse grid for the second race. There'll be a rework of the templates compared to what was used at Spa, as equally balanced as possible (the mod pretty much takes care of that), and all cars come with CarViewer files. 14 different car models available, including Alfa Romeo 156, BMW 320si and Volvo S60.

- The GT(1)s would be the same as the GT3s. Except they're less heavy on the system. And they all come with CarViewer. About 10 different cars available, including Corvette C5-R, Ferrari 575 GTC and Porsche 993 GT2.

I've also checked back on the GT3s from Spa. #2 takes the title by about 10 seconds from #79 and #8 when the stream died about 20 minutes after I went off.

Please do GT1, I'm going to be getting a touring car thing going for the late fall, possibly even on RF2 depending on how things look. I've had a look at the talent parameters and they're far more useful and meaningful than RF1.

GT1 has also had more votes so far, so I guess, in the interest of series not becoming too similar, I shall continue where I once left off with the GT1s.

With that in mind, I think I'll leave this thread to its fate.

Hell mort, as long as you don't lose your mind in a bad way, I'll tag along. Do what you'll enjoy more, 'cause if you enjoy it, we'll be able to tell and then we'll enjoy it even more.

Did that make sense? I had a sudden flash of "Maybe?"

Also, 10 seconds! Ahhhahaha, dammit! At least it was a great effort out of all involved. :cheers:

Actually I might as well start just using this for all B-Spec activities of mine, less clogging up of the forum section. So OP rework and archiving of the current inbound at some point.

I should be able to have the basics covered within about a week. I pretty much already have the templates (not much work ever needed doing there), I have CarViewer stuff for them all and spec changes will be kept at an absolute minimum. No need to confuse anyone more than necessary.

The car list I'm looking at is.. well, if you have the game, you're looking at every single GT car. For those who don't, this is it.

Chevrolet Corvette C5-R
Dodge Viper GTS-R
Ferrari 550 Maranello
Ferrari 575 GTC
Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT
Lister Storm V12
Maserati MC12
Porsche 993 GT2
Saleen S7R

Looking at that list, that's pretty much every manufacturer involved with GT/GT1 racing in the early/mid 00s accounted for. With one notable exception, which is part of a mod I have and I'm contemplating on using it. Plus points is it apparently comes with templates and CarViewer, so that excuse is invalid.

Work on OP has been finished. Hope you like the idea behind it, 'cause it ain't changin'

Whatever final work needs to be done on templates should be done by the end of this coming week. Actual information on other stuff as well as signup etc. should be out around the same time.

So hopefully there won't be a half year gap between now and the start.

As for myself, I'll probably fetch myself something Italian again. That Speed California Lambo I did some time ago for a Grid mod that ceased development could be an interesting prospect.

I'm going to sit out of the new GT1 season. GT3 was good for a laugh, but something about NR2003 B-Spec makes me want to focus on that.

Have fun.

Wow. Them's some heavy hitters of the GT1 cars. I sure want to see how this series plays itself out. If I was doing this, I'd probably go with either a Lamborghini Murciélago or the Saleen S7. And of those two, maybe the S7.

I'm going to sit out of the new GT1 season. GT3 was good for a laugh, but something about NR2003 B-Spec makes me want to focus on that.

Have fun.

I guess I can understand. Heck, I've done some cutting down myself, so I should.

Feel free to drop in again if you feel like it.

Wow. Them's some heavy hitters of the GT1 cars. I sure want to see how this series plays itself out. If I was doing this, I'd probably go with either a Lamborghini Murciélago or the Saleen S7. And of those two, maybe the S7.

You shall be welcome. I hear you're sort of getting into this whole painting cars and putting them in the game, so this could be a sort of practise.

In case it tips some scales, this is the one I hope can fit in with the GTR2 cars:

upload_2016-7-9_23-41-43.png

Can't wait, to be honest this is what S3 should have been from the start. I've never been a huge fan of GT3 race cars and the 00s GT1s were the coolest cars ever.

this is what S3 should have been from the start.

Hey, don't put more than half the blame on me! I was preparing this, teased some more S2-esque cars, was thinking of the touring cars etc. when someone was like "can we have GT3s" and suddenly that was a crowd favorite.

The best part about switching to the GT1s is that I have a livery already done well beforehand, I just need the race number plates and that's it.

Well, I've never made skins for cars for games much. Prior to recently, I basically just re-painted one car with the old PC game "Sports Car GT" and made it a standalone. This is indeed more like practice to take mods and templates (if offered) and try to design my own skins. Some are fairly simple for me; some others (like any of the default GTR2 cars) are a bit more challenging. I have mastered somewhat how to make a livery for a car from the skin to setting up CAR and GTR files. So yeah, this would be practice to me. I've been sharing my material on Facebook and Twitter recently.

Despite this, I'm not considering joining this series. I do remember how cool and unique it was racing a Lamborghini when I played the first GTR. It was different since Lamborghini doesn't have so much in terms of motorsports history. So that's why I mentioned Lamborghini in my previous post. The Saleen S7 has been formidable in GT racing, and I've always liked the S7 as well as the 2000-decade Ford GT. Heck, give me the Matech Ford GT any day of the week.

With this series, you have some options and some fairly capable machines. I never had a problem with GT3 despite its popularity. Only knock (if any) is still how much I think the Bentley Continental GT3 seems out of place compared to most of the other cars. Good luck to you with this GT1 series.

Because I'm doing an all-nighter to reset my sleep schedule, I decided to get some work done.

And then that turned into finishing templates and CarViewer stuff. So if someone wants to do some early work on those, you can do it.

I will just advice that my mind hasn't quite wandered off yet, so the numberplate is a placeholder right now because I haven't come up with a more interesting design, for that or for a series logo. Sign up and standings page also still needs finishing.

I should probably also get around to doing a proper tagging round.

Last edited:
Personally, I've sacked the idea of running a Lambo. Too many JLOC jokes for whenever my AI eventually finds out it's my AI and does my-AI-things.

So I've swapped a Grid Lambo with a Ferrari.

GTR2 2016-07-11_15-44-35.jpg
GTR2 2016-07-11_15-44-48.jpg

Entry list/championship standings should hopefully be out by tomorrow.

I'm still on the fence about this... nothing wrong against the GT1s, they were top dogs in the GT racing world for many decades, but I was expecting the Touring Cars to be in their shoes (is it too obvious that I really like Touring Car racing, especially when it's decently balanced?). Well, maybe I just don't know how alluring GT1 cars can be...

Also, you should have totally run a Lambo, @rallymorten, the JLOC jokes ARE the best part about that... why deny us of such a valuable resource? :sly:

Late edit: How does that Lister Storm template work, again?

Back