[B-Spec] FBS Season 3 - Japanese Grand Prix September 4th

• Thread starter Earth
  • 369 comments
I like the fact that there's a degree of peeking in on other people you can do to see who they have on their team...
I did something similar with GRL for integrity reasons. With so much stuff going on at once, having everything but strategies and setups openly accessible by everyone means that everyone is playing fair. You know exactly what they have, and they can't bluff you.

Alright, I'll be the one to say it. You couldn't have picked a car with a more convoluted template, could you @Earth ?

Edit: Also, can you link what mod you used? That way those of us with rFactor can check our progress ingame.

Its the Ferrari F2008 from the WCP FSONE 2008 mod for rFactor

http://www.wcp-series.com/fsone-2008/

I made a template guide to try and help identify some of the parts
<link>

I said the left side of the car's template is flipped, thats misleading, the left side logos are mirrored. You dont have to flip the actual template, just whatever sponsors you have on it. The template has just one side so you'll want to paint the right side of the car normally but mirror the logos on the same template for the left side.

Im probably explaining it wrong, so this is how it looks like from the ingame Ferrari

Left Side
<link>

Right Side
<link>

I won my war against the template. I just couldn't find proper tire textures, so I went with a placeholder.

Attachments

• 08.187.jpg
    08.187.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 08.189.jpg
    08.189.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 08.186.jpg
    08.186.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 08.188.jpg
    08.188.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 36
Im still trying to balance everything and get out the wrinkles, so I've come up with this new system for car upgrades.

Every time the cumulative stat of your team reaches a certain threshold your car automatically gets awarded one of the following upgrades

[CHS]
400 = -2.5kgs
600 = -2.5kgs
800 = -2.5kgs
1000 = -2.5kgs

[ENG]
400 = +7 horsepower
600 = +7 horsepower
800 = +7 horsepower
1000 = +7 horsepower

[PIT] (default pit speed is 5.5 seconds)
400 = 1 second faster pit stops
500 = 1 second faster pit stops
600 = 1 second faster pit stops

Also I think its important I give you guys a heads up on whats next, considering funds and everything is persistent from now on.

The next event after FBS3 will be a single endurance race.

It will have two classes of the same type of cars. Each team can field up to two cars and each car requires two drivers. If your wondering how two drivers works what I'll do is average out the stats of both drivers. So if one driver has 90 speed and the other has 80 speed, I'll create a driver profile with 85 speed, same with aggression.

One class will be PRO and will have no limits on driver skill. The other class will be AM and will be limited to one Bronze rated driver and one Gentleman driver.

The driver list has been completely revamped. If you'd like to make a driver change thats fine.

Also, 2.5m credits now increases your staff capacity by 10 instead of 5

@aarror
@AJHG1000
@Angel
@BKGlover
@DcrRaikkonen
@Formidable
@GTRacer22
@GTracerEHTeam
@Gerarghini
@Harsk100
@Jahgee
@optiongamers
@Pezzarinho17
@RACECAR
@Rebellion765
@Sakura
@swiftsmith
@Suzumiya
@tbwhhs
@YayoiGT2
So if those of us who bought the staff increase already, do we get the extra capacity already or no?

Would you like to see the season start a week early? Vote in this form. 70% must say yes in order for vote to pass.

- Vote Here -

Three more things of note

1. The number of available engineers will stay at 75. No more or less. If 3 get hired then they will be replaced by 3 new ones.
  2. Increasing your staff by 10 costs 2.5m credits the first time, every time after that it only costs 1.5m credits.
  3. You can hire multiple drivers after round 5 of the FBS season. The only restriction is you can hire just two gentleman drivers, but as many as you want from the other classes. The total limit is 8

@aarror
@AJHG1000
@Angel
@BKGlover
@DcrRaikkonen
@Formidable
@GTRacer22
@GTracerEHTeam
@Gerarghini
@Harsk100
@Jahgee
@optiongamers
@Pezzarinho17
@RACECAR
@Rebellion765
@Sakura
@swiftsmith
@Suzumiya
@tbwhhs
@YayoiGT2

Last edited:
IMPORTANT - For those who are having issues when testing liveries in-game, I fixed the specular textures found in the .MAS file, because it was showing logos, outlines and shading of the original F2008 livery.
Just extract this ZIP in your rFactor root folder (make a backup of the file first!) and you should be okay.
Thanks for @Pezzarinho17 for pointing it out (and for the screenies)!

BEFORE:

.eJwFwcENwyAMAMBd-BfXGALJHh0AASJUJCDsvqru3ruv-qyuDnWKTD4AcuM0VtYsY8VadB2j9hJnY53GBVEkpvMqtzDgZsiRMYj-aXdnQwAM1lMg77yzuycMG7xuadJLfqB-z6p-f24OI34.WFhJJFDBa_LprqgnGIK5YMFfv70.jpg

AFTER:

.eJwFwVESwxAQANC7-K-1LJHcowcwGNGRMGy-Or173_uKZzZxiJN5rAMg1RX7THJxn6FkWXovLYdRl4z9gsAc4nnlmxeg08YarRE3Rbsl7wE9bdZZVGSccQp3gvfNlVtOL5SfUcTvD2vbI2c.xBJRJRXMLFAmbrWtsJ2_Ccjqk1Q.jpg

Attachments

• F2008_NEWMAS.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 9
Back