B spec score of 7000 = gold

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 4' started by Brangeta, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Brangeta

Brangeta

Those of you who are lazy like me and like using B spec mode may be happy to learn this apparent fact. You know how your B spec driver always rear-ends the car in front of it before passing it? Well I noticed that once I hit 7000 B spec points, my driver no longer rear-ends the car in front of it when it wants to pass. It simply goes right around the car. My B spec driver still isn't as good as me when it comes to driving cars without a horsepower/torque advantage over the competition, but it is much better at handling faster cars like the Minolta and cars with brakes that just won't function that well (basically any car I haven't given sports brakes and a brake balance of 6/6). Still, all the same, it is nice to see it actually learn how to pass the competition.

Hopefully this hasn't been mentioned... and if it has... "excuse me for having a life; and by life, I mean playing GT4 instead of reading every topic on this message board." :crazy:

2. Uncle Eddie

Uncle Eddie

good to know...
    I'm sitting at about 6800 right now....so that's good news.

I've been B-spec'ing all of the lame races......(lightweight cups, etc.)...I want to race with the big boys!

3. f1king

f1king

Well Mine is at 6300 or so a little more, but he stopped hitting cars at about 5000.
    But I will pay close attention to see if he improves even more when he hits 7000, thanks for the info.

4. }{yBr!D^

}{yBr!D^

I think if you play in B-Spec in a regular bases the AI will learn how to not commit errors... if you are on and off of B-Spec it wont learn as fast... I've been B-Spec-in the long ass races... I'm doing right now one of the 24H endurance races with the BMW Motorsport Mclaren F1 so yea.. it handels great on turns at pace 3 (overtake) I usually step it up to 4 so it can be more aggressive then when it looses control I go back to 3 and let it do the lap again then put it back to 4 so it can remember :)

5. G.T

G.T Premium

Mines only at around 2000 and the driver brakes to stop hitting the car, but still hits him. At the very beginning he just went straight into the car without doing anything.

6. }{yBr!D^

}{yBr!D^

I think I'm around 5000+ we'll see.. I'm in hr 11 in that 24hr thing UGH!

7. FCDrifter

FCDrifter

im almost done with the 24hr nurenburgring im on hour 21 and my b-spec driver is just set on cruise and is dusting everybody the first few laps were a bit hard but once he got out front he was gone.

has anybody beaten the nurenburg 24hr...what car do you get?

8. TS1AWD

TS1AWD

Well said. Im getting tired of the Dictatorship mentality of how this forum governed.

9. }{yBr!D^

}{yBr!D^

I'm doing that one right now, haven't finished... I'm in hr 11 as we speak (B-Spec) I have a rather good lead with the BMW Motorsport Mclaren F1 lol... I have it set at Steady and overtake handels very well for this match.

10. dreesemonkey

dreesemonkey

You get the f1 car for the 24hr 'ring :)

11. TS1AWD

TS1AWD

I used my Mercedes AMG CLK Race car and won by 11 laps over second place by just running on pace 2 (steady I think) and on super hard tires. You win the Gran Turismo Formula 1 car on NA versions, not sure on any other versions.

12. Majarvis

Majarvis (Banned)

It's Nürburgring, not "nurenburgring." Nürburgring is the infamous race track in the town of Nürburg.

13. da viper

da viper

I dont know if anyone knew this already but if you think the race is a bit boring and you want to get through it a bit quicker than all you have to do is: go to the race menu in the middle of a b-spec race and hold L1 and press LEFT 3 times and it will fast-forward the race.

14. Ax Battler

Ax Battler

Doesn't it come down to the other numbers as well, battling and skill rather than just the total figure? Surely leaving my B drivers lapping an empty track to get to 7000 won't be the same as him doing it through many races?

15. Buggy Boy

Buggy Boy

:)

16. linoleum

linoleum

I'm at 6800-ish and noticed my b-spec driver will ram into cars from behind, so yes, thats some great news about the 7K mark.

17. Duke

Duke Staff Emeritus

You try dealing with 50,000 members - 10,000 of them new in the last 2 months or so - and see what you feel about it then.

The Search button works great if you put a little mental effort into using it.

18. TS1AWD

TS1AWD

I understand there are alot of useless posters, and you can look in my history, I rarely ever start a new post due to finding all the information I need by searching. I just don't like the way some people are targeted and put down by making a mistake. Alot of people on here are just flat out rude and have no respect for what some people say.
    Sorry for getting off topic of this thread.

19. Scratch

Scratch

i got around 3700 pts with the B spec driver... and yes, he does rear end the card in front :D sometimes its anoying to watch tho, cuz i usually put the pedal to the metal at the start line and get to first place before the first corner, and the b spec dude drives behind all the cars and takes him like half the lap to pass the cars.

20. kekke2000

kekke2000 Premium

i admire what you do mostly... but i can honestly say i don't like this... i'd rather have a forum with 90% pure bullcrap than a complicated god kind of thing...

most times i have a quick question that i want to ask and i'm a little stressed (want to get back to GT4 or life).

doesn't it take more time to put "OK" stamps on ALL threads than to clean up in the forum ones in a while?

21. 194GVan

194GVan Premium

Its not a complicated god kind of thing. Its common sense.

Its like asking a question or posting information that has already been shared A MONTH ago. Im not saying this thread is guilty of that, but the Mods are trying to make this forum clean and organized, and people that dont give a s*** about following the forum guidelines just make it a mess for everyone.

Sure, maybe you dont mind dealing with a "90% pure crap" messageboard but I dont think anyone would mind if it was very organized. I dont know your posting habits but I know you cant argue that.

the Search function works VERY fast if youve ever tried it, and works even better if you try various keywords for your topic. But are you going to want to sift through 30 different search results on topics of your choice for an answer or maybe 1 or 2?

22. Corps

Corps

so you would rather have 20 posts on the first page with an average of 150 posts each, where you have to search and read every single useless post within that thread to find what you're looking for. I agree though, it is a common problem among all message boards where useless posts are pretty much a given. I applaud GT Planet for thinking outside of the box and trying something different, but it gets to point where you need to step back and realize that this doesn't work either. It has it's advantages, but I doubt many people will go through 650 posts (ex. "Answer to all your GT Questions") to find what they're looking for. If you do a search and what you want is in that thread. Would you really go through each of those posts to find what you're looking for?

23. Duke

Duke Staff Emeritus

Well, as GVan above mentioned, it really is less trouble doing it this way for this board. Before we implemented this system, several of us were spending all of our GTPlanet time trying to look through all the GT4 forum and combine, move, or close threads. After the Asian release it hit epic proportions.

Now, we log in, cruise through the thread queue, and delete the umpteen duplicate "What car should I use for GT World Championship" or "Wherez da race mods" threads before they're even posted (which is one click instead of several). For threads that may be repeats but are very well thought out we may approve them and then combine them to existing threads, or lock them and point to a similar existing thread.

If you set your search preferences to display your results as posts rather than threads, it will zero in on the specific post rather than leaving you to wade through on your own.

Typically, for best search results, I search for a few keywords in thread titles only, restrict the search to this forum and daughter forums only, and view results as posts.

Anyway, I am glad to explain further, but if anybody wishes to discuss it, let's take it to the Questions & Comments board. Thanks.

24. Wombat

Wombat

You get the f1 car very nice car, but you can't change the oil or the tires.

25. zoxxy

zoxxy (Banned)

I've used B-spec mode once. And that wasn'st even in a race. :D All manual here!

26. Cosmic

Cosmic (Banned)

B-spec was made for weak a-spec people.
    I haven't use it yet, I can't just trust the AI :dunce:

27. limestoner

limestoner

b-spec was made so i can get through 24 hour races and spend time with my girlfriend..sorry, 160+ laps of nurburgring might be fun for you, but i'd rather be doing other things.

28. Brangeta

Brangeta

If someone on this website/MB who super-nerds it (yes... I used "super-nerds" as a verb) constantly would compile an FAQ or even just an info page (or topic), not many new threads would have to be made. For example, searching for "B spec 7000" is ridiculous. If there were a page that said what happened at level 7000, then I wouldn't need to make this topic (although this 7000 thing seems like new news to most of you).

Some common questions I'd like answered would be:
    -What do the A spec points do?
    -Can the Las Vegas drag strip ever be ran in 2 player mode?
    -Why is that awesome race through the narrow streets of Italy NOT available in arcade mode? Is it available later on? I'm in year 4 on sim mode and I still don't have that race in arcade mode.
    -Does arcade mode change at all as you progress through the game? (One thing I am noticing is that all of the real racing cars I win in simulation mode are now available in arcade mode. It also seems like you have to buy the used cars for them to appear in arcade mode (ex: '96 Corvette Grand Sport and '97 Camaro Z28))
    -Can you ever put 2 cars into photo mode?
    -Can you ever save 2 player mode or just plain arcade mode replays? I want to save the replay, do the photomode thing and have pics of my car next to my friend's car.
    -Is there a way to close/open the convertible top of cars in photomode?
    -Is there a way to watch a 2 player mode replay without the stupid split screen?

29. dbartucci

dbartucci

Com'on guys, total B-spec points are only half the story. Quote your skill points too. I'd wager that someone who has 70 in battle skill and 4500 overall will pass better than someone with 45 in battle skill and 7000 overall.

30. Speedy Samurai

Speedy Samurai Premium

All your questions can be answered by using the search function supplied by this forum. Have a nice day.