Back to the old....

• Thread starter misnblu
  • 12 comments

misnblu

Original member
Staff Emeritus
Misnblu
Misnblu
Ok, Ive been playing the gt3 games for awhile and have pretty much mastered the manual gearbox for all the cars I own.
Ive just started to play and continue with the gt2 game again and have found that I am so much better than I was at my best in the game.
Has this happened to anyone else?
Who has gone from auto to manual and improved their times, no matter if it gt3 or gt2.
I find it interesting to go back and replay some of the tracks I cant play on the gt3 game and do quite well in the races. :D
One last thing Ive noticed too is how the tracks and lines in both the gt2 and gt3 are quite similar. I find myself taking the same lines for both game versions. Anyone else witness this??
Im just curious.
Misnblu

I never used manual, auto for me

You might be able to get that little bit extra out of it, but Ii find it harder looking in front of you, then down at the rev metre, then at your speed, then in your rear vision mirror, etc

Originally posted by vat_man
Should be using your ears to determine revs, not your tacho!
Your right, you depend on listening to your revs, for downshifting and upshifting. You get used to it and becomes second nature.
Misnblu

i only look and my tach when i'm starting off the line, accelerating, and a few times in some turns.

It's fun with manual.

Ive found that when playing in manual it is too much of a hassle to be worrying about what gear your in and making sure your gears are set up right. I like auto becasue all you have to do is hit the gas and point it in the right direction

Yeah, thats what I thought too, until I discovered the differences in the attitude of the car with the manual.
Lines are improved and powering out of the corners, you can get more control when you keep the rpm's at a certain level.
Downshifting can actually bring a car aroung that would otherwise push out of the corner. Thats something you cant do with an auto. ;)
Misnblu

Originally posted by Rumple Foreskin
Ive found that when playing in manual it is too much of a hassle to be worrying about what gear your in and making sure your gears are set up right. I like auto becasue all you have to do is hit the gas and point it in the right direction
Agreed :D

You'll get the hang of a manual tranny in a few races. Try it with the underpowered cars at first, and you'll be ready for the big time before long.

You don't really have to watch the rev counter, just listen closely (which may mean turning down your music and/or turning up your TV set). It's not so easy if you race with the mute button on.

I never use an automatic, they suck. Manual trannys are much much quicker. You're probably taking the same lines because they are the same tracks, and the lines don't move.

Latest Posts

Back