Background music

I'm too lazy to look it up, but I'm assuming you're talking about the menu music, right? and not the music that plays while you race. It's been so long since I heard GT1's tunes that I forget what they sound like. The only one I remember is that little guitar riff that plays everytime you buy a part (NTSC version). I love it! It's so redneck-trashy.

Last edited:
Parnelli Bone
I'm too lazy to look it up, but i'm assuming you're talking about the menu music, right? and not the music that plays while you race. It's been so long since i heard GT1's tunes that i forget what they sound like. The only one i remember is that little guitar riff that plays everytime you buy a part (NTSC version). I love it! It's so redneck-trashy.

Yeah, much better than the later versions.

probably someone at Polyphony did it on a little keyboard (menu's and suchlike)

the rest of the music is feeder, ash, some manic street remix and 3 dance songs by some random person. feeder and ash are a suprise really, since they were both really small back when GT1 was released

chinko
probably someone at Polyphony did it on a little keyboard (menu's and suchlike)

the rest of the music is feeder, ash, some manic street remix and 3 dance songs by some random person. feeder and ash are a suprise really, since they were both really small back when GT1 was released

Yeah in this country and the US, but I think they were big in Japan at the time.

garbage as in crap, or as in the band?

TMM
Yeah in this country and the US, but I think they were big in Japan at the time.

hmmm....feeder are welsh, ash are irish. ash's first hit was 97/98ish in the UK with girl from mars, it took feeder to write 'High' until they were big in the UK. feeder didnt touch japan until late 1998 or 1999 i think. i'll have to see. same with ash

chinko
hmmm....feeder are welsh, ash are irish. ash's first hit was 97/98ish in the UK with girl from mars, it took feeder to write 'High' until they were big in the UK. feeder didnt touch japan until late 1998 or 1999 i think. i'll have to see. same with ash

I could very well be wrong, but I thought at least 1 of the bands mentioned above was big in Japan before they became big in the UK or Europe. If you are right then PD must have been well ahead of the times to include them in the game.

im gonna run a bit of a background check on ash and garbage. im pretty damn sure that manic street preachers were big around then, and im a huge feeder fan so i know their only connection with japan back in 97 was their bassist.(just checked on it and it was around 1998 when polythene was released that they got big at all). ash and Garbage im not too sure about, since garbage have been around since 1995

Gotta just say I got GT3 finally and I'm not a real fan of Lenny Kravitz but I like the remixed version of that song in the GT3 intro. So I still think the GT1 intro has the best music. It's the most effective..gets you pumped up or something. I like GT1 best, then GT3, then GT2 (Cardigans) is the lowest for me. That song doesn't really fit the mood of Gran Turismo (Losing my Favorite Game).

Last edited:
Back