Battlefield 2142 Topic. (Full Version Released)

United States
Texas, USA.
UPDATE: August 25, 2006. (Subscriber Beta released.)

The Subscriber Beta has opened even more slots finally, I am currently downloading the beta but needing to hit the sack early tonight, probably won't be any BF 2142 for tonight so no other major updates.

Well I've decided to make a worthy topic for once, and it's about this good ol' series continuing with the newest edition of the Battlefield series, dubbed Battlefield 2142. Set in the future, of course, you duke it out with all new types of weapons/gameplay/gamemodes, and now co-operative should make a meaning, cause I don't think you'll be taking down a Titan on your own.

Anyways, to those who are subscribers to fileplanet/IGN/Gamespy you get exclusive access to certain Beta Tests, and Battlefield 2142 will be one of them, for more information check these links out and discuss!

Fileplanet Beta Website

Previews, Images, and Videos. (IGN)

I highly suggest you get your subscribe on and get access to the goods! And if you're lucky enough maybe you can send me a PM when the beta is released and I could help you out a bit..I also noticed another Battlefield 2142 thread, but it looked like it went bad, hopefully this one can stay on topic and the kiddies won't ruin it.

There's a deal on EBGames.com that if you preorder from their site you get a whole bunch of goodies including an "in-game rank up."

Beta's should be free Gabkicks.

Nope, EAGames is charging to test the beta. It really is a smart move to make some money. Theres already hundreds apon hundreds of people that have pruchesed for the beta. I for one not going to do it, I have no money. But unlease your willing to hand over some money, your going to pay. How much is it? That I don't know.

I don't think it will be but I could be wrong...It's running the BF2 engine so it'll still have the same laggy netcode and (now) previous gen graphics- I can only imagine the poor review scores it would get on PS3 / Xbox 360.

Anyway, would the FilePlanet Annual subscribe option allow me to get the beta?

Anyway, would the FilePlanet Annual subscribe option allow me to get the beta?

Nope, EAGames is charging to test the beta. It really is a smart move to make some money. Theres already hundreds apon hundreds of people that have pruchesed for the beta. I for one not going to do it, I have no money. But unlease your willing to hand over some money, your going to pay. How much is it? That I don't know.

Look at my post!

Then yeah, probably.

I'll be skipping this unless it gets good reviews. BF2 itself just lags like hell, and isn't as fun as CS:S for me. I can't even find or connect to any zombie servers anymore.

Sorry for the delay TVR, yes it would. I didn't myself pay for this Founders Club account, I had acquired through trade of some other online games for use of the Founders Club services :)

The rate that the account is being paid for is bi-annual, and it bills you $99.95 every 2 years. You get access to not only exclusive betas, but downloads of high-definition previews/reviews/trailers. I know it's not that special but I like looking at those. Heck, I was playing the Microsoft Flight Simulator X Demo days before the Demo was released publicly :D

I need some system requirements for this game. I can just about run BF2. I hope I can run this.

*edit*
It looks like I should again just about be able to run this. Fingers crossed!

Argh, seems Totalbf2142 were wrong. Here's what they're saying now:

Update: Though the demo isn't too far off, the exact date of October 4th is incorrect. We do not know when for sure the demo will be out, but due to the release date of the full game, one can only assume it will release rather soon. We'll keep you posted.

:grumpy:

El Gigante have you seen the pre-order offer GamePlay are offering, anyway I was not looking to buy BF2142, but now I am going to take the plunge and pre-order BF2142, which I did early on.

Yeah I pre-ordered mine off Play.com yesterday. I was a bit apprehensive about 2142 before as well but now I've seen some videos of the gameplay I just know I'm gonna love it.

I don't see the point in a free rank up offer from some of the pre-orders, but the US people are getting a really sweet offer from EB Games.

I got the free rank up by signing up for that veteran thing. It's free and easy, you should do it too if you haven't already.
I signed up to it a couple days ago, but I did not know it ranked you up, anyway thanks for letting me know about it ranking up.

I got a free beta key at i28 at the end of August, and all I can say is meh. :indiff: It's basically BF2 with different weapons and vehicles. I haven't played it since that weekend, but if you loved BF2 you'll probably love 2142.

anyone found a link to the demo? all iv'e found is a torrent. and its another hour before gamespot has the demo up...

Back