Battles at Trial Mountain

A while back I entered an arcade race with a supremely underpowered Eunos Roadster and see what I could do with it. The difficulty was on hard, and the starting grid was

1. BMW 328i
2. Alfa 156
3. ST202 Celica
4. Altezza
5. MX5 Miata
6. ME Eunos Roaster(miata)

I came out the start behind everyone else, as to be expected. The other Miata fell behind, possibly never to catch up. I knew this was going to be hard, all the fast C class cars were in this race. I pushed hard into the tunnel and inched up to the Celica's rear, which by now was passed by the 'Tezza. The 90 degree right was next. Using the Miata's light weight as my weapon, I charged into the corner at an astonishing speed and flew past the Celica, which understeered to the outside, courtesy of it's FF layout. The next two bends were easy, I floored it thourgh both and began my chase of the 'Tezza. The long straightaway after the tunnel took it's toll, as my 128hp was nothing compared to the 200hp the top three cars had. But I hadn't lost hope. This was lap one, and I had plenty of fight. My Miata's lightweight as my foothold once again, I waited to the last millisecond to slam on the brakes. I squeezed past the 'Tezza with barely a hairswidth between us. Now the uphill part after the back straight was a problem. The Altezza rode my rear all the way to the front straight. But by the Tunnel I had passed the Alfa, which understeered itself to death. The next two laps was a furious struggle to inch up to the Bimmer, in 1st place. The left after the back straight was my only chance to pass him on Lap 5 of 5. But to my horror, he took the inside! So I did the only thing I could do. I slammed on the brakes and went side by side, me on the outside. I slammed on the gas and hoped that my miniscule 4 banger would have some sort of acceleration. To my luck, the Bimmer had been too harsh on the accelerator upon exit. His tail broke loose and he fell behind. I finished the race, 1/2 a second ahead.

I'm having a battle between me n my bro, write it when I'm done. :)

Back