beat game w/o ever buying cars?

• Thread starter sicbeing
  • 9 comments
Cribanox
When i get home im going to start a new file and try to get as far as possible without ever buying a car, not even the very first car you own neither.

has anyone else tried this?

Please, this is a well covered topic in forum. It has been stated that there are a few cars you'll need to purchase in order complete 100%.

[edit]ok, apparently I brain farted and didn't realize this was in the GT3 section. If you'd like to attempt this in GT3, you'll need to buy a Mercedes and a TVR Tuscan. Those are the only two cars you can't win.

The other tough one, is the Clio that you can only win in the Super Speedway Enduro.

A quick search for "RoadHazzard" will give you a long thread documenting his entire run through the game. Also, you can check out my website www.deralta.net to see my compendium that documents the game in it's entirety, from start to finish.

Good luck,

AO

Der Alta
Also, you can check out my website www.deralta.net to see my compendium that documents the game in it's entirety, from start to finish.

Good luck,

AO

Just so you know DA, your link to your compendium is spelt incorrectly so it doesn't work. But anyone can easily find it from your main site so I suppose it isn't a problem.

Working link if anyone cares...
compendium

Gracias, mi amigo.

Of course my typo would be in the link, and not the "clickable" :rolleyes:

I'm in the midst of writing the GT4 compendium as well.

AO

well i origionally posted this thinking that the arcade normal and hard-won cars you could use in SIM mode, but then i read that u cant and it put a huge damper on my write up and decided not to run with it myself, cuz i cant gold A+ licenses

No, but if you do all the Time Trials in arcade mode, you get a Panoz I think.

DQuaN
No, but if you do all the Time Trials in arcade mode, you get a Panoz I think.
Correct. Taking first in all the Time Trials in Arcade mode, deposits a Panoz Esperante in your Garage. Making your run through beginner last a total of about 9 hours.

AO

yea, but i figure if i cant silver everything or gold everything i coult 1st in all the TTs, i have done 1st in 3 or so of them but not all of them.

And besides how far would that car get you?

big problem would be again trying to gold the tests for cars, i can gold all of b, but from there im still practicing

If you gold the B license, you get the good Miata that you can't buy with your 17k starting credit limit. So, you can take that, put 10k into it for tires, and win the miata enduro, planting 100k in your bank, totaling 107k. From there, buy the first of your 2 cars, the tuscan. Win the tuscan cup, the PD cup (which is cake in the tuscan on slicks), and you're set with wads of cash and some hardcore cars.

Back