Beat the dirty Avante race with the C12s !

• Thread starter jcole
  • 5 comments
After trying and trying to win a Zonda Race car, I decided I couldn't win one.

I ended up with the Jag xj220 road car. What an ugly beast !

I finished mistral 78 laps with a fully done out 787B, this proved to be way overkill, with my best lap being 1'31" on the hardest race tires.

I feel i'm probably a 5/10 for skill.

Next I went back to the Avante race, said "****it" I detuned my Zonda down to 6xx horsepower, Full engine upgrades but no N/A Tuning, did an oil change and ran the race. By the 6th lap I figured I was too far behind.

Turned up the power to the full 1135hp and let her rip. Kept losing ground until the last lap I was 15 seconds behind, when all the race cars pitted, handing me the win. I won by 3 seconds or so. Wow a race which was actually HARD !

Next was the Rome circuit in reverse. Kept the same tires, ran the race, The computer cars didn't pit ! hot damn I was 6 seconds off pole position (I'm learning the car now) and came in 5th overall.

Tried the race again, qualified first on stickies, Swapped to the second to hardest tires,

Crashed in the first corner because of all the racecars ramming me, then managed to smash my way back to second position. 3 laps into the race I took pole position on the big straight, managed to hold off #2 by about 1.7 - 2 seconds for the rest of the race. That was a tough one, MUCH harder than the Vitz races IMO.

Next I gotta re-race the Allstars race :( I quit on the last race and I couldnt place better than 3rd, giving me a Tie for first in points and NOT handing me the championship. It's my fault for skipping 2 tracks in the middle. I hate that one special stage race, crappy visability, crappy racetrack and my car handles bad cause I haven't tuned the suspension at all.

If you want to make the Pro All Stars easy, you can just keep reloading and entering until you get a field of crappy cars. Sometimes the Mazda 787B, Nissan R390 and Toyota GT-One are all in the race, and sometimes the best car is the Impreza LM or XJ220 Race Car.

Hey, a new writeup author! Good effort. I'm going to move this to the GT3 Writeups board, but don't let that stop you. Lets hear some more experiences!

I suppose I could post my settings,

They worked alright for me.

I find the trick with the maxed out Zonda is when entering corners, downshift to the recomended, get a touch of oversteer to help you turn in, When you exit the corner, exit in third, once your rpms get up you will spin like wild, so instead of taking the car to redline, short shift into fourth, this will keep traction and allow you to power out of the corner harder than the racecars can.

I also used TCS for this race, 1100+ HP without TCS would be very difficult.

Odd... I did it a long time ago, but I didn't think I had that much trouble with the C12S. I had everything modded out, no tuning and the hardest tires. Then again, its a closed off track, with all road, and I used my richochet off the walls strategy for the Italian Avant Garde. Anyways I got the Zonda Race Car and promptly sold it with the C12S, because they have no use for me now.

Back