Beat the GT World Championship

• Thread starter 8bit_c63
  • 58 comments

8bit_c63

Premium
Australia
Sydney
Seeing as Im struggling to beat this section of the game (although Im 43% complete) I went searching for a guide to pass this frustrating race.
So here I have found a nice guide on how to beat this rediculous championship 👎

1. You will need to unlock the Endurance Hall. Complete all the Professional and Beginner events and then tackle some of the Special Condition, Manufacturer, Japanese, European and American events. Once your game completion percentage is over 25 percent the Endurance Hall will be open.

2. Take a fast car - I recommend the Audi R8 racing car - and enter the El Captain 200 Miles event.

3. Fit Super-Hard Racing tires at the back and Hard Racing tires to the front.

4. B-spec the event and the 66 laps won't take too long.

5. A car like the R8 will easily win this event without you having to set the speed above 3.

6. For winning the event you will receive a Toyota 88C-V Race Car (Minolta) '89

7. Fit Super-Hard tires at the back and Hard Racing tires to the front of this car

8. Now enter the GT World Championship in the Professional Hall.

9. Run all the events on b-spec at level 3 with no overtaking.

10. The AI cars will race ahead, but will pit once or several times during the event, with your hard tires you will not need to pit

11. You should win enough races this way to take the Championship, though you'll most likely lose Hong Kong, but I managed using Medium Racing tires to the front and Super-Hard racing tires at the back.

12. For winning this championship you'll receive a stack of cash, the ending movie (which is odd as you haven't anywhere near completed the game), unlock the Extreme Competitions and receive the Ford GT LM Edition Spec-II '04.

The only real secret you found was that you shoudl try the Minolta to run in that racing series... other than that, do it A-spec. It's a lot of fun, and very frustrating at the same time.

I wouldn't say B-spec is for wimps, its good for those long endurance races! Im not much of a B-spec fan myself but it helps out every now and then. A-spec is the way to go as you have total control.

Btw, what are the A-spec and B-spec points used for? :scared:

i use b spec on the tracks i dont really like, e.g. tokyo r246, grand valley reverse, fuji 80s and 90s

Alot of the maps that i just hate get extremely fun when you get an F1 car. Before i never really understood it. The bloody thing was way too fast and handled way too well for it's own good. But when you start to race int he f1 championship you realize there is way more into the F1 car than it first lets off to be! It takes quite a bit of skill to run that car at max on the proper line. Not to mention that the line between an f1 car and any other race car are quite different. So far the f1 series seems to be my favorite races. Very competetive race and the AI are quite fast. Very similiar to the GT World Championship, that is if you take a stock Minnola out.

Anyways, back to the subject at hand. You don't really need an audi R8 to win the Minnola. I believe i did it with my FedEx 350Z race car. Try to do it A-Spec. Great thing is after you win a race you can exit to the garage and save your progress. If you lose the next race you can just go back to your saves. You start to realize how important drafting and pit strategies (including how hard you push your car, how late you brake) are after you start this series.

SnyperP
Alot of the maps that i just hate get extremely fun when you get an F1 car. Before i never really understood it. The bloody thing was way too fast and handled way too well for it's own good. But when you start to race int he f1 championship you realize there is way more into the F1 car than it first lets off to be! It takes quite a bit of skill to run that car at max on the proper line. Not to mention that the line between an f1 car and any other race car are quite different. So far the f1 series seems to be my favorite races. Very competetive race and the AI are quite fast. Very similiar to the GT World Championship, that is if you take a stock Minnola out.

Anyways, back to the subject at hand. You don't really need an audi R8 to win the Minnola. I believe i did it with my FedEx 350Z race car. Try to do it A-Spec. Great thing is after you win a race you can exit to the garage and save your progress. If you lose the next race you can just go back to your saves. You start to realize how important drafting and pit strategies (including how hard you push your car, how late you brake) are after you start this series.

Really? I've lapped them on several occasions, I'm about halfway through F1 GT.

I am trying to understand why you would use the R8 to win the Minolta and not just use the R8 to win the GT World Championship.

correct me if im wrong,
but you say "1. You will need to unlock the Endurance Hall. Complete all the Professional and Beginner events and then tackle some of the Special Condition, Manufacturer, Japanese, European and American events. Once your game completion percentage is over 25 percent the Endurance Hall will be open.

well to complete professional you need to do the GT World Championship in the first place :banghead:

DB4gtzagato
correct me if im wrong,
but you say "1. You will need to unlock the Endurance Hall. Complete all the Professional and Beginner events and then tackle some of the Special Condition, Manufacturer, Japanese, European and American events. Once your game completion percentage is over 25 percent the Endurance Hall will be open.

well to complete professional you need to do the GT World Championship in the first place :banghead:

Hey don't shoot the messenger, remember, I "searched and found" the guide :)

matt-man
:crazy: its driving me up the blooming wall!!! i cannot seem to do it at all!!! what shall i do??? 👎

Try the guide! Its not as hard as you think it is. Believe me it drove me insane as well! Use the Minolta. You'll pass. But You most likely wont pass Hong Kong which annoyed me because I like having all golds instead of a silver or a bronze or even worse - a number 4 and so on 👎

Give it a go. You'll pass the championship :dopey:

Its easy really when you have an LMP car, I purchased the BMW LMP for this and only finished out of first on 3 occasions.

2 were 3rd and 4th while the other was me getting to angry at suzuka because of the NIssans teaming up to wipe me out of the race so i retired.

This is the race I'm currently stuck on, and I'm at over 77%. I've being trying it on A-Spec, and I've gotten gold on 3 of the 4 first races. (Except Hong Kong).

I use RSH tires, back and front, that way I don't have to take a pit stop, but on New York, I always have to bit and lose my advantage over the other cars. *sigh*

But I'll keep up at it!

dimi108
Try the guide! Its not as hard as you think it is. Believe me it drove me insane as well! Use the Minolta. You'll pass. But You most likely wont pass Hong Kong which annoyed me because I like having all golds instead of a silver or a bronze or even worse - a number 4 and so on 👎

Give it a go. You'll pass the championship :dopey:

your guide doesn't work, maybe its cause you have more B-spec points. i tried you little guide... all placing 4th or lower 👎 :grumpy:

speedy_samurai
I am trying to understand why you would use the R8 to win the Minolta and not just use the R8 to win the GT World Championship.
+1

I too am stuck at this race. I don't have the money to buy anything remotely competitive enough to use in it. I also don't have the endurance races open, so is my only option to do the national races, rallies, etc, to get up to 25%, go in there and win enough cars/money to be able to enter the GT World Championship?

or do the 2nd special conditions race, sell the prize car after winning the 2 races. it should give you around 250,000 just for the car alone. after you sell the car do the race again but don't forget to clear status. do this enough time to get yourself a nice car.

thanks dimi108, i got 1 hell of a schedual this week and i aint got time to think too much about how to win the gt championship. ill follow your guide excactly in about 1 hour after brekfast. My racing ratio is pretty good right now, 61 % success but i just wont have time to do the championship in a spec . Ill try it in b spec even though im missing out on some fun, Yeah to qoute 1 point though, 💡 im sure we can only open the endurance hall after everything in professional is completed even the championship? Ill try it in 1 hour and tell you all for sure.

Regards,
Gibbosniper.
(Former no ! df3 flag runner in the world for 3 years!! ) 👍

dimi108
Seeing as Im struggling to beat this section of the game (although Im 43% complete) I went searching for a guide to pass this frustrating race.
So here I have found a nice guide on how to beat this rediculous championship 👎

1. You will need to unlock the Endurance Hall. Complete all the Professional and Beginner events and then tackle some of the Special Condition, Manufacturer, Japanese, European and American events. Once your game completion percentage is over 25 percent the Endurance Hall will be open.

2. Take a fast car - I recommend the Audi R8 racing car - and enter the El Captain 200 Miles event.

3. Fit Super-Hard Racing tires at the back and Hard Racing tires to the front.

4. B-spec the event and the 66 laps won't take too long.

5. A car like the R8 will easily win this event without you having to set the speed above 3.

6. For winning the event you will receive a Toyota 88C-V Race Car (Minolta) '89

7. Fit Super-Hard tires at the back and Hard Racing tires to the front of this car

8. Now enter the GT World Championship in the Professional Hall.

9. Run all the events on b-spec at level 3 with no overtaking.

10. The AI cars will race ahead, but will pit once or several times during the event, with your hard tires you will not need to pit

11. You should win enough races this way to take the Championship, though you'll most likely lose Hong Kong, but I managed using Medium Racing tires to the front and Super-Hard racing tires at the back.

12. For winning this championship you'll receive a stack of cash, the ending movie (which is odd as you haven't anywhere near completed the game), unlock the Extreme Competitions and receive the Ford GT LM Edition Spec-II '04.

How can I win the Audi R8 as suggested to use in the guide? I've checked the PAL prize list but don't seem to be able to find it.

Good point,
The guide doesnt quite work. I cant get the R8 by winning a race or two on Endurance as its still locked due to the fact the championship isnt won. The R8 is also a whopping 4,500,000 credits but !! and there is a but. If you want a nice 100,000 credits for a 4.5 minute race and are willing to race a good 20 or 30 times then go to the Tsukuba circuit and race in the second wet event with your fastest race car , (mines the Nissan Fairlady Z LM Race Car (Z33) ('02) - see https://www.gtplanet.net/gt4/car_list/get_cars.php for a look. Im on it right now for my R8, i cant see an easier way yet.
Gibbo. :)

markj_87
How can I win the Audi R8 as suggested to use in the guide? I've checked the PAL prize list but don't seem to be able to find it.

So what if I use the Toyota 88C-V on my own without B-Spec?
My B-Spec driver has only done family cups and Photo Runs. Nothing serious.

Aaargh, its impossible!
I have 8000 B-Spec points, a 1250hp Minolta and I still place less than 4th!

I tell you, how do you get the R92C Skyline? Ah, someone plz help me?!

the 1st time i did this series, i used the nissan r92cp (maxed turbo)....

this time round (i restarted GT4), i'm gonna use the minolta.... its faster than the r92cp!! (when both modded.... i checked on the test track)

just keep trying, and drive as smooth as possible!! slow in, fast out etc

Gord

I'm in the process of doing the series right now in A-Spec. I'm using the Minolta and it's fairing pretty good, even though I've only completed 2 races. I just find these long races boring and considering I completed the El Capitian 200 mile before I stated 2.5 hours of GT4 was just way to much.

Back