Beater or Sleeper? GT6 Car of the Week Thread

1. The review is finished and up.

2. The final race at Le Mans. Grab a Snickers.

3. Cutting Room Floor- Here's what didn't make the final cut into the review.
GrandValleyEast.jpg

As I've previously stated, I loved this thread in GT5... but as I was reading McLaren's review, I was reminded of just how jealous I was of his engaging writing style! Damn, I wish I could do that! Awesome to see these reviews again, and really looking forward to the next episodes. Thanks MCD!!!

Cheers

well i tested the svt cobra on brands hatch full circuit last night, with and without the wing.
i cant guarantee my results, but the car seemed a little more squirrely tho a little faster without the wing on.
it could have been that i ran without the wing for the second run so i was used to the car tho.

anyway, here are some crappy screenshots.
this one is the first run, completely stock, no aids

this one is the same, except the removal of the wing

that second lap was horrible so i did a fourth

and again i will say i do not guarantee these results

Last edited:
@no1pal and @Baron Blitz Red thanks, guys! Seems to be a hit on G+, too. Glad I haven't gotten rusty. Baron you can once you get committed. Writing daily helps, as does reading F1 biographies all the time.

@un4givn85 I think I missed that one, don't know what happened. I've had about 5 hours of sleep in 2 days, so it's a bit fuzzy. My apologies.

Everyone else can expect the next car to be announced on Sunday, and each Tuesday we'll do the CotW events like before.

I can't tell you how thrilled I am that you guys/girls/hermaphrodites are getting into this! Keep it up!

Check this out. Suzuka Circuit time trials, Sport Hard tires.

2:33.491 - 2003 Peugeot 206 RC - 174 hp @ 7000 rpm, 149 ft-lbs @ 5000 rpm, 1110 kg, 394 pp.
2:33.656 - 2010 Peugeot RCZ - 197 hp @ 6000 rpm, 177 ft-lbs @ 1500 rpm, 1350 kg, 407 pp.
2:34.390 - 2007 Peugeot 207 GTi - 179 hp @ 7000 rpm, 177 ft-lbs @ 2000 rpm, 1260 kg, 394 pp.

Last edited:
well i tested the svt cobra on brands hatch indy circuit last night, with and without the wing.
i cant guarantee my results, but the car seemed a little more squirrely tho a little faster without the wing on.
it could have been that i ran without the wing for the second run so i was used to the car tho.

anyway, here are some crappy screenshots.
this one is the first run, completely stock, no aids

this one is the same, except the removal of the wing

that second lap was horrible so i did a fourth

and again i will say i do not guarantee these results

Checked out some of those cars than you can remove the stock wing, and its pure cosmetic. No downforce with or without wing

Congratulations to iainn!

Well then, it is a bit underwhelming after all, looks great but is sluggish for a supposed sports car.
iainns' choice for this weeks car brought a smile to my face, as I've seen one turned from a beater into a drifting sleeper.
The '88 Volvo 240 GLT Estate!

i524191.jpg

(I tried as hard as I could to find a photo with a hot girl posing next to one. Turns out women won't go near them.)

Lets hope I can get enough cash to ensure I can buy the chosen one in time! Perhaps we shouldn't go for too expensive for the first one?

That shouldn't be too hard, as I purchased mine for just under 16k Cr. Since there's no Gallery for Standard cars, I'll have another video posted here later today.

Last edited:
(I tried as hard as I could to find a photo with a hot girl posing next to one. Turns out women won't go near them.)

I could only find a picture of Geena Davis crashing a 240 estate in Beetljuice...
beetlejuicecrash13ut.jpeg

And here's a V8 drift version...
9554737428_45c3e75743.jpg

Love the 240, I really miss my V8 and GT-R powered ones from the good ol days of GT5 'modding' :(.

At least we can put BBS RS wheels on it now :).

Heheh, I suppose Kaz added this car in the game for fun purposes. This volvo is one of the two hearses in the game along with the Chevy El Camino. But the difference between these two is that the Chevy actually has power.

Last edited:
Heheh, I suppose Kaz added this car in the game for fun purposes. This volvo is one of the two hearses in the game along with the Chevy El Camino. But the difference between these two is that the Chevy actually has power and it's RWD.

240 is RWD too 👍.

There are other wagons too, don't forget the Stagea.

Just tore up Suzuka with the Volvo 240 on Sport Hard tires.

3:01.465 - 1988 Volvo 240 GLT Estate - 127 hp @ 6000 rpm, 140 ft-lbs @ 3000 rpm, 1890 kg, 314 pp.

Slow as hell, but when you consider how much cargo it can swallow, and how much it weighs, it's not terrible.

Thanks to @McClarenDesign for letting me choose this week.

Knowing this I've had a bit of time to test out the Volvo and I must say I do like it, nice to drive with no unpredictable behaviour. With SH tyres and a bit more power it's good fun.

Just had a blast round Suzuka in a brand new stock one with 314pp to compare with @SuzukaStar and managed a pedestrian 3:17 on the standard comfort mediums and only 3:08 on sports hards!

Missing the apex at Suzuka hairpin

More later in the week with the other one I bought and souped up to 229bhp/400PP.

Last edited:
I remember doing a review of the C30 R-Design hatchback in GT5. Looks like it's time to break out my tweed jacket, channel my inner college professor, and get behind the wheel of a Volvo again. :D

Can't say I'm a veteran Volvo wagon driver. Since I'm more of a JDM kind of guy, I spent my time using Legacy's or Stagea's. But I can say the Volvo was a great car to troll the AI, because people made great tunes for it, meaning you could get 300-plus bhp engines and wild handling. The Volvo is now a bit less useful as a troll car, because El Camino, since that has endless customization settings, and more potential (because it the poor man's muscle car). But still, it is a fun oddball, if you're into that sort of thing...

I screwed up one section by running to hot in, but I was happy with the lap.

On Tuesday we'll meet up online at 10p CST. Join us!

Back