Beater or Sleeper? COTW Forza 7 Week:END The Ultimate Sleeper, The Holden Sandman! Thanks Everyone!!

@Vic Reign93 you wouldn't happen to have a video of your lap of Sebring laying around would you? I'm still an entire 2 seconds off the pace and can't for the life of me figure out how to drop them.

@Vic Reign93 you wouldn't happen to have a video of your lap of Sebring laying around would you? I'm still an entire 2 seconds off the pace and can't for the life of me figure out how to drop them.

Well not of my current time, but I’ll be heading back out for another run soon so I’ll record that one if it’s quicker. ;)

I will not be able to get a second time done for a valid submission. I apologize.

It’s all good man, don’t worry about it. :)

(2:21.371)

@Drex124 this should do nicely for you and for @Thomas2012 a retort to your respectable pace with the Daytona. 👍

My Advice? Reinforce your KTM GT4’s time as that’s next on the list for me. :mischievous:

It’s all good man, don’t worry about it. :)

(2:21.371)

@Drex124 this should do nicely for you and for @Thomas2012 a retort to your respectable pace with the Daytona. 👍

My Advice? Reinforce your KTM GT4’s time as that’s next on the list for me. :mischievous:

Wow I never actually realised how close my times were to your old ones! I thought my laps felt decent :lol: Would love to give them another shot before the car combo changes but I’m a bit short for time. (And literally could not catch your alien times lol)

Cannot wait to see your improved KTM time 👍

Shelby time will have to wait a bit, but in the mean time.

(1:47.149)

This thing sticks to the road like glue, it just feels incredibly out of place among the GT3s and Es it will be competing against.

Yeah that's the fate the Eau Rouge deserved ;)
Screenshot (1188).png

I couldn't get better than a 2:23.713 in this despite driving it in CRM. I was feeling sea sick with the suspension but after a while you get used to it. And it's quite very fast. This is a sleeper.
Screenshot (1189).png

The X-Bow got a 1:48.413 around the Alps. A bit more power could be added here but it is a solid racer to control, maybe even pleasant for an S class car. This too is a sleeper.

Just gonna throw this up here to make sure I at least have a time up.

Forza Motorsport 7 7_12_2018 12_52_28 PM.png

I was working on something that may materialize later today, but don't get your hopes up. :P

A134D89D-43E0-4F7D-AD42-2AA26D7F00B4.jpeg

And before you ask Drex, yes I did record the lap, it’s still uploading atm, but I’ll showcase it here when it’s done. 👍

Be Back shortly to announce next week’s duo. ;)

I don't know if it still counts, but here is my time in stock, it feels good but is off the pace of the homologated car by 6 seconds... Beater! (bitter!)View attachment 751796
Afraid not Nacho, about 23 mins late. :)

So the scores are as follows for the Daytona.

@Vic Reign93 2:21.371
@Thomas2012 2.22.051
@pompeypigeon 2:23.713
@Drex124 2.24.377
@Nacho Libre & @Obelisk ’No Valid time Set’

And over in the Alps with the GT4 KTM.

@Vic Reign93 1:46.827
@Drex124 1:47.149 (your 46.9 was after closing time. :P)
@pompeypigeon 1:48.413
@Thomas2012 1:48.460
@Nacho Libre 1:50.706

So Thomas joins the COTW club with a 2nd and close 4th first time out, a good start and good times from all. 👍

Congratulations @Obelisk!!!

After you inquired about why I left the new Porsche’s out of last weeks line up, (I put the priced content up first before any freebies) You then made what some might consider a mistake, you threw out a vehicle suggestion that we hadn’t tested that was both humorous and potentially tricky to drive.

You said that suggestion to me, that was your mistake. :P

Humorous AND potentially tricky? I’m on it like a car bonnet. :lol:

Introducing...
2A6EDC25-99B4-4541-A886-77EAEA164799.png

The 2013 Cadillac XTS Limousine!!!
(Image doesn’t represent the performance of a stock limo.)
Yep, The stretch limo which Youtuber Don Joewon Song unintentionally fooled the world with in his famous Reverse Drifting Video at Lime Rock on Forza 6. :lol:

For context here’s said video.

Powered by a 304hp 3.6 V6, this 2495kg machine is the longest vehicle in the Forza franchise to date.

With power sent to the front via 6 speed Automatic, it’s definitely no enthusiast racer and that’s backed up by a 9.4 seconds 0-60mph time and 0-100 in over 23 seconds.

With such tricky dimensions and handling you would need some space to manoeuvre properly, well about that. :mischievous:

You’ll be driving the Limo at Long Beach Full this week. :D

Just pretend there’s a VIP in the back and you’re being chased by (insert prefered pursuers here.) and there’s a bonus if you escape them quicker than your fellow limo drivers. :sly:

For those wishing for something abit more hair raising and pulse pounding, try this icon from Stuttgart out.;)

It is...
6E97A555-6A1F-402E-A80B-515BBF9478D4.png

The 1971 Porsche #23 917/20!!!

At long last, they finally introduced the car that started Porsche’s long and dominant career at Le Mans or rather a spin off version of the original 917.

Built as a test bed for Low Drag concepts and parts for Porsche’s eventual Can Am entry, the 917/20 packs a 601hp air cooled Flat 12 engine that’s pushing a car weighing just over 2000lbs to speeds well in excess of 210mph. :drool:

Painted pink and wearing a butchers diagram for a pig as it’s livery, The ‘Pink Pig’ was incredibly fast at Le Mans, but due to the lower downforce levels, the brakes were punished even more than the standard 917 and because they didn’t account for that in the brake change schedule, it eventually suffered a brake failure which caused it to crash out of the race.

Happily it was restored and is now immortalised in a Forza game at long last.

No prizes for guessing where we’re taking it this week, Le Mans on the Old Mulsanne layout. ;)

Also as an FYI, there’s also a Rivals event available with this car at Le Mans, but on the chicanes version, But it’s also anything goes in terms of upgrading.

And should you decide to do the rivals event too, just remember there’s a twin turbo option for the 917. :eek:.

So the Limo at Long Beach Full and the Pink Pig at Le Mans Old Mulsanne.

Have fun out there people. :cheers:

It's surprisingly agile considering its size. Sadly there shouldn't be any problems with the hairpin, the mini roundabout might be a different story. :P

It's surprisingly agile considering its size. Sadly there shouldn't be any problems with the hairpin, the mini roundabout might be a different story. :P
It looks absolutely bizarre in camera angles. It looks really, really uncanny to be honest. Load up a race and watch how it turns.

It looks absolutely bizarre in camera angles. It looks really, really uncanny to be honest. Load up a race and watch how it turns.
Honestly it doesn't look that weird to me, what's so bizarre about it?

It looks like its rear tires are sliding inwards when it turns at high speed.

Speaking of, it's actually not that bad on Long Beach. Yes, even at the hairpin and roundabout chicane.

Will post a full post later with both cars.

Last edited:
Better start the times! Busy week ahead so likely my only submissions... again :/
Forza Motorsport 7 Screenshot 2018.07.19 - 17.56.02.09.png

The Caddy Limo, surprisingly able to corner the streets of Long Beach. It's length doesn't seem to drag it down but its weight sure does. A fun car for sure but I'm a bit indecisive on whether to describe it as a beater or sleeper, on one hand it obviously isn't very quick around a circuit (let alone with a roundabout and hairpin :lol: ) but at the same time it's ability to corner is much better than I thought it would be and I do remember seeing a video by "Isuckatdriving" on FM7 where he got beat by a limo. Well then...

Forza Motorsport 7 Screenshot 2018.07.19 - 18.57.14.93.png

The Pink Pig, a true monster in its own right. Its flat 12 thundering along the Mulsanne straight hitting 360KM/h with truly stunning performance despite its age and wow what a shape, it may be called a pig but it's only resemblance is definitely the colour. A proper car for Le Mans, very stable and grippy around the circuit and super down the straights. Although Forza's physics may be behind it's outstanding track performance I do believe most people would not expect it coming. Sleeper

Last edited:
63CDE78C-C1BD-4F2B-8B28-B1A27384DC75.jpeg

Best effort with the Limo is around half a second behind Thomas. 👍

The Caddy is quite nose heavy and it wanting to understeer reflects that and while it’s no performance car, the gearing of the 6 speed gearbox could be abit shorter as you only use half of the gears on offer.

It’s hopeless as a proper track car in stock trim (thank you captain obvious:P) but is offset by its somewhat comedic value, A limo that can be built in to a dragster, NASCAR or even a power build for longer tracks. :D

So it’s getting a Neutral Verdict, but only just. ;)

The 917 by comparison..

79035169-055B-43C5-8E6F-1F71D1D9C55B.jpeg

Is an icon that holds up its reputation quite well (minus the whole brake failure thing the Pink Pig had. :lol:)

While it’s got a knife edge to it’s handling, it rewards those who can keep it on the right side of it.

Admittedly the engine sound is more Flat 6 than Flat 12 and Audiophile’s will hate that. :crazy:

But as a whole package, it’s a long overdue good introduction for the 917 in any form to join the Forza series. :)

Verdict: Sleeper 👍

The L O N G B O I

Yeah. I'm the one who suggested this thing. It was meant to be a joke. Anyways, let's see what this long car can do.

We'll start with what it is. It's a limo made by Cadillac, and as par for the course, it's absurdly long.

How long, exactly?
worlds-longest-car.jpg

That long.

And we're supposed to guide it around Long Beach Circuit, where there's a roundabout and a hairpin to contend with. ...Can I take a rain check on the track limits for this one? ...No?

Fine. Let's see how it did.

caddy_LOLmo.png

Not bad, to be honest. As long as the thing was, I found very few issues with its cornering. Straight line performance is disappointing for a 300 BHP car, but it about figures for this thing. Cornering was hilariously good, and I think maybe the fact that the whole platform is front-driven might be a factor in that (since the rear tires simply don't do jack and act more like a pivot point for the car).

Conclusion?

L O N G B O I-

Sleeper.

Ok not the greatest turn out for this week, but not every weeks a home run now is it? :P

So for the Stretchboi at the Beach..

@Thomas2012 1:48:023
@Vic Reign93 1:48.568
@Obelisk 1:51.295

And for the Piggy at Le Mans.

@Vic Reign93 3:25.052
@Thomas2012 3:26.886

So at Long Beach I had no answer to Thomas, but I levelled the playing field at Le Mans. ;)

This week we’re gonna dial it back to normal programming of 1 car and this one is relatively tame.

But it was made TV famous after one of the many actors who portrayed the iconic James Bond character drove it on TV, Just not a 007 movie. :P

It is...

15DDFEDF-1776-4DB9-B80E-7926A4DA8DE5.png

(Photo done by Don Joewon Song)
The 1972 Volvo 1800E!!!

Driven on hit TV show “The Saint” by the late great Roger Moore (although the one he drove was a ‘62 model), The 1800E joined the Forza series as a barn find which coincidently wasn’t far away from how the original movie car was found and subsequently restored after 22 years of rotting away on a farm. ;)

(Quick side note, there’s one Volvo P1800 not too far away from I live and it does get driven quite abit, it’s also painted white, but that’s surely just a coincidence. :sly:)