Beater or Sleeper? COTW Forza 7 Week:END The Ultimate Sleeper, The Holden Sandman! Thanks Everyone!!

ripone.png

The Rip Rod is pretty fun! Not a fan of the CVT, so it gets a Neutral from me.

I also couldn't get a lap in the 917/30 that I could be proud of, but that thing is brutal. Sleeper.

So the times for the Rip Rod.

@Vic Reign93 1:07.452
@Im_Lukas 1:07.539
@Obelisk 1:09.685

And for the 917/30 Can-Am Spyder.

@Im_Lukas 1:37.216
@Vic Reign93 1:37.581

So me and Lukas trade wins by small margins and the Great Prism breaks in his new upgrades for this week.

So it’s been awhile since we had an Aussie being hooned around the many tracks of Forza, this week we’ve got a right ripper mate. :P

It is...

F07CC533-1FA6-4D83-8850-656AE08AC9A7.png

The 2009 Holden HSV W427!!

Ah the car with many different personality’s, one’s British(Vauxhall VXR8), one’s American(Pontiac G8 GXP), but the original is pure Aussie. ;)

This one in particular was the more exclusive model, originally there was gonna be 427 cars made, but due to the economy taking a dive in 2008 and the cars price of 155,000$AUS production was capped at only 200 cars.

Like most of the hotter Commodores, it had a Chevy LS V8, but the W427 had the 7.0 litre(427CI) taken from the C6 Z06 Corvette with a dry oil sump added, the engine was good for 503hp and 472ft-lbs of torque, Basically its a 4 door Corvette.:D

With updated tyres, brakes and Suspension, the power is sent to the rear via a 6 speed manual gearbox, it’s a bit on the bulky side at 4,122lbs and 53% of that is over the front axle.

No surprises for where you’ll be driving the W427 at this week, Yep its Bathurst. :lol:

But that’s not all, we did get a few good cars for free last week after all.

And let’s just say this one’s the definition of ‘Absolute power corrupting absolutely.’

It is..

8A52A682-AD6B-48A8-B1D2-A2B162461C1B.png

The 1969 Hot Wheels Twin Mill!!!

For when one is just not enough. :sly:

The original car designed by Hot Wheels way back in 1969 as a toy, it was brought to life in 2001 at the SEMA car show.

Packing not one, but TWO 8.2 litre Supercharged Chevy Big Block V8’s giving you a total of 16.5(16453cc’s) litres, 1400hp and 1400ft’lbs of torque and absolutely no visibility in cockpit cam. :lol:

All that power requires a lot of renforcing to the frame, a 6 speed automatic that can handle the power and tyres that’ll try to tame that power, but all that(plus the fact is got two engines.) means it’s weighing in at over 2.1tons or just under 4,696lbs. :embarrassed:

So you need somewhere where you can really open the taps on those engines, no better place than Daytona, specifically the Short Circuit layout.

Will it be twice the fun or twice the headaches? Only one way to find out. :P

Best of luck people. :cheers:

holdenw427lap.png

Hey, so I went to Bathurst to test the Holden. It was an hour of pain, excitement and disappointment as I watched fast lap after fast lap fall to the high speed right at the bottom of the back straight. Seriously, you can't take that corner flat out in this thing! That said, let's actually talk about the W427 and how it fared.

It fared surprisingly well! It's a great piece of kit. It's got a big freaking V8 crammed under the hood, four doors and rear wheel drive, which should be a recipe for disaster on paper at anything past cruising speeds, but no. Not this Holden. It's a beefy machine that took what I threw at it surprisingly well and didn't throw as much of a fuss as I was expecting it to on the top half of Bathurst.

All in, I nearly cracked the 2:30 barrier in a stock Holden, chasing an A600-tuned something or other ghost driven by my fast friend. That's just about two seconds over an entire lap on a 50+ PI difference!

I rate this car a Sleeper.

inb4vicbreaksthe30barrier

As for the Twin Mill: You chose a track way too small for the thing to actually offer any useful speed, to be honest. Couldn't take it around without babying it around all of the 1st and 2nd gear turns.

twinmilldaytonashort.png

I love the Twin Mill, and the speeds it can manage are insane, but you have more hope turning a cruise ship around some of these corners, if I had a good run around the oval turn (which isn't flat out in this) I would have to brake before the finish line to make turn 1. I still love the car for the idea and how challenging it is to push it without traction control, but much like the Rip Rod took a blow for the CVT, this will have to take a hit for the handling, only with this I can happily drive it without going insane. I'll give a neutral.

w427bathurst.png

Next up the Holden, it's fantastic and does exactly what I want it to, while being exciting to hotlap on this track (although most cars are exciting here). It's fast, has reasonable gear ratios, isn't a CVT, handles predictably and brakes fairly well. It's certainly a sleeper in my mind.

Only negatives are I need another tenth to overwrite my stock Nissan R380 time here, and the lap felt good but watching my recording back I messed up quite a few corners. May still revisit this to catch that pesky R380 and clean up the lap a bit.

Sorry about the Horizon Pulse hotlapping music :lol:.

Eight seconds faster. Either I'm just plain bad with the Holden or I'm plain bad with Bathurst. Good lap, man.

Thanks, I think Bathurst is probably the one track in this game where time between drivers is exaggerated most, almost every corner requires commitment, and the whole mountain section can be ruined by one bad turn if it knocks you off the rhythm. A couple of seconds will be down to me using manual/clutch and I can't tell if that's automatic, manual, or some clean shifts with clutch you're doing whereas I'm using the kind of cheap rev-banging technique.

From what I've seen in hoppers at Bathurst you're far from bad, it's just a track where small things really add up.

Well @Im_Lukas just incase you need an extra incentive to go after your R380’s time. :P

94F2F68B-2E53-442D-9F6D-31C8CC99D872.jpeg

Just a btw, I did have a sub 2:23 time yesterday but was unfortunately dirty, I put in about an hours worth of straight hot lapping over the 2 sessions to get this time.

The car and the track were a tricky combo, but I can’t blame the car as I was really leaning on it, more than it could handle probably just to get the fast times down. :D

While stopping it from around 160+ mph going into The Chase wasn’t easy on the brakes given the weight, it just about could do the job as long as you didn’t lock them up.

Engine was good, gearbox was good, handling was here or there, likey exaggerated by the Mountains varying turns, elevation and camber, but was ok when it co-operated.

All in all, It’s a Sleeper, but could lose a couple pounds to make it that much sweeter, but i’m not complaining that much. :lol:

Verdict: Sleeper 👍

And the Twin Mill..
24BEFF78-C9BF-421B-91B5-22F92C2DC115.jpeg

The epitome of the term, ‘Dumb Muscle’.
:P
Before I continue, small correction, The FH3 had the 6 speed gearbox, this one has a 4 speed gearbox.

Lukas wasn’t kidding when he said you had to brake before the start line just to make turn 1 or that the banked turn can’t be taken flat. :crazy:

An issue I ran into was I was cooking the inside rear wheel under braking into turn one which meant I couldn’t put the power down without the rear getting sketchy with one tyre cooked and one tyre not.

Handling was as you expect, slow and heavy. :sly:

As for putting power down, I’ll break out a quote from the man who drove the fearsome Porsche 917/30 to properly explain it, Mark Donohue.

“If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower.”

It’s VERY possible in this car, but in fairness this doesn’t have slicks, but you can smoke the tyres up to 150mph in some cases. :eek:

In stock form, it’s better off at the drag strip, But it’ll take a good set of hands to build it into a decent S Class power build, sticky tyres, less weight, downforce and maybe AWD swap.

For having fun in, it’s perfect, not so for racing.

Verdict: Neutral(barely)

One last thing..

Me and @Obelisk after spending some time working out how to do it, will be bringing COTW back to Horizion next week on FH4.:cheers:

It’ll be reliant on the Route Creator due to the normal routes not having class leaderboards like on FH3 on Rivals and they’ll be a certain way tracks have to be made for it to work, but it’ll be explained more when we start next week at the usual time. :)👍

w427bathurst.png

Improved a bit and beat that R380, a little disappointed with the lap though, I lost 2 tenths in the first sector which is essentially just turn 1 and most of the first straight, another 2 tenths in the second sector where I had to let off the steering to avoid a wall on the inside, and then 5 tenths in the last sector where the pressure was just too much for me and I ended up messing it up.

So the times for the double header are like this..

For the Holden.

@Im_Lukas 2:23.207
@Vic Reign93 2:23.270
@Obelisk 2:31.042

And the Twin Mill.

@Vic Reign93 1:37.506
@Im_Lukas 1:37.701

Another week, another trading of 1st places against Lukas. :D

Ok on to brass tacks, I’m happy to announce after much back and forth in creating a somewhat practical solution, We have officially opened our Forza Horizion 4 COTW branch. :cheers:

We? Yep, Obelisk and myself will be running the show in tandem to ensure things run as smooth as can be. :P

We’ve already got the first event and car lined up for you guys and it’s right through here.👍

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ek-1-vauxhall-monaro-05.383432/#post-12548831

So @Jetboy. @Drex124 @FastBud @Thomas2012 ready for the smell of the British countryside with COTW? :D

So how do we celebrate the occasion? With another British machine of course.:sly:

And this ones packing a name to back up it’s power.

It is...

725A74F8-73F1-4031-81AF-E24A95843DC0.png

The 2016 Aston Martin Vulcan!!!

Ahh, Both Vulcans sparing with one another (Before it was replaced with the Deltawing name.) in another Horizon Showcase. ;)

Named after the Avro Vulcan Bomber, The Aston Martin Vulcan was Aston’s take on the ultra pricey, track only powerhouse which the likes of Mclaren, Ferrari and such had already dabbled in with the P1 GTR and the FXX-K.