Beater or Sleeper? COTW Forza 7 Week:END The Ultimate Sleeper, The Holden Sandman! Thanks Everyone!!

I already thought that I won't drive this round with all that new Bounty & Rivals events and returning to GTS MP.

But I gave him a chance this evening because it is deserves it!

Beast that's literally eating asphalt more then tires is very drivable at same time, even with controller on Hardcore settings, with cocpit camera - nothing else wouldn't be real feel...

So here is my very fresh, direct capture:

Again, in last set of laps (of day, all games), that almost didn't happen, came the best result!

That was even best Hardcore time

20-02-2018_20-42-33.png

20-02-2018_20-42-09.png

If you want to feel powerful, drive this Mercedes-Benz!

Verdict: Sleeper

Forza Motorsport 7 2_20_2018 4_52_47 PM.png

Thaaat took a lot of effort.

I'll slap a Sleeper sticker on it because it was faster than I expected, but then I honestly don't know what I expected.

And here's a picture to make up for the lack of words. :P

Forza Motorsport 7 2_20_2018 5_20_34 PM.png

Top 3 this week is mighty close with all 3 clocking a 1:24.6 time, let’s how close it really was. ;)

1st: @Drex124 1:24.606
2nd: @VICGT1970 1:24.674
3rd: @Vic Reign93 1:24.676
4th: @zaxs 1:25.018
5th: @Obelisk 1:26.639
6th: @Stang616 1.28.877

Not even a tenth of a second between the top 3 and not even 5 one thousandths between the Two Vics, cracking job all round people. :cheers:

From the heavy hitters to the lightweight flyers.

Congratulations @VICGT1970 !!!

As one of many on track rivals, you can definitely hold your own when it comes to clocking the quick ones, so let’s what happens when you have the floor to decide what we drive this week.

And you decided on...

CC0C7995-94C8-4142-ADF5-309AF0B781EB.png

The 2013 Donkervoort D8 GTO!!!

The Netherlands spiritual successor to the Lotus 7 with a whole lot more carbon fibre.

With an Audi TT RS 2.5 turbo 5 cylinder at the front, it’s 375hp is hauling a car weighing in at just under 700kg to high speeds pretty sharpish. :lol:

With a 5 speed gearbox and an aerodynamically limted top speed of just over 160mph, The D8 GTO will test your reflexes as you throw it around the full layout of the Maple Valley Raceway.

But wait, There’s more!! :D

Normally I’d be the one to pick a car from the latest DLC pack for this week, but given it dropped last week instead of today, VICGT also got to pick that one too. :P

And he settled on...

8192DA46-922C-4689-97B9-B3314EE8A19A.png

The 2018 Kia Stinger!!!
(Sidenote, seriously Google?! Removing the View Image option annoys me more than you think.:irked:)

The Kia Stinger, Few years ago such a car didn’t exist by the likes of Kia, But they have been going from strength to strength over the years and now they plan on taking on the Mid Tier performance saloons from Germany.

With a 3.3 V6 with twin turbos punching out 365hp and 376ft-lbs of Torque, it’s not messing around that’s for certain.

With an 8 Speed gearbox sending power to the rear, this 3,750lbs newcomer will be tested at Road Atlanta Full layout.

2 outsiders stepping into well treaded territories of the lightweight track toys and the sporty saloons, let’s how they stack up.

Best of luck people. 👍

Right Click -> Open Image in New Tab
Can be done from Google Images (low res) or from the website (high res).

That would be the solution, but I’m using my IPhone so the whole right click thing is sorta tricky to do. :P

76E365C1-4C2B-47F8-8E67-26C0407DDB7A.jpeg

So the D8 GTO, more than happy to kick its tail out with the throttle and due to its power to weight ratio being safely over 500hp per ton(539 to be exact.), it’ll be hauling out the corners once you get traction. :eek:

It’s not for beginners, but it’s a good drive all round, so if you want your Caterham with some 5 cylinder noise, get the Donkervoort D8 GTO. :D

Verdict: Sleeper 👍

And as for the Kia Stinger..

AAEF82AC-DC41-4186-A9AB-5E7F11237C03.jpeg

Despite the extra bulk in comparison to the D8 it’s a pretty capable newcomer, bit of understeer at its limit and the gearing could be abit shorter, but it’s well behaved in putting its power down and stops decently too.

It’s not a sleeper, but it ain’t far off being one either. ;)

Verdict: Neutral :)

Forza Motorsport 7 2_22_2018 9_05_27 PM.png

(I did consider posting this in Dutch instead :P)

Donkervoort, one of a surprising number of manufacturers from my homeland. And like most of them starting out as a kit-car company.

Unfortunately I have no idea how to drive the darn thing it seems. It drives much like a more stable version of the Catherham we have in Forza. Even in fifth it will still try to go sideways through the corner. Aside from being more tail happy than a dog that's seen some food left on the table, it's an absolute track rocket.

Verdict: Sleeper

Forza Motorsport 7 2_24_2018 1_10_03 PM.png

A decent all rounder in it's class. Unfortunately nothing really makes it stand out IMO.

Verdict: Neutral

Not the greatest turnout admittedly, but hey you win some and lose some. :P

On to the boards.

Donkervoort D8
@Vic Reign93 1:36.728
@Drex124 1:39.978
@VICGT1970 1:40.036

Kia Stinger
@Drex124 1:37.586
@Vic Reign93 1:37.590
@VICGT1970 1:38.265

Pretty close numbers all things considered especially with the Kia. 👍

Congratulations @Obelisk !!!

You actually put this suggestion forward awhile ago, but I decided to go one step further by adding its standard version into the mix.

It is...

7635BE75-89B7-4330-BB67-EC2940858243.png

(Photo and design by Varjo Designs.)
The 2013 Subaru BRZ Forza Edition!!!

As mentioned, the standard version will be thrown in the mix too and that’ll be heading round Suzuka East Circuit and the Forza Edition will be going to the Grand Prix layout of Sonoma Raceway.

Should be a BReeZ for you guys this week. :lol:

Here's a bit of a benchmark then.

Forza Motorsport 7 3_1_2018 11_52_07 AM.png

Quite the zen like experience driving that to be honest.

Forza Motorsport 7 3_1_2018 12_20_19 PM.png

I'll need to work on that time... I don't like the layout and the car has too much grip for not being all that powerful. 👎

EC2A9A74-6E70-4A9F-9C89-B9CC051DF5CF.jpeg

I have to agree on the stock BRZ, despite the often mentioned criticism of it needing more power, here in FM7 and at Suzuka, it felt right at home. :)

Stops well, handles great and you really can balance this thing on the edge of grip and drift to boot.

It’s definitely a short technical track hero with a good tune on it. 👍

Verdict: Sleeper :D

As for its Forzafied counterpart...

B50DDDF1-6078-4EA7-9057-AA8010E47DDA.jpeg

The Forza Edition bumps up the power to 242hp, cuts out over 200lbs of weight and gives it wider and grippier tyres front and back courtesy of a Rocket Bunny bodykit and tops it off with a black prismacolour finish.

Now it really darts into the turns and you can really find its limits, but maybe it’s because I now had too much grip or it didn’t feel as responsive under braking despite all the extra grip and stopping power, But it just didn’t feel as satisfying to drive as the standard version which is quite odd to say. :P

Plus the drawback of a forza edition car if you plan on keeping it homologated is you don’t have much wiggle room in the tuning department.

But it’s a not a terrible car either, quite the opposite but the standard BRZ just felt more connected, it’s one of those things you can’t really explain even if you tried.

In summary, it’s decent, but IMO, don’t keep it homologated and step it up to the top of B or A class(or S class if you’re really ambitious.:lol:).

Verdict: Neutral

Also the March DLC clue thread means We’re very likely getting DLC next week and given last time I could give @VICGT1970 that choice too because of the odd release time, It’s only fair I try and include you guys as well. :D

So take note, the very second the DLC trailer drops next week with the new cars, the first person to give me their pick from the pack via message will have it be the one we run for that week alongside the normal pick. :cheers:

In the meantime, keep those times coming. 👍

I'd like to welcome @Javian Brown to the forums by tagging him here! I brought him on board just for this thread in particular :lol:

Incidentally, I should have time tonight to run the two BRZs.

Times running out folks for you to get your times up, I’ve already got a winner for the DLC pick as well. :P

So the scores on the board are as follows.

BRZ Forza Edition

@FastBud 1:48.016
@VICGT1970 1:48.861
@Vic Reign93 1:49.639
@Drex124 1:50.395

And the Stock BRZ...

@FastBud 0:58.052*
@Vic Reign93 1:01.143
@Drex124 1:01.783
@VICGT1970 1:01.844

I don’t know where those 3 seconds came from, but if there was no shenanigans on your or the games end then That’s a rapid time. 👍👍

Anyways I decided this weeks pick and this weeks combo is quintessentially german.

Ze car for this week is...

EB680850-C535-46BE-91BE-AF78FEAF7C90.png

The 1979 BMW #6 Motorsport M1 Procar!!!

Sadly Forza doesn’t give us flames this big, but I digress. :P

With a race tuned version of the standard M1’s 3.5 In-line 6 cranking out 471hp and 287 ft-lbs of torque and pushing 2,249lbs of slick tyre wearing racecar, The M1 Procar is one to crank up the volume for. :drool:

It’ll be making sweet sweet noise at the GP Circuit layout at the Nurburgring for this week.

And due to the unpredictable release schedule of Forza’s DLC, we have another DLC pick for this week.

You know how I said I wanted to include more of you guys in picking the DLC picks??

Clearly my Pantera showcasing counterpart was feeling a touch greedy and was quick on the draw to get his pick in first. :lol:

To be fair, I didn’t say he couldn’t so well played to him. 👍

Anyways what did you settle on this time VIC?

B6E61374-A33D-491B-917F-24CF58710398.png

The 1983 Jaguar #44 Group 44 XJR-5!!!

Jaguar’s answer for the IMSA Championship and it’s rocking a V12, Because it’s a Jaaaaaaaggg. :D

A Race tuned 5.3 V12 making 525hp and 430ft-lbs of torque placed in the middle of a car which weighs just over 2000lbs at 2,030lbs.

To get the full IMSA experience (Minus the whole Marijauna Smuggling part:sly:) VIC has also picked the Grand Prix Layout at Long Beach for the Jaguar.

So a Bavarian Brawler at the Ring and an Angry Jag at the Beach, sounds like something you’d dream up after hitting the strong cheese before bed. :lol:

Let’s cut these racers loose and get some times up. :cheers:

Last edited:
So the scores on the board are as follows.

BRZ Forza Edition

@FastBud 1:48.016
@VICGT1970 1:48.861
@Vic Reign93 1:49.639
@Drex124 1:50.395

And the Stock BRZ...

@FastBud 0:58.052
@Vic Reign93 1:01.143
@Drex124 1:01.783
@VICGT1970 1:01.844

I don’t know where those 3 seconds came from, but if there was no shenanigans on your or the games end then That’s a rapid time. 👍👍

Anyways I decided this weeks pick and this weeks combo is quintessentially german.

Ze car for this week is...

View attachment 719763
The 1979 BMW #6 Motorsport M1 Procar!!!

Sadly Forza doesn’t give us flames this big, but I digress. :P

With a race tuned version of the standard M1’s 3.5 In-line 6 cranking out 471hp and 287 ft-lbs of torque and pushing 2,249lbs of slick tyre wearing racecar, The M1 Procar is one to crank up the volume for. :drool:

It’ll be making sweet sweet noise at the GP Circuit layout at the Nurburgring for this week.

And due to the unpredictable release schedule of Forza’s DLC, we have another DLC pick for this week.

You know how I said I wanted to include more of you guys in picking the DLC picks??

Clearly my Pantera showcasing counterpart was feeling a touch greedy and was quick on the draw to get his pick in first. :lol:

To be fair, I didn’t say he couldn’t so well played to him. 👍

Anyways what did you settle on this time VIC?

View attachment 719765

The 1983 Jaguar #44 Group 44 XJR-5!!!

Jaguar’s answer for the IMSA Championship and it’s rocking a V12, Because it’s a Jaaaaaaaggg. :D

A Race tuned 5.3 V12 making 525hp and 430ft-lbs of torque placed in the middle of a car which weighs just over 2000lbs at 2,030lbs.

To get the full IMSA experience (Minus the whole Marijauna Smuggling part:sly:) VIC has also picked the Grand Prix Layout at Long Beach for the Jaguar.

So a Bavarian Brawler at the Ring and an Angry Jag at the Beach, sounds like something you’d dream up after hitting the strong cheese before bed. :lol:

Let’s cut these racers loose and get some times up. :cheers:

Just re ran a couple of laps in the stock BRZ and yes 3 seconds slower, don’t know what happened there, so disregard that time :banghead:

Back