Beater or Sleeper? FH3 Edition! Thanks for coming.

• Thread starter Obelisk
  • 573 comments

Obelisk

Premium
United States
United States
RMedia_Obelisk
Welcome to the first ever Horizon 3 Car of the Week! Just like COTW, only Horizon 3 and more dubstep!

Due to the unusual nature of how this is going so far, this first week will actually be two weeks as I sort out race times and events.

And some car rules: No DLC cars and no Horizon edition cars. All cars are to be tested and raced stock online, but upgrade tests are fine offline.

This is a chance for everyone on GTPlanet to get behind the wheel of the same car and give it a thorough going over. The aim is to get people driving what they wouldn't usually drive, or cars that may have been overlooked. They may be great, they may be terrible, but as part of Forza Horizon 3, they deserve discussion right here.

People can show off their amazing photos, trade tuning tips, race one another and review that weeks nominated car. Lap times can be posted, top speeds and acceleration times compared and tips on handling discussed. One winner will be chosen each week from the previous week's posts, and will get to choose the car for the following week.

Anyways, onto the first victim winner of the Horizon 3 COTW selection.

Congrats, @McClarenDesign!

It seems you have won an amazing opportunity to name the inaugural Horizon 3 Car of the Week!

So what will you pick, o mighty COTW ruler?

...Hello?

Our king seems to be unavailable for the time being, so I will have to pick a car.

It's the...

rzr-jpg.596894

2015 Polaris RZR XP 1000 EPS!
Try saying that ten times really fast.

Our weekly time trial will be at Ocean View Trail at the Twelve Apostles. It's the very first exhibition route for Byron Bay, so you can't miss it. If you don't know how to access it outside of a race, you can access it through the "Rivals" tab and then picking "Festival routes". Send me your best times via pictures and private messaging here! Remember, Stock only for the Time Trials.

Previous cars:
Week 1: 2015 Polaris RZR XP 1000 EPS
Week 2: 1987 Ferrari F40
Week 3: 2014 HSV Limited Edition GEN-F GTS Maloo
Week 4: 1991 BMW M3 (E30)
Week 5: Koenigsegg One:1
Week 6: 2012 Infiniti IPL G Coupe
Week 7: 1993 Renault Clio Williams
Week 8: 2013 Ford Shelby Raptor
Week 9: 2012 Lotus Exige
Week 10: 2011 BMW X5 M
Week 11: 1986 Audi #2 Sport Quattro S1
Week 12: 1988 Lamborghini Jalpa
Week 13: 1970 AMC Rebel "The Machine"
Week 14: 2016 Abarth 695 Biposto
Week 15: 1975 Fiat X1/9
Week 16: 2016 Ariel Nomad
Week 17: 1966 Chevrolet Nova SS
Week 18: 1967 Lola T70 MKIIIB
Week 19: 2014 Terradyne Gurkha LAPV
Week 20: 1995 Ferrari F50 + 2017 Tamo Racemo
Week 21: 1992 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
Week 22: 1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR4
Week 23: 1946 Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon
Week 24: 1995 Audi RS2 Avant
Week 25: 1969 Datsun 2000 Roadster
Week 26: 1968 Lancia Fulvia Coupe Rallye 1.6 HF
Week 27: 2014 Ford Fiesta ST
Week 28: 2009 Honda S2000 CR
Week 29: 1980 Abarth Fiat 131
Week 30: 1992 Bugatti EB110
Week 31: 1956 Ford F100
Week 32: 1986 Lamborghini LM002
Week 33: 1970 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
Week 34: 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
Week 35: 1969 Dodge Charger R/T
Week 36: 2003 Nissan Fairlady Z
Week 37: 1994 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta
Week 38: 1969 Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe + 723 Quartz Regalia
Week 39: 1977 Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Week 40: 1972 Reliant Supervan III
Week 41: 1997 Lamborghini Diablo SV
Week 42: 2015 Baldwin Motorsports #97 Monster Energy Trophy Truck
Week 43: 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air
Week 44: 2015 Chevy Corvette C7 ZO6
Week 45: 1992 Lancia Delta HF Integrale EVO
Week 46: 1996 Subaru SVX
Week 47: 1995 BMW M5
Week 48: 2011 Ford Transit SuperSportVan
Week 49: 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Week 50: 2016 Lamborghini Centenario LP 770-4
Week 51: 1979 Opel Kadett C GT/E

Last edited:
I've got some time tomorrow so I'll do a run in the stock version :)

When upgraded to A/800 it's one of my strongest off-road cars. Acceleration is through the roof despite only having one gear, and the short wheelbase means it can change direction quickly. On top of that it has big tyres and a decent amount of suspension travel, so bumps and water splashes don't bother it at all. The treadeoff for all of this is a fairly low top speed but if you put this car on any short layout it won't be beaten with ease.

SO here's my two cents on the Polaris.

It's an excellent little ATV car that can punch above its power and weight. Like @PJTierney said, it's a monster at A/800 and a few people on the Relaxed chat have mentioned it becoming their main rally vehicle. I don't blame them. Even stock, it takes bumps extremely well and doesn't want to go out of control like some other cars rallyfighter...

I give it a Sleeper rating.

Also, so far, I only have one entry in the Time Trial! I'm looking forward to seeing who can claim the throne of Polaris king...if @McClarenDesign doesn't beat them to it.

I'll be giving this a try later today when I get home, and see how I do. I've never even driven it, outside of the showcase event, and it seemed glued to the dirt there.

Just ran this, any way to view your own time and see the car details at the same time to screenshot?

You should be able to see the result at the end of the run, NL.

Edit: And you could also check the leaderboards like @PJTierney did.

Last edited:
You should be able to see the result at the end of the run, NL.
Did screenshot those, but they don't mention the class and PI or even the car. :lol: So you'll have to take my word for it that I really did it using that car (not that my time will be anywhere near fastest, but ok :D).

Did screenshot those, but they don't mention the class and PI or even the car. :lol: So you'll have to take my word for it that I really did it using that car (not that my time will be anywhere near fastest, but ok :D).
I can take your word for it, but if you finish a rivals event, it should show you a screen with your time and your rival's time immediately after crossing the line.

Before you select the track you should be able to view the leaderboards which should give you all the information.

There we go. Apparently I bought the Rockstar Edition instead of the regular one, but specs are identical, hope that's ok.

Forza Horizon 3 18-10-2016 21_05_14.png

He nails it on the beach, always ends up in front of me. Good exit at the sharp lefthander too and he's very smooth so doesn't bleed a lot of speed.

It took a couple of tries but there are 2 places where I found some time. The beach, stay close to the water. The sand is harder and you can Go faster. The second one is the sharp lefthander, keep it smooth and don't lift of. The car can go flatout all the way.

He nails it on the beach, always ends up in front of me. Good exit at the sharp lefthander too and he's very smooth so doesn't bleed a lot of speed.

I use auto gears and the Xbox controller. I was surprised how smooth one can give input. Not sure if I manage to improve that one.

What do you guys think of the RZR, @doblocruiser and @NLxAROSA?

It is a very stable fun little car but it lacks a bit of performance on the chosen track. It is nice to drive and easy to control even with its short wheelbase 👍 . Much better than my offroad choices so far. Will definitely use it for some offroad races :) *Sleeper

Last edited:
I ran a 2:21.742 on my second try. Like I said, the car's a sleeper.

Which brings me to my big subject now: What day of the week do you guys want me to host COTW races?

10-19-2016_1-00-20_AM.png

2:22:609

Best that I could do. Definitely a sleeper. Fun ATV to drive.

Here's my best time on the Ocean View Trail. It's an interesting vehicle to drive. That CVT makes it sound odd since the engine just drones along at one speed the whole time. You're not even aware of how fast you're going until you look at your speedometer.

Back