Beater or Sleeper? FH3 Edition! Thanks for coming.

• Thread starter Obelisk
  • 573 comments
Aw man, the Woody stock is probably one of the most boring cars to drive in Horizon 3. :lol:

Edit: so I did a few runs and the best I could muster is a 3:18.955. I don't really know what to say about this car other than the obvious (SLOW, handles like a cruise ship).

Hope the second to last corner I took isn't considered too off course.

GetPhoto.ashx(50).jpg

GetPhoto.ashx(51).jpg

Last edited:
EEEWWW just kidding, it's such a cool looking car and at least it's so awful to drive that it's an interesting challenge. I'll try to post a time and a DVR clip tonight.

BTW, I have a D-Class tune for this that's in my storefront that is capable of top 20 leaderboard times and is a hoot to drive on cross country courses. It's saved as SLP RIVALS BEAST if anybody wants to check it out on their own time.

I am not going to impress anyone with my times this week. But then again, do I ever?

If the handling and physics engine in Horizon was much more realistic like in Motorsports, just imagine how much worse this car would handle. Realistically this is a beater, but I have too much respect for the old cars to call it that. In 1946, if you wanted to go fast, you bought a '32 Ford roadster, filled the engine bay up with hop up parts and took everything off it that didn't make it go faster. You didn't buy a woody wagon. Now if only they would let us throw a couple surf boards in the back and head to the beach in Surfers Paradise so we could put the name to test.

I have been trying to push this wagon around trying to beat my previous time and I just haven't cracked it yet. It seems how fast your time is lies completely in the 2 90-degree corners you actually have to hit the brakes for.

It seems how fast your time is lies completely in the 2 90-degree corners you actually have to hit the brakes for.

No kidding. Really the biggest challenge is deciding whether or not you want to do another whole crawl through the course just to (maybe) nail those corners.

I ran a 3:17:484 BUT I swung wide coming out of the town before charging up the worst hill in the world which slowed my rocketship from 80-something down to 63. Poor old thing.

Best lap where I stayed ON the track the whole time was 3:18:901. I forgot to DVR it but who really cares to watch 3 minutes of someone else driving another wooden boat up a hill slowly

First run I gave up as I felt I had strayed too far off course leaving the town.

Second run felt better and managed to really get what little power the Woody had out and fully use it. :)

In terms of it being a sleeper or not, it's no performance car, but it is a great cruise and show car.

Low on speed, high on style, I think a Neutral verdict is in order. :P

Sorry about that. Decided to spend my Tuesday and Wednesday agonizing over life stuff.

Let's see who was fastest in this Veyron-killing Ford.

Congrats, @Vic Reign93!
Vic Reign: 3:14.995
Peacock: 3:18.699
Populuxe Cowboy: 3:18.899
SLP950: 3:18.901
Bastet: 3:18.955

And this week's winner is...

Congrats, @xXPeacockXx!

I'd quote him here, but all I got out of him was the car name followed by NASA-related engineer squawks. (In other words, I messaged him on Kik while we were discussing something else)

So this week's car is...

GetPhoto (2).jpg

It's the 1995 Audi RS2 Avant!

This week's time trial, as requested by our winner, will be at the East Bridge Scramble in Byron Bay!

Avant Garde!

Are we sure that @Vic Reign93 is a human? I mean as anyone actually seen him?

I may be proven wrong, but I suspect he may be an alien robot from the future sent to destroy us in Forza by utterly crushing any feeble attempts we make at setting fast times.

Just a theory.
@xXPeacockXx might have an answer. He does have a degree in aeronautical engineering, after all. He'd know about aliens.

There is a double-apex right-hander on the back side of the track that was being difficult, but I finally got my lap times under a minute. (Which I know won't be enough.)

I like Audis. I like station wagons. I like this Audi station wagon. Quick, agile, really fun to toss around. Sleeper.

:D:lol:

But on the subject of the Audi RS2, it was Built in collaboration with Porsche which given that it was recently announced that Audi and Porsche are teaming up again to streamline car development for the two companies makes this car quite the topically relavant choice to review. 👍

Another ace in the RS2's deck is its acceleration from 0 to 30mph, Autocar ran the RS2 when it was released from 0 to 30mph in just 1.5 seconds which they checked and confirmed to be quicker than the Mclaren F1 and even Jacques Villeneuve's F1 race car of the time. :eek:

And yet it could also be used everyday and still be a practical family car as well.

Quite the car you would say. ;)

Verdict: Sleeper 👍

I still remember the issue of Performance Car where the RS2 was given a first drive. In the bright blue colour, it looked magical. The 993 aping mirrors and wheels elevated it to special status in my mind.

:D:lol:

But on the subject of the Audi RS2, it was Built in collaboration with Porsche which given that it was recently announced that Audi and Porsche are teaming up again to streamline car development for the two companies makes this car quite the topically relavant choice to review. 👍

Another ace in the RS2's deck is its acceleration from 0 to 30mph, Autocar ran the RS2 when it was released from 0 to 30mph in just 1.5 seconds which they checked and confirmed to be quicker than the Mclaren F1 and even Jacques Villeneuve's F1 race car of the time. :eek:

And yet it could also be used everyday and still be a practical family car as well.

Quite the car you would say. ;)

Verdict: Sleeper 👍

Hey, Vic. On your last lap, you cut too far over on two of the checkpoints. Do you think you can try again? 👍

Hey, Vic. On your last lap, you cut too far over on two of the checkpoints. Do you think you can try again? 👍

Just noticed after editing the run that the effect I picked blocks the speedometer. :dunce:

But hopefully this'll be clean enough to be eligible. :)

Back