Beater or Sleeper? FH4 COTW! - Week 34: Third GT's the charm!

• Thread starter Obelisk
  • 148 comments
I’m already following you though and looking at your Creative Hub just favourited / downloaded the tune but still the same

Have you got 13 shared Blueprints? If you have 14 I’ll leave till tomorrow

I’m already following you though and looking at your Creative Hub just favourited / downloaded the tune but still the same

Have you got 13 shared Blueprints? If you have 14 I’ll leave till tomorrow
I just looked at my Creative Hub. You're right. :irked:

Let me get this fixed.

1C0E7C6D-EECA-4BF2-893D-8C51D7F60A25.jpeg

After dragging myself away from Fortune Island, I got the Caddy and threw down this time. :P

While the Caddy is heavy and the first few gears are short, it does get up to speed rather decently courtesy of the C7 Z06’s Supercharged V8.

It is in essence a 4 door Corvette and a suitable rival for the power mad Charger Hellcat. 👍

Verdict: Sleeper ;)👍

ctsvlol.png

Spent way too much time sawing at the wheel to keep the back in. Half of me wants to call it a beater because it's just kind of awful to handle in stock form, and the other half is very uncertain.

Neutral.

This is a four-wheeled long nose Patriot Missile designed for tire vaporization, so to drive it fast, it takes genuine throttle discipline above all else. The handling belies the (somewhat improbable) heft, and once you can get it set, it sticks with authority.

Until you press the loud pedal. ;)

Verdict: The CTS-V is a wildly versatile car in the Forza Hooniverse, in which it can be tailor made to deliver any experience you want, though its real home is certainly sideways/pinned/smoke billowing out of the rear wheelwells. People complain about them and they typically sell for about an eighth of their price in the auction house, probably never given a fair shot to shine. Sleeper, all day.

I just wish I could be this abusive to my real life one :lol:

Attachments

• 1215181418.jpg
    1215181418.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 15
Gave this one a go a couple of days ago. The car's much more to my liking compared to the Ascari last week (which I also tried, but forgot to post my time :ouch:). A rather challenging car to drive fast, but I like that :D

Almu89_ForzaHorizon4_BoS.png

Beater or sleeper? I'd say neither, but it's definitely closer to being a sleeper...

Forza Horizon 4 Screenshot 2018.12.17 - 17.54.41.55.png

Not the largest fan of the Caddy but it is very fast, mostly in a straight line that is. Likes to slide a lot with some assistance of the accelerator (Fine all from it), when you do feather the throttle though for its size it does handle pretty well, I want to say sleeper but its aggressive looks and bold stats it wasn't too much of a surprise how it drives but it's definitely not a beater! Neutral it is!

qmQP9rx.jpg

Neutral.
The car did exactly what I expected from a powerful luxury car: Sliding everywhere and a lot of load to throw around. Not my favorite kind of handling.
But it looks cool :)

Off topic question:
What are your controls? I'm using a PS3 controller on PC. Very hard to be easy on the throttle. I wasn't any faster with TCS or ABS on.

Last edited:
Off topic question:
What are your controls? I'm using a PS3 controller on PC. Very hard to be easy on the throttle. I wasn't any faster with TCS or ABS on.
Thrustmaster T150 here, no assists except braking line only.

8CAA8CCB-FAD8-4191-950F-EFCCA2588EC3.jpeg

Thought I try and improve my original time after @Sutuki chopped a few seconds off my old time. :P

I did actually break into the 54’s, but I used a little too much of the kerbs for it to be considered a legitimate time. :lol:

It would seem I'm unable to locate my images for this week's announcement...

What a lively week! We got quite a bit of competition with this Patriot Missile on wheels. Who won, though?

Congrats, @Sutuki!
Sutuki: 2:55.159
Vic Reign93: 2:55.476
Thomas2012: 2:57.727
Obelisk: 2:59.476
Rv650: 3:00.255
Jetboy.: 3:02.951

A bloody impressive pace set by Sutuki, with fierce competition from Vic Reign. Seems like we're gonna have a war of the aliens in this thread soon! :lol:

Speaking of fast, let's move on to our next car.

He didn't get to post a time this week, but...
Congrats, @FastBud!

He picked an impressive and pricey beast for us to tackle this week. It's the...

191985.jpg

Image from CarBuzz.
2010 Aston Martin One-77!

Weighing on the wallet with a whopping $1.4 million dollar price tag in Horizon 4, this British sports car came with only 77 models produced...At least until one was written off in an accident. Only 76 of these cars remain in the real world. These expensive chunks of British power come with 7.3 liter V12s cranking out a whopping 750 HP! :eek:

This week, we'll be running this exceedingly rare machine around a custom course starting at Derwent Lakeside Sprint in a one-make Blueprint (hey, I figured out how to lock it to a specific model!) that is essentially an extended version of the original course.

But, last week a new DLC arrived. With it comes fortune, mountain passes and dangerous weather. Yep, Fortune Island arrived to Horizon and the bunch of us who have it get to run a car there as a bonus.

Our bonus car, chosen by yours truly, is the...

latest

Image from Forza Wiki.
2017 RAM REBEL TRX CONCEPT!

A beefed up version of the RAM we all know and hate love was brought with the DLC as the starter car, and we're gonna rag it around to see if it's worth using on the Island.

The TRX's trial will be taking place at a custom course at the Fortune's Folly Trail starting point. Can this truck weather the weather and bring you good fortune?

I'll have to pass on this one. I don't have the AM yet and need te save my money for the castles. I don't have Fortune Island neither.

I took my Momo Steering wheel for a quick spin with the Caddy and managed a 2.58.

I'll have to pass on this one. I don't have the AM yet and need te save my money for the castles. I don't have Fortune Island neither.
That's perfectly understandable. You can try the AM at the Batham Street Race rivals event if you want! It's provided for you there.

Damn, it appears the old ham-fisted driving that used to serve me so well in GT4 doesn't work anymore :indiff:. Crazy week, crazier times. Should have thrown some more time at it :lol: Congrats to Sutuki :cheers:

84E91CBE-F1DB-4742-A785-55EDA9441E83.jpeg

The One-77 is about what I expected from it, good sound, decent grip and great straight line speed, can’t really fault it to be honest, aside from the price tag of course. :sly:

Verdict: Neutral(But if you have the means, pick one up. 👍)

And the Rebel(Without a cause.:P)

6D4C6D18-26E6-4D96-AA4D-71C9BBF222E5.jpeg

Despite running a detuned Hellcat engine with only 575hp to the normal 707hp, the Rebel was well suited to the dirt roads of Fortune Island.

Despite its weight, the gearing kept it in the powerband and moving quickly and the huge off-road tyres dug in and got it turned into corners with surprising agility.

The Rebel TRX is a good off road in general, but is also a great base for a more extreme off road build for S1 Class for example.

All in all, a solid starter car for Fortune Island. :)

Verdict: Sleeper ;)👍

Hi everyone.

It's certainly a wonderful time of the year, isn't it? Snow, Christmas trees, family, presents...

It's also an incredibly busy time of the year. As such, I'm extending this week's time trials by a week and also delaying the next car by a week so everyond has a chance to settle back down and catch up!

See you all in the new year.

24 hour reminder for this week's cars!

Happy new years to all - let's bring out the best of the Festival in 2019.

@Obelisk is a little tied up right now so he’s once again asked me to step in and announce this weeks car, he’ll sort out the times and such. :)

So this weeks car is a cheap one, but does that mean it’s gonna be cheerful?

It is...

8A2E07F1-B0CC-48FB-8738-80FC55A06D45.png

The 1991 Honda CR-X SIR!!!

While 20k in game is dirt cheap, in reality they are even cheaper with prices anywhere from 5-10k for decent low mile examples and whole lot less for more... weathered examples. :sly:

With the top spec SIR model you got a 158hp,1.6 VTEC 4 banger with also 112 ft-lbs of torque, which was sent to the front via a 5 speed manual gearbox.

While not powerful, it only weighs 2,161lbs so it should feel light on its feet at this weeks track, which uses the Glen Rannoch Cross Country starting point. 👍

Keep the taped on body kits and the spray away from the cars this week, we run a classy joint here. :lol:

Best of luck people 👍

97D45062-7A99-4F8E-917E-96E5D29011A9.jpeg

First off, Snowy off road sections + low power front wheel drive with no differential = a whole lot of spinning and not a lot of winning. :P

But that said, When it had traction, it was well behaved through the turns for what it has for tyres.

The lack of torque meant I had to stab at the clutch right at the start to get it moving, but once you got going and kept the revs up it’ll get along just fine. :P

The uphill section was rough, but the downhill section was neat with a low kerb weight car. :D

If you like a cheap sporty honda that isn’t a Type R, it’ll do nicely, just don’t throw on the body kit. :crazy:

Verdict: Sleeper 👍

I had a try yesterday too and loved it on the road sections. Perfect handling and high revs. :)

Only had one try with controller. Got 5.19.xxx.

This was the car I had in mind for COTW. :)

Sleeper

Dear Past Me,

Why did you make this event a midnight blizzard.

You can't see the road, Past Me.

upload_2019-1-7_21-54-30.png

Car is a Sleeper, the driver needs some sleep.

Also, 22 hour reminder to get times in.

Bit of a kerfuffle regarding zombies on my end delayed this. Mea culpa.

Anyways, how did we do this week?

Congrats, @Vic Reign93!
Vic Reign: 5:13.464
Obelisk: 5:26.461

Oh. Um. Pretend I didn't lose horribly.

So this week's car, provided graciously to us by @Rv650 is the...

Audi%20RS2%20(39).JPG

1995 Audi RS2 Avant!

A bonafide example of the bonkers wagons Audi was pumping out right before Y2K came crashing along, the RS2 is a beast in its own right. But will it hold up, 23 years later?

To find out, our time trial this week is an offroad and onroad trek starting at City Outskirts Cross Country!

B6A2B47B-9B1A-4639-A0D7-FC4B045468BC.jpeg

There’s more to the RS2 Avant than just being a pretty sweet estate car, it’s got a few fun facts about it I saw during my research on it.

While it is an Audi, Porsche had a hand in a quite a few parts, mainly assembly and the engine.

After the Mercedes Benz 500E was discontinued(Porsche assisted with that too.), Porsche used the assembly plant that it was made in to assemble the RS2 Avant(Same plant that they also made the 959 in too.;))

Like mentioned before, they also modified the 2.2 turbo 5 cylinder with a bigger turbo, upgraded intercooler, camshaft, fuel injectors(among other things) to get up to 311hp.

0-60mph was clocked at 4.8 seconds, but it’s 0-30mph time of 1.5 seconds is the real stand out stat.

Why you may ask? That number as tested by Autocar was not only faster than a Mclaren F1’s time, but also Jacques Villeneure F1 car of that year. :eek:

Pretty damn good for a 1.6 ton, 311hp estate car from the mid 90’s. :D

As for how it drove, pretty solid despite the expected Audi understeer as Audi still liked mounting its engine so far forward it’s pretty much in front of the headlights. :lol:

But in all seriousness, brakes were decent, gripped well in the snowy weather and the 5 cylinder soundtrack is always a pleasure to hear. :drool:

And for the Americans it’s good news as the ‘94 models will soon be eligible for import under the 25 year rule as they started production in March 1994. ;)

Verdict: Sleeper 👍

Back