Before I pull my hair out

deimos256
I was reading the thread about saving and transferring photos and replays, but its so long and goes back and forth that i cant decipher it so hopefully someone can give me a straight answer, here goes....

I have the following

- PS2
- Computer
- Action Replay Max, which incldues the software, a media creator disk, and manual.
- A 1 gig Ipod with usb cable, which i have read is a suitable usb storage device.
- Tourist Trophy and GT4 both with VERY complete saves

Ok based on this what can i get accomplished, I have been thinking of getting a usb flash drive, what more/ less can I do with that??

I appreciate any feedback as i really want to view replays and get some photos out there, but that thread was just driving me in circles.

the usb flash drive will only: transfer replays to/from your pc and transfer pictures. since i dont have an arm, i cant tell you what you can get with that, but, try plugin your ipod in and try saving a picture or transfering a replay to it. if that works, you dont need a flash drive.

Well I haven't transfered a video yet because all I have is a PSP, and I don't really know what a "Action Replay Max" even is. But I can tell you how to upload pictures if that's what you're wondering.

I assume you already know how to work Photo Mode and how to take a picture.
To save it, first make sure you have your ipod or flash drive plugged in, then once you have pressed X to take the picture and the picture goes full screen press start to save it. A menu will pop up asking whether to save to "memory card 1," "memory card 2," or "USB flash drive." Select USB then press X to save. It should upload.
**I should also mention to make sure the photos are set to "super fine" in the Options menu under "Photo Lab" (I think) for the highest quality pics.
Then to get it on your computer just plug in your ipod and transfer the files (drag+drop) to whatever folder you want.
Hope that helps.

As far as video replays, I wouldn't mind knowing if it is at all possible to upload to a PSP, and also how to convert the .dat file to .mpeg or .mov.

trussii - you cant convert the .dat to a .mov/etc. but, if you can upload pictures to your psp, then, i dont see why you wouldnt be able to store replays. just go to replay threatre and select transfer replay to usb device. it may work or it may not, worth a shot though :)

[empty space]
the usb flash drive will only: transfer replays to/from your pc and transfer pictures. since i dont have an arm, i cant tell you what you can get with that, but, try plugin your ipod in and try saving a picture or transfering a replay to it. if that works, you dont need a flash drive.
how the hell do you play without a arm?!(if u do play that is) prothstetics?

[empty space]
trussii - you cant convert the .dat to a .mov/etc. but, if you can upload pictures to your psp, then, i dont see why you wouldnt be able to store replays. just go to replay threatre and select transfer replay to usb device. it may work or it may not, worth a shot though :)

Well, I gave it a shot and turns out you can transfer replays with the PSP, even though I was told elsewhere that you couldn't.

[empty space], If you can't convert the .dat file how do people post their replays on Youtube and Putfile, etc.?

Trussii651
Well, I gave it a shot and turns out you can transfer replays with the PSP, even though I was told elsewhere that you couldn't.

[empty space], If you can't convert the .dat file how do people post their replays on Youtube and Putfile, etc.?

video capture cards for pc is one way.

ok if i download a replay in .dat format how do i convert it to .max cuz if i put a .dat on my flashdrive it doesnt show up in ARmax, i have tried explaining this in about 3 different threads and no one answered and i see alot of replays in .dat format so there must be a way

why are you trying to put it on your ARmax if its already on the flash drive? .dat is the format the game saves the replay onto the flash drive. once its on the flash drive, just plug it into the ps2 and upload it to the ps2 from the flashdrive. to upload onto your ps2, go into replay theatre on the main screen and select the second from bottum icon (read usb to memory card?)

just place the replay you downloaded onto the flash drive in a folder called "PDI" then upload to your ps2 :)

Back