Beginners questions about disc vs download.

• Thread starter randys
  • 4 comments
Hi, I have always used a disc. Forza 7 or GT, etc.

I recently was advised to get Horizon 2 for free online and did, and so now I am wondering:

1. If you do not get a disc and go with a download, can you play the NON multiplayer/live parts of the game if you are not connected to the internet?

2. If you have a disc or are using a download is there a way to permanently load the tracks so you dont have to do it each time you race?

Thanks...

1. If you do not get a disc and go with a download, can you play the NON multiplayer/live parts of the game if you are not connected to the internet?
Yes you can. I haven't ran into an issue while playing with no internet connection so far. My library is almost exclusively Digital Downloads.

2. If you have a disc or are using a download is there a way to permanently load the tracks so you dont have to do it each time you race?
Nope, that's something that would have to be done each time you play. That would be impossible to do I think unless the game was actually running in real time in all aspects. That would never work as there are millions of people.

If you have a disc or are using a download is there a way to permanently load the tracks so you dont have to do it each time you race?

Updating the game will permanently load all the game data to your HDD.
That minute or two wait to load the track is the game loading the track from your HDD to the system RAM. Only way to shorten it is to get a faster Drive like an SSD.

Back