Behind the Scenes of Gran Turismo 7’s Tomica Town Photo Scapes

• Thread starter Famine
  • 22 comments
Scapes has been thoroughly enjoyable, but I hope Polyphony looks into bringing back photo travel someday. There was just this charm about that mode in which scapes hasn't been able to replicate.

Last edited:
I hope Polyphony looks into bringing back photo travel
Seems like it's going to be the case. One of the Photo Travel locations from Gran Turismo 5 makes a return in one of the car collection history cutscenes.

Not to mention the cafe area, the dealership locations, and the Sport Mode building all seem to be ripe for it themselves.

They made this because of the lockdown. Why not give it to us sooner, during the lockdown in GT Sport? :mad:

Why am I so worked up about it? Because I'm having too much fun with it. Can't help myself. :lol:

960d139b12d3d2976be60556d71111e2_photo.webp

I collect TOMICA models casually, have done so for years. Such a pleasant surprise to see a Scapes location themed around TOMICA Town! GT7 may have a plethora of issues, but Scapes, and photography in general, have been consistently one of the high points of the game.

If the photos were shot at the height of travel restrictions in 2020, I find its release timing last month a little too coincidental, lining up with FH5's Hot Wheels expansion... I really hope PD stops taking the game so seriously and give us some more light hearted content like this, because GT7 feels very sterile for me right now with all the e-sports focused assets carried over from GTS.

To people saying they were sitting on it -
That may be true, but, they just launched the Tomica branded Super Silhouette Skyline - maybe it wasn't a case of holding off for drip feeding but a case of holding off until that model was ready to go.

To people saying they were sitting on it -
That may be true, but, they just launched the Tomica branded Super Silhouette Skyline - maybe it wasn't a case of holding off for drip feeding but a case of holding off until that model was ready to go.
This is one of those unique things about polyphony digital, what other game company would do something this niche?

Back