Bertone Vision Gran Turismo in Jeopardy?

• Thread starter Giygas
  • 52 comments
Wasnt really expecting anything anyways, we've had no new VGT since release anyways. (That new Mercedes doesn't count, it's silly)

Geneva Motor Show ends in a few hours, so there probably won't be a big reveal there.
I'm seriously concerned about all of these VGT cars, they were one of the main deciding factors that made me buy GT6 AE as soon as I could, and now we haven't heard anything about any of them, like the rest of GT6's promised features. (Bertone was one of the ones I was most looking forward to :() It's safe to say that until further notice, the VGT Project (and many other GT6 features) are in jeapordy. This leads to a few possible scenarios:

1. Once GT6 finally starts to gain a little traction around May, VGT cars will start coming out every week or fortnight (which would make sense because there's at least 26 more to go) 👍
2. GT6 is hibernating and will wake up much later this year with a gigantic 2.0 update, containing most/all of the VGT cars, course maker, Senna content etc. :D 👍
3. (which I dread) PD is pouring all of their time and resources into making GT7, and every major "coming soon" feature for GT6 will never actually happen. :nervous:
4. Each one of the cartisans at PD is working on sculpting a VGT car by themselves, but none of them are ready yet since it takes a fair few months to model the car.
5. Manufacturers haven't been communicating well with PD (or vice-versa) and this isn't going anywhere fast, but maybe we'll get a few more.
6. They've got another VGT ready to drive, but are holding it back for the Zahara update.
Bertone-Vision-Gran-Turismo-Concept-design-sketch-preview-720x405.jpg

Last edited:
Probably PD will take the first sketch and then model it, even though Bertone is dead now. That's a very likely theory to get this car into GT6.

Aren't all VGT cars in jeopardy? It's not like we've seen or heard about any of them in 3 months.
Another slight exaggeration? We heard about the Nissan one only a few weeks ago, also the Aston Martin VGT and even Mini are eager to get in on the action - these are all VGTs we've heard something about, also a lot more recently than three months ago.

Get them facts straight.

Wasnt really expecting anything anyways, we've had no new VGT since release anyways. (That new Mercedes doesn't count, it's silly)
Am I living in an alternative universe to you guys? I distinctly remember a VW VGT and a Mitsubishi one too...or was that one just a concept?

Another slight exaggeration? We heard about the Nissan one only a few weeks ago, also the Aston Martin VGT and even Mini are eager to get in on the action - these are all VGTs we've heard something about, also a lot more recently than three months ago.

Get them facts straight.

Am I living in an alternative universe to you guys? I distinctly remember a VW VGT and a Mitsubishi one too...or was that one just a concept?

Lol, you're responding from posts that are three months old.

Get them facts straight.

Look at the dates of the posts you're responding to.

Get them facts straight.

genius-meme.png

Lol, you're responding from posts that are three months old.
Ahh, the perils of posting after a long and arduous night-shift...a fair cop.

Look at the dates of the posts you're responding to.
See above, yet somehow already pointed out forty minutes before you decided to hit the reply...

...and weighing in at a staggering one hour and forty minutes after the first to point out my faux pas - seems you are a bit of a genius yourself...

jeopardy-junior-edition-usa.png

Let's try Looney Tunes for $100
Sorry, I don't understand the reference, but I'm guessing it's to do with the above...and amost fours hours after the first too.

Well, back to Bertone news. They are now officially, definitely bankrupt, and nobody wants to buy them. I'm still confident that the Bertone VGT will be released, the only thing I see stopping it would be legal issues concerning the ownership of the Bertone name, but even that is still safe until the end of this year. Bertone's designers have probably already made a CAD model (or at the very least, plenty of sketches) for Polyphony to work from.

Ahh, the perils of posting after a long and arduous night-shift...a fair cop.

See above, yet somehow already pointed out forty minutes before you decided to hit the reply...

...and weighing in at a staggering one hour and forty minutes after the first to point out my faux pas - seems you are a bit of a genius yourself...

Sorry, I don't understand the reference, but I'm guessing it's to do with the above...and amost fours hours after the first too.

Finally!

You replied at time! :lol:

Bertone Vision GT in Jeopardy... That's odd - I can't find Jeopardy on any map otherwise I might go there to see it...

(Apologies to anyone who doesn't get the joke).

Sad to see Bertone go down but don't think a massive surprise. In the end if we lose out on a car it's a shame but got to keep it in context, people are losing their jobs and all, as a result, which is much more important in the grand scheme of things. Fingers crossed for those people directly affected by this.

Well, back to Bertone news. They are now officially, definitely bankrupt, and nobody wants to buy them. I'm still confident that the Bertone VGT will be released, the only thing I see stopping it would be legal issues concerning the ownership of the Bertone name, but even that is still safe until the end of this year. Bertone's designers have probably already made a CAD model (or at the very least, plenty of sketches) for Polyphony to work from.
Hang on a second.

I heard this type of news since late 2000s. I think it was on Autocar magazine. They bring up many galeries of Bertones cars. The headline was "Bertone in memoriam". Also the news text states this company is bankrupt.

I still shocked on how they even got its company on VGT and still shows car designs at Goodwood. Well maybe its over for good.

I'm so thankful to Bertone for the '78 Fiat X1/9. Many, many, years of wonderful driving in a car which looked good, had phenomenal gas milage for it's time. The car was nothing less than my, and my sister's, best friend day in and day out for the first 15 years of it's life. The only thing I might have changed? Putting two Webber down drafters under the FAZA formula snorkel I got while living in Florida... ah well...

I'd love to see the VGT - it would be a wonderful gift.

Thank you, I do understand it's a TV show; however, seeing as I haven't watched much TV during the past forty years, I don't really get the references within that show - the stuff that makes it work. Perhaps that is clearer now.

As for the VGT - there should be nothing stopping PD bringing it out in GT6, assuming the design has been completed. I'm sure that a contract allowing its use in GT6 had already been drawn up...especially in view of the length of time the situation has been teetering there.

Finally!
You replied at time! :lol:
Well, I had to get back from the 19th dimension first...

Last edited:
I heard this type of news since late 2000s. I think it was on Autocar magazine. They bring up many galeries of Bertones cars. The headline was "Bertone in memoriam". Also the news text states this company is bankrupt.
Bertone the Automobile Manufacturer went bankrupt in 2009, and Fiat bought almost all of the important bits. Bertone the Pieces His Wife Kept Together limped along for five more years, basically doing nothing but having people come in to turn the lights on at the Bertone museum.

What a fascinating story behind Bertone and the teaser design is arguable one of the more attractive (Flamboyant) of the bunch.

Back