Best and Worst Football Uniforms (Pro and College)

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 19 comments

JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
GTPlanet, if you're going to play some American football, you can if you have the talent and athletic prowess. But outside of how well a team is compared to others in conference and in the nation, why not look good in a cool outfit? Much like I had a thread in the "Drifting and Other Motorsports" forum on the best ever paintschemes, this is about the best and worst uniforms. Best uiniforms- which uniform package will be cool-looking? Maybe it has an appealing look and just looks good to the ones who wear the uniforms. Perhaps it is a uniform style unique to that team or just sets itself apart from other teams. Worst uniforms- which uniform package looks horrid, even to a drunkard? A kindergartener with a bunch of Crayola crayons can design a football uniform better than anyone else.

Now GTPlanet, this is about the best and worst uniforms in the NFL, and in NCAA Football. If you have pictures to share to state your point, then use some pictures. It's optional, so don't think they are required. I'll start off with my picks.

In terms of best uniforms, I think in college, I like USC (Southern California)'s uniforms, Texas A&M, Miami (FL), I even like Michigan's blue and maize. I even sort of like the Clemson Tigers' colors. * Now to the NFL. I like the green the Philadelphia Eagles sport, the Minnesota Vikings, the St. Louis Rams, the Oakland Raiders, and I'll even give my struggling hometown team a holla' back- the Houston Texans. Some think (I'm expecting some real negative reactions) the Cincinatti Bengals uniforms are horrible, but I don't think they look too bad.

In terms of the worst uniforms, my college picks are easy. Syracuse and Oregon are no-brainers. Light blue and orange are done right with Boise State, but not with the Orange. Oregon is like, #1 in the nation in ugly uniforms. Green and yellow are their colors, but the way they look makes you think if the uniform designers got high when designing the uniforms. NFL now. Some of my least favorite uniforms are Tampa Bay, but only their pants color. I like Seattle as a team, but I don't really like that bluish-gray color. To me, I'd change the blue to something like a rich, deep blue color.

You can include alternative uniform colors, as well as throwback uniforms. Reply on.

Oregon has some pretty fresh colors. They're different, not ugly.

Ugliest uniforms ever are the Jets's uniforms in the early 90's; they had the solid green helmets, then. Primo uglio, mayne. Minnesota Gophers's uniforms are bad, and the Cleveland Browns (doodoo Brown) are lame, too. The old Denver uniforms sucked. The Dallas Cowboys have horrible uniforms. I hate the cowboys.

Anyway, as far as pretty uniforms are concerned:
The dolphins, FSU, UM, Chargers, Patriots (even though I hate them, their uniforms are appealing), steelers, All-black Jaguars, The old giants (when it read, "Giants" on the helmet. Those uniforms were so goofily fresh), and the new Cardinals jerseys are all pretty fresh.

MY LIST

BEST:
-Rams, the Blue-Gold package. 👍
-Eagles, just perfect.
-VT, nice jersey with the candy paint on the helmet.
-Patriots, just perfect
-Falcons, red and black.
-Michigan
-Lions, the new jerseys that they wear.
ill think of more...

WORST-
-Patriots, when they wore the Blue-Red jerseys with the Logo on both player's shoulders. EWWW
-49ers, EWW do something with those jerseys.
-Titans, plain jerseys.

You know, I tend to like the color of crimson to uniforms. Alabama and Oklahoma have two cool uniforms. Kind of have a (dare I say this) candy red effect, especially during night games. Texas Christian, the Mountain West Conference leaders, have a nice combo of indigo jerseys and black pants. One of my favorite colors is blue. People tend not to know how to diffrentiate purple from blue. For example, Northwestern and Kansas State are more of purple. Notre Dame, Michigan, Washington, Arizona, and Connecticut are more of blue. Another nice combo is green jerseys with black pants, that would go to the University of Hawaii, formerly called the Rainbow Warriors.

In the NFL, I'm not too fond of the Carolina Panther colors. The "Powder Blue Wrecking Crew" doesn't equate to a real stylish look, at least to my eyes. Clevland's colors are pretty dull to me. The Kansas City Chiefs has some nice uniforms.

Last season, San Diego had some throwback jerseys during one of their home games. I believe there was a combination of sky blue, white, and those yellow lightning bolts.

Carry on discussion!

The Chargers throwbacks are alright. I like their new ones more, though...when they have the blue pants and white jerseys.

What was with the college uniforms this week. I watched clips of the Miami game and thought I was watching clips of the South Florida game. They had on gold pants, and dark green jersey's. Plus the helmet was gold, with the hurricane warning flags on the side.

Please Miami! Bring back the U, lose the gold! What are you doing to my team!? As if I wasn't confused enough by going the University of South Florida instead of Miami!

Best football uniforms : FSU
Worst team jerseys : Miami

It really hurts to watch a game cause of Miami's uniforms. They really need to make some improvements.

Best football uniforms : FSU
Worst team jerseys : Miami

It really hurts to watch a game cause of Miami's uniforms. They really need to make some improvements.

Uh, which ones? The Dolphins or the U? If the Dolphins, you're crazy.

Player7996
I love Oregon's uniforms the bright colors are awesome.

Me too, I actually think Oregon's are pretty nice.

I'll go with the Raiders for the best looking jersey's in football. What's more intimidating than the black and silver?

Worst.....hmmm, well the Washington Huskies purple isn't what comes to mind when you think football.

Last edited:
Best:
apcacunrr_usc_notre_dame_1ac3n-lg.jpg

Worst:
broncos-throwback.jpg

/thread.

Don't you mean the Washington Huskies? Washington State is the Cougars, and they wear scarlet (or whatever red it is) and white, not purple and gold. Purple is definitely a color some good football teams wear. Think of teams like Louisiana State (LSU, of course), Winona State, Mount Union, and Wisconsin-Whitewater among good college football schools that wear purple. And of course, don't forget that purple team in the pros- the Minnesota Vikings.

Forgive the lad, he's from Canada. Purple is fine as a school color - Huskies have cool uniforms.

759887.jpg

There are some cool uniforms in the WAC:
Colin-Kaepernick.jpg

49854_1158348948_260_n.jpg

Still can't beat Notre Dame, though ;)

JohnBM01
Don't you mean the Washington Huskies? .

Woops.....haha yes blame that on me being Canadian. No I have a few friends at Washington on scholarships and I do know the difference I haven't got a clue why I wrote "state" after it. It's fixed. Yikes.
Oh and I don't like the Viking's jersey either so I still stand by my purple shouldn't be a football team's color. Black and silver like the Raiders or black and green with Hawaii are more like what I think a football team should be playing with.

Oh I have to agree with Notre Dame's too.

Last edited:
Florida+a+and+m.jpg
Florida A&M jersey looks terrible.

MICHIGAN-OHIO-STATE-FOOTBAL.jpg

Ohio State University's is by far the best College uniform.

But the best NFL jersey? Goes to the Redskins. Their Yellow Alternate Uniform:
skinsalternates0811b.jpg

JohnBM01
Think of teams like Louisiana State (LSU, of course), Winona State, Mount Union, and Wisconsin-Whitewater among good college football schools that wear purple.

You sure know your D3 schools there, John :lol:. I'd like to go ahead and put East Carolina in, seeing as we're pretty alright sometimes. 👍

I think Virginia Tech has the best uniforms; pretty, enough color and familiar design to be recognized, but plain enough to not hurt your eyes. I also like Southern Cal's uniforms, as well as Florida State. I guess I either want super-plain or super-contemporary (I like the Oregon/Maryland uniforms as well).

Back