Best buyable Mercedes Benz

[color=tomato]What buyable Mercedes Benz car is the best for the price?[/color]

• [FONT=courier new][color=blue]Mercedes Benz CL600[/font][/color]

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • [FONT=courier new][color=purple]Mercedes Benz CLK55[/font][/color]

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • [FONT=courier new][color=limegreen]Mercedes Benz SLK 230 Kompressor[/font][/color]

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters
I am going to do the Merecedes Benz Silver Arrow race in the Beginner League now... no particular reason. I know there are three cars you can buy, the touring car I don't have to worry about it because you can only win it :irked: So out of the three options in the above poll, I want to know what is the best Benz to race in the Silver Arrow Race (in Beginner League remember!)? Thank you to everyone for the help :P

Well, I used the CLK myself. Mainly that was so I would have a car that could run in both the Beginner and Amateur series, but it proved to be good enough to get around the courses without having to fight it.

The CL600 is really overkill for either series, and the SLK seems to be giving even some of the higher level drivers a headache with its shortcomings. I'd say go with the CLK, there's going to be one ro two of those in the Beginner series anyway, so as long as you don't tune the hell out of it right away you should have some good, competetive races.

I ran this series in an SLK and had to spend way too much money to win. Some people love the SLK but I don't get along with it. Plus you're going to win an SLK anyway in Beginner, and who needs two of the things?

I vote CLK. Then play with the prize car SLK in the Roadster series maybe, or somewhere else.

I was rich at the time, used the CL600 with everything, and didnt even need to try...so it is a little bit of overkill...maybe the CLK would be better if your price is limited, but the CL600 is faster...

I used the CL600 for both beginner and amatuer...I actually did the races one after the other, the only break I took was to check and see the HP of my new Kompressor...but I sold it...

I have the strategy guide, so I knew I was going to win an SLK. I didnt buy that because it would have been a waste.

I noticed that I wasn't going to win a CLK55 on any other race, so I bought it. I then later bought the CL600 because I wanted everycar in GT3. I would say that over all the CLK55 is the best, regardless of price.

I like all of the Mercedes cars. The CL600 feels a little crazy at 600+hp. Perhaps I should give it a little more realistic hp number. The SLK really surprised me. I tuned one up after hearing nothing but crap about its incompetence. I really like it, and I was surprised at what speeds it could still pull off a bit of oversteer on. Supercharger torque perhaps?

The CLK55 is a BEAST. With the right suspension setup, and a moderate amount of power it sails around a course, and doesn't let you know how fast you are going until you see your lap times.

Back