Best Car and Tyres combination for the 24 Hours at the Nurburgring

• Thread starter PlatniumF1
  • 14 comments
This will be my 3rd time at the 24h Nurburging just cause I really want a better coloured Gran Turismo Formula. Anywayz I have used my Audi R8 race car for one of the races and my Playstation Pescarlo C60 for the second with no particular tire sets. I really want to b-spec more than 4 laps of the 'Ring before I pit, so I dont have to keep changing the game speed to x3 as often.

Any ideas on what race car is light on the tires? and what tires to go with it?

Whatever you pick, don't pick the Alfa Romeo 155, unless you enjoy a short pit strategy. It chews up the front tyres so you have to pit every 3 laps. You can run 5 or whatever, but it's faster to run 3 laps.

Whatever car/tyre combination you are going for, think about the maths. In general, it is best to have a pit strategy such that you *never* lose any significant time with tyre wear. Basically, if you do a lap and you were 6+ seconds slower than the ideal because of tyre wear, you should have pitted on the previous lap.

For people who don't enjoy reading, at the Nurb 24 hours it is simply not worth struggling on for another lap with worn tyres. Nor is it worth driving slowly to conserve your tyres for an extra lap.

For b-spec the Toyota 7 race car is pretty good. I've also used the Jaguar 220 race car. The 7 is good on tires but is not the easiest to a-spec, if you plan on driving any of it. ("Bob" has no trouble with it). I used R1/R2 rear/front last time.

For an a_spec race both are way overkill. I used a Mitzo Tarmack Rally car and won by several laps.

im in the middle of nuremburg now i have 17 hours done jus i am using my audi a8 with the normal sports tyres as i was in a race before and i had to downgrade my tyres and hwne i went into this one i forgot to change back i think i am anyway cause the hnadling is awfull ntu meh i am 9 laps ahead and 7 hours to go so i should be ok

I really want to b-spec more than 4 laps of the 'Ring before I pit, so I dont have to keep changing the game speed to x3 as often.

Any group c/LMP is overkill, and will only do a couple of laps on a set of tires.

Use a DTM car with a turbo upgrade on super hards. B-spec can win easily, and get ~6 laps on tires. The BMW M3 GTR race car is also a good choice, wins easily stock, 5/6 laps on a set of tires.

F310B
Whatever you pick, don't pick the Alfa Romeo 155, unless you enjoy a short pit strategy. It chews up the front tyres so you have to pit every 3 laps. You can run 5 or whatever, but it's faster to run 3 laps.

Whatever.

Speaking of which, read the GT4 Race Reports forum. There's plenty of Nurb24hr write-ups in there.

but if you're running in B-Spec already, who cares how overkill a car may be. Obviously you're already doing it either for the money, car, or just to get it over with.

I figured out that I (or we) shouldn't use the LMP cars such as the audi R8 coz we would have to go and reset the controler to x3 more often because it does faster laps and it chews up the tires faster. Therefore something like a touring car would make a slower lap time, do at least another lap with the tires and would not have to be reset to 3x every 8 mins(real life), instead of 30 mins(real life) which we could do with the a touring car. Because you have to remember that it is how long you spend on that track not how many laps you do.

:ill: :sly:

I was thinkin that the FTO turing car with a turbo up grade would be good because it is light(like 930kg) and already comes with R1's. You could probably do it a-spec w/o the turbo but I wouldn't trust Bob without it.

try the rx8 LM. in the dream car championship (i think - edit: or maybe it was the tokyo enduro - either way similar type cars - overkill - but not as overkill as an LMP) it seemed to get the furthest of that bunch of cars on a set of tires. Am about to do the 24 nurb again tonight (after my R8 finishes the 24 at sarthe I). Gotta love the 24hrs!

I like the stock "Nissan Motul Pitwork Z" with RH/RH tires and settings from "Duck's Tuning Workshop 214 Set-ups" for B-Spec on this race.

Back