Best Car for Formula GT World Race!

• Thread starter gt4_0109
  • 23 comments
Hey I was just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of which car to use on the formula gt world race in extreme hall. Would I need to do the Nurburgring 24hr endurance and win that car or just buy the pescalaro or R8 or something of that nature! :scared: :dunce: :ouch:

On another note:How do you get the Honda S2000 LM Race Car? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Any help would be appreciated! :sly:

It all depends on the drivers skill level. An experienced driver should be able to win the series in most LMP or group C cars, but using an F1 is the safe way to make sure you'll win. Also if you plan on b-speccing it you'll need an F1.

You get the S2000 LM race car at Honda under new cars. It's 500k if I remember correctly.

The Honda has the least HP of all the LM "Dream" cars, but it really handles. I won the Dream Car Championship with it.

So it's possible to beat Formula GT with another LM and C cars? Cool, I haven't tried but if so, I won't drive that with Formula (I don't even have one, yet :dopey: )

Only bad thing with Formula is tires, must use only medium, it's interesting 'cuz how does real Formula cars go almost 40 laps without changing tyres, and in game, amazing if you can get 10 laps....

It stays stock, it doesn't even lose power as you use it.

Nate14Gt
It all depends on the drivers skill level. An experienced driver should be able to win the series in most LMP or group C cars, but using an F1 is the safe way to make sure you'll win. Also if you plan on b-speccing it you'll need an F1.

You get the S2000 LM race car at Honda under new cars. It's 500k if I remember correctly.

Yes that's right use a LMP or Group C car if you are on a high level of experience.
Use the F1 (as Nate14Gt says) for the safe way to win

I used the R89C for it :) I caned them :)

You can also check out the 200 point posts HERE & HERE
Stock Cars (meaning no mods) are a challenge, but extremely rewarding.

You also get the benefit of getting 3000 A-Spec points :)

what is a class C car
MINOLTA Toyota 88-CV
Nissan R89C
Nissan R92CP
Sauber Mercedes C9 Race Car
Jaguar XJR-9 LM
Mazda 787B (I may be wrong on that one)

I can't remember if there are any more, and I certainly can't remember years, so forgive me on that one...

with the MINOLTA Toyota 88-CV, do i leave the gears alone at defalt settings
because i tried with a fully modified one running R1 tyres (racing super hard tyres) and the 5 F1 cars left me in thier dust :confused: :boggled: :(:mischievous: what am i doing wong?

Last edited:
with the MINOLTA Toyota 88-CV, do i leave the gears alone at defalt settings
because i tried with a fully modified one running R1 tyres (racing super hard tyres) and the 5 F1 cars left me in thier dust :confused: :boggled: :(:mischievous: what am i doing wong?

Not sure if you're still knocking around here, but I'm happy to give you some advice. The car you mentioned is capable of winning the FGTWC, but it has a voracious appetite for tires, so it may be a little bit more difficult. The primary goal of using a Group C or LMP class car versus the FGTs is that you can select a more durable grade of tire and outpace the FGTs with a superior pit schedule. When you start the race, you'll probably be left behind in short order, but you'll notice that the opponents will pit very soon (compared to your prototype on harder tires), giving you extra time to catch up, and eventually overtake them.

For a bit of an easier time, I'd suggest that you use the Pescarolo Judd or Mazda 787B. They're much better on fuel and tires than the 88C-V could ever hope to be, and frankly a fair bit more forgiving to drive. Also, don't forget that you can start the race on R1 rubber for max points, then swap to a softer grade in the pits with no point penalty. Just make sure you stick with a grade that won't hurt you by shortening your pit schedule too much. You're out there to outlast the competition, not simply outrun them.

For example, in the Super Speedway race, you've got to run 127 laps. The FGTs will pit every 12-14 laps, and take about 25 seconds per pit stop. If you use the Pescarolo Judd, and you have decent throttle control, you can stretch those tires to run 50 laps, but it should be no problem even with heavy-handed throttle control to squeeze 40+ laps out of them. That means you'll pit only 2-3 times opposed to their 9-10. If you can consistently keep your laps well below 30 seconds, you should have an easy time of overtaking them in the long run, even though they'll leave you choking at first.

Hope this helps you in some way!

This does help a bit, but you have to keep your budget in mind. The Pescarolo C60/Judd Race Car costs $ 4.5 million and the mazda $ 3.5 million+ and once you get your car, you probily wont have enough to put better tyres on it or upgrade the engen

And if I get overlapped Will i ever catch up?

Back