Best Car for Polyphony Digital Cup

• Thread starter GTchampion
  • 51 comments
The choices are as wide and as varied as they come.

I've managed it in a ZZ-s. Others have used a camaro, TVR Speed Six, mustang, Integra... the list is large.

Tires are not considered "tuning" so really any car with appropriate Hp sitting on T2 tires will do it up nicely.

Take a search of the Write-up section, for PD cup or Polyphony Digital.

Then again, was is your definition of "best"?

I was gonna say...I did this series just last week in a Mustang. I really like the PD cup. It forces you to think "inside" the box. Can't tune? What else can you do? I forget which tires I used, but I was up against an NSX for most of the races, and I believe I used T4s and took a pit.

I'm with Der Alta on that: what's you're definition of best? It's kinda like in GT1 Normal Car Series; lots of people thought the Viper was the best.

Last edited:
Since you can not use Race Cars in the race I'd suggest doing what I myself has done use either of these three to get it done quickly and effeciently.

1 The Toyota GT-One Road Car
2 The Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car
3 Or the Jaguar XJ220 Road Car

Caution!!! Do not use these cars if you want a challange!

Since you can not use Race Cars in the race I'd suggest doing what I myself has done use either of these three to get it done quickly and effeciently.

1 The Toyota GT-One Road Car
2 The Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car
3 Or the Jaguar XJ220 Road Car

Caution!!! Do not use these cars if you want a challange!

Yeah...that's just blatant cheating. :guilty: I would personally get bored doing 10 races (15 to 20 laps apeice) with no challenge, but to each their own.

Yeah...that's just blatant cheating. :guilty: I would personally get bored doing 10 races (15 to 20 laps apeice) with no challenge, but to each their own.

Yeah I know that is cheating:guilty: but oh well I had already had alot of challanges before such as the GT world cup Pro League and Itilian Advent Garde etc. And I also wanted to save the real challanges such as doing the Formula GT in a F686/S:scared: instead of the invinsible F094/S the one worth875000$. I do have a suggestion for you though if you want to ballance having a challenge a 75-80% victory rating and all that use a Corvette Z06 or a Lotus Espirit Sport 350:)

Good luck if you have not did this already.👍

Yeah I know that is cheating:guilty: but oh well I had already had alot of challanges before such as the GT world cup Pro League and Itilian Advent Garde etc. And I also wanted to save the real challanges such as doing the Formula GT in a F686/S:scared: instead of the invinsible F094/S the one worth875000$. I do have a suggestion for you though if you want to ballance having a challenge a 75-80% victory rating and all that use a Corvette Z06 or a Lotus Espirit Sport 350:)

The Lotus isn't a challenge. It easily wins, even without the tire addition.

Now if you stuck true to your name, youd've run this in an RX-7.

Naw, I just used the Mustang. I got 4 more GT3 games though, so I plan on doing the PD cup at least 4 more times :ill: and one of those will be a vette I promise :)

Last edited:
The Lotus isn't a challenge. It easily wins, even without the tire addition.

Now if you stuck true to your name, youd've run this in an RX-7.

It can be a challenge if you only used the Duel Shock 2 controller the buttons only with almost no throttle control or steering control nor even braking control hint hint tires getting eaten up quickly and frequent pit stops. Just to let you know I did not have a GT Force Pro then and I even did not have the knowledge that I could use the Anolog sticks for anything then either. But now that I have this knowledge and all that and my expert skills I would destroy the PD with any class A car, and (you do not need to tell me to be true to my own name do you understand):rolleyes:

and I even did not have the knowledge that I could use the Anolog sticks for anything then either.

Sounds like me back in my early GT1 days :scared: If I hadn't discovered using analog gas/brakes, my gaming experience would have been very short, and my enjoyment of Gran Turismo would have been nil. I found driving with buttons only to be extremely frustrating. :irked:

Last edited:
I've always used the buttons, I vary the amount of gas/brake/steering by varying the pressure applied to the buttons. I thought it was the most efficient way of effecting those controls with minimum movement.

I've never tried the analogue sticks, from what you guys say maybe I should give them a whiz..

...I got 4 more GT3 games though, so i plan on doing the PD cup at least 4 more times ...:)
#

:eek: I'm finding it a huge undertaking doing it the once! So what themes (if any) are you playing the other gt3 games?

By the way I can't wait to win my first F1 car, but I imagine these are overkill for most races?

It can be a challenge if you only used the Duel Shock 2 controller the buttons only with almost no throttle control or steering control nor even braking control hint hint tires getting eaten up quickly and frequent pit stops. Just to let you know I did not have a GT Force Pro then and I even did not have the knowledge that I could use the Anolog sticks for anything then either. But now that I have this knowledge and all that and my expert skills I would destroy the PD with any class A car, and (you do not need to tell me to be true to my own name do you understand):rolleyes:
Ahhh... Your first suggestion was a slaughter/overkill.

Even with the DS2, I had no trouble winning in a Tommy Kaira ZZS. Before you suggest that I'm a GT god, I was usually a mid tier, 3rd division WRS racer. With patience, and smooth driving, an RX-7 would be a good win. Bragging about rotary power in your signature, and even your name, yet not suggesting one for a great race?

As for expert skills, have you tried out the Weekly Race Series?

And the person who, as Der Alta said, beat it with the Integra Type-R? That'll be me (though I recall bobkart has done it too), using a DS2. And I've never touched an analogue stick in my life.

I seem to also recall holding the record for the lowest-powered car to win a PD Cup race - a 140ish hp Opel Speedster - though that may not still be standing.

And the person who, as Der Alta said, beat it with the Integra Type-R? That'll be me (though I recall bobkart has done it too), using a DS2. And I've never touched an analogue stick in my life.

I seem to also recall holding the record for the lowest-powered car to win a PD Cup race - a 140ish hp Opel Speedster - though that may not still be standing.

Holy Crap you guys won this in an Integra, and an Opel Speedster good job!:nervous: thats some crazy **** I think I should try and give it a go(I hope I'll succede) when I start playing GT3 again. But first I'll kill it with the green RX7 RZ that is won by the amature league Japanese championship. I am currently going through GT1 right now.

gt24-7 keep in mind that in GT1 & 2 the buttons aren't pressure sensitive. It is possible to race using buttons in the earlier games, but I find it frustrating to sit there tap tap tapping to get that perfect amount of brakes or gas. See? In later games, it is totally possible to use buttons since they are pressure sensitive.

And yes it is a huge undertaking to complete Gt3..but I don't intend on completing it. I'd rather move on to GT4 ;) What I like to do is base each game on a driver-type. It helps me keep my games focused instead of random. I know that makes no sense...I'm too drunk to explain it any further at the moment.

Last edited:
Nissan Z Concept,
Jaguar XKR,
Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R,
HondaS2000 Type V,
Nissan 300ZX TwinTurbo 2by2

I've won it in all of these cars.
My own write-up for the Nissan 300ZX TwinTurbo 2by2 is found here.

daan did it in a Nissan Silvia Spec R Aero (J)

If you're worried about wasting game days, exit and reload until you find a lineup which has none of the following cars in it:- Nissan Z Concept, Lotus Elise or Honda NSX.

After that you should be good to go, although you will need to drive 15-20 more-or-less error-free laps, so get practicing! :P

Give the write-ups, that other people and myself have suggested, a read as they'll give you plenty of ideas of what laptimes you'll need to pull, when you can expect your opposition to pit in, and what tyre choice you should take.

:cheers:

Give the write-ups, that other people and myself have suggested, a read as they'll give you plenty of ideas of what laptimes you'll need to pull, when you can expect your opposition to pit in, and what tyre choice you should take.

:cheers:

yeehaw! I read 'em! :dopey:

A TVR Tuscan is good for the Polyphony League, The trouble is, it Eats oil.

All cars in GT3 consume oil at the same rate. Any car you use will need oil before the end of the PD cup.

My evidence.

oil mileage:
0 - 200km (126mi): no modifier for dirty oil
300km (189mi): oil light comes on, -5.0% dirty oil modifier

Taken from here

Why don't you go and test to see if they do actually use more oil than other cars?

My evidence.

Taken from here

Why don't you go and test to see if they do actually use more oil than other cars?

A car usually goes about 20 laps around the Test Course and then the oil light will come on. But the bigger the Engine the more oil it uses, so the race cars with the bigger engines will run out of oil quicker.

But the bigger the Engine the more oil it uses, so the race cars with the bigger engines will run out of oil quicker.
Now you're just talking rubbish. You said earlier that the 787B uses more oil. You're now saying that its because of a big engine. The 787b has a 2.6 litre engine. The Toyota GT-One has a 3.6 litre engine. Surely the GT-One should then use more oil than the 787b? What about the Speed 12? How much oil does it use?

Would you care to back any of this up? Maybe do some tests?

It has been proven beyond a doubt, that all cars in GT3 burn oil at the same rate. 180 miles/300 kms is the time when your oil light kicks on.

This is a proven fact.

Daan is right. Another proven fact.

Now you're just talking rubbish. You said earlier that the 787B uses more oil. You're now saying that its because of a big engine. The 787b has a 2.6 litre engine. The Toyota GT-One has a 3.6 litre engine. Surely the GT-One should then use more oil than the 787b? What about the Speed 12? How much oil does it use?

Would you care to back any of this up? Maybe do some tests?

Yeah, im going to do some tests.

I hate the fact that in GT4 the oil light won't come on for hundreds of miles. I guess it's more realistic in a way, though. I've always thought of the oil lite in GT3 as more of a "check engine/maintenance" light.

Last edited:
Yeah, im going to do some tests.
Please share your results with the class.

And, back on the original subject, I did the PD Cup once in a stock SVT Cobra, and once in a stock 22B. It was fun both times. In the Cobra, I never got above 4th gear in the entire series, except maybe once on the front straight at R246, for about 3 seconds.

Please share your results with the class.

And, back on the original subject, I did the PD Cup once in a stock SVT Cobra, and once in a stock 22B. It was fun both times. In the Cobra, I never got above 4th gear in the entire series, except maybe once on the front straight at R246, for about 3 seconds.

Yeah me too! :) I've only done the PD cup once but the Stang has such a tall gearbox you only wind up using 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear!

Back