Best Car in GT1

• Thread starter Zero
  • 642 comments
yeah i had my GTO TWIN TURBO up to 935 HP. I also totally loved the Dodge Concept Car. The acceleration on that thing was insane for GT1!!!

I hated the green one!

I usually always got the green one, i have only gotten 2 black ones!:(

I had some great cars in that game:
- the black FTO LM - fantastic little car
- the LM spec Concept car - very sweet little car, probably the best naturally aspirated car (never really got to grips with the weight of the Viper)
- the Castrol Supra JCTC car - I nailed the set-up on that thing, it was like a big go-kart. Just had to stay off the curbs over 100mph, as she didn't care for it at all
- the green meanie - my green race spec R33 GT-R that made 1049hp. In it's second race in full war-spec, it fell off the straight at Trial Mountain all by itself, and the accident went on for about ten minutes. Very angry car. Cracked 413 kmh on the test oval.

Originally posted by ZeroCool85

The Special Model red and green Supra???
No, it was just a red one which I was in love with at the time. (Of course, not that I wasn't crazy about the Castrol Supra! :D)

The FTO LM was a very worthy car, yet it saddens me to see that no one has acknowledged the Cerbera LM: ample power, handles like it's on rails - a true classic. I could run race after race without even touching the brakes - that car almost drove itself.

It's perplexing as to why this one was omitted from GT3 - the Cerbera Speed 12 is close (after much tweaking) but no cigar.

:odd:

The Cerbera was a beauty - but I prefered the Concept Car - never really came to grips with setting the Cerbera up, I could never get it properly balanced, especially on turn-in - it was either understeer, or sudden turn-in with oversteer before the Apex - just the thing you need in a light high HP car!! Always felt like I was fighting it.

Hey, vat_man! De Cerbera LM countered all that! It handled like nothing seen b4! Not 2 impressed with de GT2 LM tho'!

It was the LM I was referring to!

Must be all the years spent driving front-drivers, I always felt like I was going to spin it under braking.

It was desperately fast, though - no question.

The Cerbera LM?
Nah, couldn't be!!
It was the sweetest car on the whole game!!
It was stable as anything, it was VERY fast, it RULED!!!!
Thanx
Mr GT2

As a lot of people have said, the FTO LM Edition, especially in black was an awesome car. Looked fast just stood on the start line, never mind at 160mph. It also handled supremely well. Likewise, it had good acceleration, and a nice top speed, although admittedly pit against any of the firebreathing monsters that you could make from the Skylines and Supras and it was a little lost on the straights.

I have gotten my FTO LM up to 235 mph, i have not gotten anywhere near that in my R33 and the only 2 cars that i have that can beat that are the GTO Twin Turbo, and Viper GTS-R

The FTO's OK, but the Concept Car is the GREATEST, with the Cerbera coming in a distant second. Best weight/HP ratios in the game, and sheer joy on SS R5 and GVS. Unfortunately, the Concept Car got bastardized in GT2 in my opinion. Ugly as hell, and the fin obstructs your vision. But in GT, nothing beats the banana yellow Copperhead.

I think part of the reason I loved those two cars was they were dead easy to set up. They had pretty good set-ups out of the box, if a touch soft, but responded well to changes and never really became nasty - it was difficult to put a bad set-up on them.

:confused:

The Concept Car looked good and had some impressive acceleration, but the thing couldn't go uphill - this was obviously some sort of grave programming error. The instant the track's grade exceeded 0 degrees, the RPM's dropped by half. This car was largely overlooked for the final cut.

Back