Best car to use for Historic racing car cup?

• Thread starter ionstriker
  • 189 comments
ionstriker
So I wanted to know the cheapest and best car for this category.I was thinking of the buick special but that's 750000:P so any suggestions?

Spent the last hour and a half trying to beat the last race...the cop-out cars are at the front (2j and toyota 7) trying to get a race without either of them, its doing my head in. Catch them pass them, then mess up the last corner or they shove the car in there. Using the gt40 anniversary edition

I tried with the GT40 and failed miserably. Will try again this afternoon.

In GT5 this same race took me several attemps, and finally I won with the Dodge Charger, but now in GT6 I cannot upgrade its HP as much as in GT5.

Just got it now, gotta keep entering and exiting till you get a race without them, and the GT40 is an animal to drive...corners you think were flat is either a shift up or a lift and wait till you're straight and then nail it otherwise you're sideways and the pendulum effect takes over

Maybe the Chevrolet Corvette StingRay RacerConcept '59? I at least did the classic supercar festival with it. Don't see how it's going to beat the XJ13 though.

It is possible to win all 3 with a fully modified Dino, I'm not exactly the fastest out there far from it infact but its possible - Just possible.

Would a fully-tuned GT350 Mustang do the job, or would I need to invest in another car?

I'd prefer not to spend 20,000,000 Cr on a 60s Le Mans racer if I can help it.

I'm not sure if the GT350 would be good enough. I do know there is a Dodge Challenger in race spec pp of over 500+ that is under 200k. That might be your cheapest option?

Close wins at Monaco and Apricot Hill, but can't quite close in on the Toyota-7 at Silverstone. Still doing better than with the GT350 though, so thank you.

thx for that advice, helped me out to complete IB. if you're struggling with the toyota, just get out the race and reload it, till there's no toyota in the starting grid. i've setted gearbox to 290 km/h at silverstone and got the lead in the last lap. thx again, dude! ps: i also won the trophy david vs. goliath

I know I used the Challenger and it was easy to drive fast but it's really no match for the 2J or the 7 (what is?) Try cycling through from the series menu to the race menu until the lead car is a 2D, they're nimble but underpowered for the Silverstone straights. Good luck and watch out for those penalties.

well i've manged to beat the 2j's, even on silverstone… just tune the max out of that challenger.. and set the gearbox right. but yes, the toyota is way to fast

I had some problems with this one as well. I used the 74 lambo with full mods and cycled the race start until there was no 7 in the list. The 7 is just to fast unless you have a 2j or another 7.

Hey guys,

What car should I get for the last event in International B with the historic race cars (forgot what it's called)? I don't want to pay to much money since I already bought a 2 million FXX... Should I just skip this race, finish the license and come back when I have more money? Are there prize cars after IB that I could use for this event?

If you have the anniversary cars, I used the Cobra Daytona Coupe 15th Anniversary Edition, just boost the power up a bit and remember to change your transmission settings (get the customizable transmission)! Transmission tuning is the most important aspect for this race. Set the top speed lower for tighter tracks and longer for wider tracks.

It may take a few tries, but keep at it. The first time you do the track, make note of the top speed that you get on the longest straight! Once you find that, set your transmission top speed to whatever the speed your car topped out at. You only have to do a lap then exit.

Hope this helps.

If you have the anniversary cars, I used the Cobra Daytona Coupe 15th Anniversary Edition, just boost the power up a bit and remember to change your transmission settings (get the customizable transmission)! Transmission tuning is the most important aspect for this race. Set the top speed lower for tighter tracks and longer for wider tracks.

It may take a few tries, but keep at it. The first time you do the track, make note of the top speed that you get on the longest straight! Once you find that, set your transmission top speed to whatever the speed your car topped out at. You only have to do a lap then exit.

Hope this helps.
Is it easier to handle than the GT40?
Anyways, gonan give it a shot!

Is it easier to handle than the GT40?
Anyways, gonan give it a shot!

Ya it's a bit better, it's still an rear wheel so it has some slippage but the gearing is sooo much better. I really don't like the gearing on the GT40 and I'm no gearing ratio expert :lol:.

Anyway, have fun.

Hope this helps.

Saw this thread and was about to post the same thing. Make sure for Monaco, that you try and avoid the curbs as much as possible, because it's very easy to roll IMO

Saw this thread and was about to post the same thing. Make sure for Monaco, that you try and avoid the curbs as much as possible, because it's very easy to roll IMO

For Monaco, I lowered the top speed, I think, 40km/h (4 clicks to left) less than stock (maybe more, done so much since I done it :lol:). That race was a pain in the buttocks, especially with that Toyota 7 in the lead.

For Monaco, I lowered the top speed, I think, 40km/h (4 clicks to left) less than stock (maybe more, done so much since I done it :lol:). That race was a pain in the buttocks, especially with that Toyota 7 in the lead.

I just did the race yesterday, getting to the lead was easy, however keeping the lead from the 2J (Which would just run away once it passed you) and not rolling on every curb is the hard part :lol:, for top speed, I set it to one click above what the 7 was getting on the long straight.

I got easy Gold in this event with Challenger race car (cheap). Made it easier by skipping any events with the 2J or Toyota 7.

Hi guys , what is the best car to win the Historic racing cup races in International B section ?

The AI has a Toyota 7 and 2x 2J's. Nothing I have can catch them and that Toyota 7 cost almost 2mil credits :(

Any other cars that can win this event ? I don't feel like wasting so many of my hard earned credits just for 1 event.

Thanx

Back