Best car to use for Historic racing car cup?

• Thread starter ionstriker
  • 189 comments
Another option is the Dodge Challenger R/T '70 Race Car. It costs 175k credits and is more of a powerhouse then a performance car. I'm capable of catching the 2J on Cote De Azur by the final lap, but I don't know how it would fair against the Toyota 7.

If all else fails, rarely the event will be started without the 2J and/or Toyota 7 on the field.

Edit:
Another thing worth noting is that the 2J and Toyota 7 will demolish any car on the straightaways, even with the Challenger's 790+ horsepower.

Last edited:
I used Camaro Z28 Race Car max tuned. The car itself only costs 250k credits and has amazing handling and grip with racing hards.
Just adjust the max speed of the gearbox for each track. :)

Thanx but it doesn't work. The chev is to slow. Can't catch the 2J's or Toyota 7 :(

I don't know why PD always insist on messing up the game's career with this anal event. At least in previous events you could win the Toyota 7 as a prize car :(

Another option is the Dodge Challenger R/T '70 Race Car. It costs 175k credits and is more of a powerhouse then a performance car. I'm capable of catching the 2J on Cote De Azur by the final lap, but I don't know how it would fair against the Toyota 7.

If all else fails, rarely the event will be started without the 2J and/or Toyota 7 on the field.

Edit:
Another thing worth noting is that the 2J and Toyota 7 will demolish any car on the straightaways, even with the Challenger's 790+ horsepower.

Also don't work. Too slow to catch the 2J's and 7.

This event is so stupid , the problem race is Apricot Hill. No matter what car and what mods the results stays exactly the same. Take one of these cars suggested as is. They run middle of the pack whole race as they are too slow to catch the leaders and gap stays 8 seconds whole race , last lap rubber band AI kicks in and suddenly start catching the leaders but 1 lap is not long enough and end 2nd every time. Add all mods and bump up HP with 200HP. Run much faster , but with exactly the same result. Stays middle pack with 8 second gap ( even though lap times are much faster after mods ) , last lap rubber band kicks in , and wait for it , finish 3rd. Even worse with better lap times. :(

Its just PD being PD. This could have been one of the best A spec events where you can try out your old race cars, but no, PD had to add those 2 cars again. It also got alot worse because of the new AI, catching the Toyota 7 is no problem, but as soon as you overtake it the AI goes all out and catches you immediatly, just to crash you out on heavy braking zones.

edit: You could try out the money glitch and either buy a Toyota 7 or a 20 million credit race car

I having trouble trying to decide what car to enter for the Historic Racing Car Cup (International B / IB), while the restrictions are the same as the Classic Supercar Festival, some of the competitors are really overpowered like the Toyota 7 and Chapparal 2J. Question is, what is a good buy for this cup? I'm close to completing the stars to complete International B.

Definetly not the Auto Union Streamliner, that car can't turn at all if you try.

If you have GT6 AE i'd suggest either GT-40 or Shelby Cobra ....i won it with the GT-40 that thing is a raging beast

Challenger Race Car is reasonably priced and simply stomps ass - especially if you pick a lineup that avoids the 2J or the Toyota 7.

I did it with the 69 camaro rm, took a little tuning to get past the 2 2Js that started up front on the first race and the 70 Toyota started up front on the second.

I would think that 59 Covertte RC would do the trick with a little tuning as well and it is a prize car so you can't get much cheaper than that

Thanx but it doesn't work. The chev is to slow. Can't catch the 2J's or Toyota 7 :(

I don't know why PD always insist on messing up the game's career with this anal event. At least in previous events you could win the Toyota 7 as a prize car :(
Well, it worked for me. All 3 races done on first try with this car. I passed the 1st guy on last lap in each race, and at finish line I just blocked if they were trying to pass me. :)

Buy the Challenger RM and keep starting the events until there are no 2Js and 7s. If you're still too slow, tune the car.

I did it with the Camaro RM, stage 3 engine tune and just cycle the AI cars until no Toyota 7s...the 2J I seem to be able to catch, by 7s are hard...

I think I used the same car in GT5 for this event also...

I did it with the Camaro RM, stage 3 engine tune and just cycle the AI cars until no Toyota 7s...the 2J I seem to be able to catch, by 7s are hard...

I think I used the same car in GT5 for this event also...
I used the Camaro RM and had two of the 2Js starting up front on the first race, a Toyota 7 up front on the second and a 2J up front on the third.
The first race was the hardest but managed to win all three of them

I think a large factor here is driver skill and track knowledge. On that first track I am not as good as on the others and it took me 6 tries to beat the 2Js with the Camaro but I was able to get it done after tweaking the gears, down force and practice. If you are not a real good driver then a stronger car may be required.

The Camaro can definitely win the race though so long as you up the Hp, set the gears and drive it well

Hi guys , what is the best car to win the Historic racing cup races in International B section ?

The AI has a Toyota 7 and 2x 2J's. Nothing I have can catch them and that Toyota 7 cost almost 2mil credits :(

Any other cars that can win this event ? I don't feel like wasting so many of my hard earned credits just for 1 event.

Thanx
You can win with the Shelby Daytona coupe, you just need to block the Toyota at the end.

Also if you do not have the AE cars and do not want to spend to many credits then the 59 corvette should do it with a little tuning

Also if you do not have the AE cars and do not want to spend to many credits then the 59 corvette should do it with a little tuning
Stingray Racer Concept? I tried that max tuned before I bought Camaro Race Car. It wasn't as good.

I did it with the 69 camaro rm, took a little tuning to get past the 2 2Js that started up front on the first race and the 70 Toyota started up front on the second.

I would think that 59 Covertte RC would do the trick with a little tuning as well and it is a prize car so you can't get much cheaper than that

Where do you pickup the '59 as a prize car? Would love to pick that up!

I used the Daytona. In GT5, there was no way I could win with it though. GT6, the Toyota 7 and 2J just gives you opportunities.

Two races coming up that need older cars. Any suggestions that DON'T cost 20 million? The only older cars I have are the 78 Trans Am and, of course, Mario's Hudson.

Back