Best car to use for Historic racing car cup?

• Thread starter ionstriker
  • 189 comments
Dodge Challenger TC. But remember do NOT change the wheels on the car.

I would have to say, if you have the 4.5M it costs, get the Chapparal 2J. It dominates the historic races and, with Top Speed increased to 286mph, it dominates the Like The Wind Series of Events against the likes of the Minolta, Bentley Speed 8 etc. It handles like a charm though you sometimes have to be careful exiting corners. Some high speed corners (like the one after the long straight at the Nordschliefe) you need to ease off the throttle a touch as it can go a bit wide (wide on that track being on the grass

I used the Challenger R/T Race Car '70 for both. Cheaty? Maybe for the supercar series, but not as bad as a 2J and I didn't have that kind of cash anyway seeing as I never indulged in the money glitch.

I seem to remember using a maxed-out Dino 246 for those without much difficulty. Car is exceptionally sweet, and handles like a dream. Plus it brings back fond memories of Laguna Seca race weekends in Monterey when I was about 12 years old, and the first time I ever saw the 246 on display, alongside a 365GTB/4 Daytona. I was smitten, of course...

but not as bad as a 2J and I didn't have that kind of cash anyway seeing as I never indulged in the money glitch.

I didn't use the glitch either, just saved up my credits (did all the seasonals plus the Red Bull Junior Championship a couple of times at almost 1M per time) but I agree that the 2J is a bit cheaty. On the other hand, it's fun to drive and, quite frankly, when I consider a cheaty car I have that feeling every time I use the RB Jr (even if it's in the event it's for)

There's a search button in the top right corner of the page (not sure if that's what you mean). As for what car to use, I initially used a tuned GT40 Anniversary and won courtesy of some creative blocking but it was tough. Later, when I had saved the credits, I bought the Chapparal 2j and won it really easily (with a Toyota 7 and 2 2Js running at the front)...as well as the other historic races. Set up wise, I think I just increased the top speed a bit as I don't understand suspension settings etc but you shouldn't need to change anything for the first race as it's more a case of getting your turning right.

Incidentally, with the 2J, I have continued to use it and, with top speed set at 286mph, it dominated the Like The WInd series against the Minoltas and such and I think I also used it for the IA GT Championship. It really is an excellent car...even if it feels like cheating every time I use it lol

[quagreement. USARMYCOMBATVET, post: 9131711, member: 214366"]Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe '64 can defeat the Chapparal 2J and Toyota 7 on any track. 4,500,000 CR in the dealership.[/quote]

I agree. Beat 2 2J, 2D and Toyota 7 easy in Monaco and the other 2 races. Shelby 64 is a fantastic car to drive.

It`s a beast 👍

Last edited:
Yea, I think we all know about the $2M+ cars that can defeat these cars, but some of us didn't do the glitch, get the $20M, etc...I am broke playing this game earning credits the old fashion way.

By the way, did not do the glitch. But have the AE Edition.

I got the AE copy but I felt I could use a new car for this. Considering an opponent like a 2J is there.
Buy a 2J. It's not budget, I know, but you'll have countless hours of fun with it and it'll come in very handy.

same here... I had to block Toyota 7 on the straights because it was so damn fast (especially on apricot hill)
This is weird. I bought the toyota 7 just for the series and hated it on Apricot Hill. Thought it would dominate but even at maxx allowed PP I had trouble.

I grinded the cash and bought the Toyota 7 and didn't have too much trouble. However, for the Monaco race, I can't beat the Chaparrals. Everybody else no prob, but sometimes there are three Chaps and the leader is about 8 seconds ahead. Any tips for the Cote d'Azur?

Tried my ani cars, I failed. bought some others still didnt have any luck so forked out for the toyota7 and breezed thru them

For something different try the Auto Union. It's one of the oldest cars in the game, if not the oldest at 1930, but so fast for it's age. You will also need to tune it, but then on Silverstone and Apricot Hill it does very well and can beat the Toyota 7s and Chapparal 2Js. At 500'000 cheaper than both. On Monaco it's turning circle is too big for one particular turn, so get the Dodge 70' challenger racing car for 100'000 and tune it up. That got me the win for Monaco..
I grinded the cash and bought the Toyota 7 and didn't have too much trouble. However, for the Monaco race, I can't beat the Chaparrals. Everybody else no prob, but sometimes there are three Chaps and the leader is about 8 seconds ahead. Any tips for the Cote d'Azur?
..however, I didn't have the problem the above post shows. I was quite lucky when I raced Monaco with the Challenger in that the top 2 cars were Ferrari p4s, which are far slower than Toyota 7s and Chaparral 2js.

IMO the camaro Z28 racecar hands down. I smoked the field in every race on the 1st try except the cote' track. It took a few tries untill my consistancy got better and I had the right tranny setup. But it smoked the field with its unbelievable handling.

If you want to spend 4.5million get the 2J.

But if your budget is not that big, then the Camaro Z28 Race Car '69 will suffice at 215k.

IMO the camaro Z28 racecar hands down. I smoked the field in every race on the 1st try except the cote' track. It took a few tries untill my consistancy got better and I had the right tranny setup. But it smoked the field with its unbelievable handling.
I would try the camaro 1st due to price. It breezes through each track with its inane handling.

Latest Posts

Back