Best car to use for Historic racing car cup?

• Thread starter ionstriker
  • 189 comments
Probably the 2J. I don't think there are any relatively cheap cars that could win the races, but I haven't ran those races yet so maybe there are.

XJ13. If the races had a few more laps, the car could easily win stock.

havent finished the series yet, just had one race in monaco, in which i placed 3rd.
Will need to tune the suspension and tranny since i want to win with a stock car.

All I know is that the Ford GT40 wasn't the wonder cure I hoped it would be for this race. I agree with the guys above me, 2J or Toyota 7.

Anything as light as possible really, so you can take full advantage of the cowardly AI by braking much later than they do.

in the end i done it in a standard Shelby Cobra, the final race took me ages and to be quite honest the only reason i won it was due to alot of corner cutting, cheating i know, but that race wound me a a huge amount haha

For something different use the Auto Union Streamilne at 500'000 credits for the last two tracks(I tuned mine up thuogh). It's turning circle is too big for Monaco and for that just spend 100'000 on a Dodge CHallenger '70 race car and also tune it up. Overall less than a Toyota 7

I'm not a very good driver, but the toyota 7 did the job for me. If you are good at the game, I don't recommend the toyota 7, as you will literally have no competition. Even I, as a noob, had no competition with the toyota 7.

The dodge Challenger R/T Race Car '70 is 175,000 PP576. Might be worth a try:tup:

I also used the Challenger, even racing against the Toyo 7 and 2J. Was in 1st by start of last lap. Won the "David and Golliath" trophy for my efforts. It took 3 tries but is manageable.

'69 Camaro race car is capable of winning these races if you are good and more importantly, patient. The Chapparel 2D is also a good choice (it's the same class and era as the Jag, Ford Mk(?) or Ford GT40 and the Ferrari and it's WAAAY cheaper!). If you have the cash then either the Toyota 7 or the Chapparel 2J are the obvious choices, plus they are also cheaper than the Jag, Fords and Ferrari (each of which will cost 20 mil).

These races would've been so much better if it was just the 60's cars. The advancement of technology and engineering in the 70's means it just isn't fair to have the Toyota 7 and the 2J in the same race as, say, a GT40.

What would you guys say is the best bet between the Chaparral 2J, the Toyota 7 and the Audi Streamline?
The 2J has ground effect so will almost stick like glue to the track but it only has three gears so is limited to a lower top speed than that of the 7 or the Audi (Auto Union). The Toyota 7 has very good grip too and i believe has a better top speed. I'm not too sure about the Streamline but given the gap in years between it and the other two i'd say it was 3rd out of these cars. Out of the three i'd say the 2J simply based on it's cornering speed. You can go way faster through the apex of a bend in that car than the other two and you won't find the limit as soon as you would with the others either.

The 2J has ground effect so will almost stick like glue to the track but it only has three gears so is limited to a lower top speed than that of the 7 or the Audi (Auto Union). The Toyota 7 has very good grip too and i believe has a better top speed. I'm not too sure about the Streamline but given the gap in years between it and the other two i'd say it was 3rd out of these cars. Out of the three i'd say the 2J simply based on it's cornering speed. You can go way faster through the apex of a bend in that car than the other two and you won't find the limit as soon as you would with the others either.

But if you adjust the top speed then it doesn't become an issue. In my previous save I had the 2J running at 286mph (admittedly with a Stage 3 Turbo upgrade) which will beat anything the game puts against it. The 3 gears seems to not be a factor really as it doesn't change into 2nd gear until 100mph+ and 3rd gear at around 200mph

That toyota 7 is a ringer, and that race is rigged. There is no way a car that old can have PP that high to suggest it being faster than modern LMP cars and I think even the FGT. While I'm not an expert on that era/series of racing, I don't recall hearing of any controversy regarding the toyota 7. I do recall one about the 2J however. People claimed the fan exhaust was a problem, but really it was it's speed. (nobody would care about the exhaust from the back of a car if it was behind them) Then look at the prices. Around 2 million for that damn thing (the 7) while everything else is way more expensive.

Those cars do not belong in that event. Or, it should be stated that they will be. I didn't think about that, bought the Cobra Daytona because it's bad ass, then got my ass handed to me on Apricot Hill, a track I really like. Even after I tuned the brakes and pushed hard, I got close, but knew I wasn't going to win. Didn't feel like trying to see if I could score an event randomly without them either. I just saved up for the 2J. That car is awesome, but you still have to put some effort in, because the AI has a ringer (7), that once you pass they turn up the wick and will eat your lunch if you make a mistake.

A real shame that event wasn't split into 2, 1 for sports car based race cars and one for pure-bred race cars. An event with just the FRs like Daytona, Challenger, etc would be fun. As would one for FRs - GT40, Ferrari 330, XJ13, etc.

I nearly won the first race with the Corvette concept racer gift car, but the 2J ran me into the wall on the last turn and ended up in third. Tried again with a new pool, no 2J and no 7, but the 2D, Mark VI and the XJ13 I beat in the previous race beat my ass while I ran the same lap times as before... Made no sense. Broke down and bought the 7 for this race after about 2 hours of trying with the vette and won my first attempt while learning it's handling and doing a massive stoppy in the first gear hairpin midway though, haha. So super easy in the 7 =P

If you have the anniversary cars, I used the Cobra Daytona Coupe 15th Anniversary Edition, just boost the power up a bit and remember to change your transmission settings (get the customizable transmission)! Transmission tuning is the most important aspect for this race. Set the top speed lower for tighter tracks and longer for wider tracks.

It may take a few tries, but keep at it. The first time you do the track, make note of the top speed that you get on the longest straight! Once you find that, set your transmission top speed to whatever the speed your car topped out at. You only have to do a lap then exit.

Hope this helps.
I used this one and won as well

Latest Posts

Back