Best car to use for Historic racing car cup?

• Thread starter ionstriker
  • 189 comments
Did it in the Cobra Daytona Coupe with the upgrades. It was a struggle to stay ahead of the 2J though. Had to time it right and block carefully on a couple of the races.

best is Chaparral 2J, but if you are low on cash Dodge Challenger R/T Race Car can win too

The 2J is incredible. Corners like it's on rails!

High Speed Ring_1.jpg

What would you guys say is the best bet between the Chaparral 2J, the Toyota 7 and the Audi Streamline?
The streamliner is over half the price of either but can beat the Chaparral and Toyota on the last two tracks. On Monaco it just cannot do it as there is one particular corner where it's turning circle is too big to go round it. It is the corner with a hotel on, you'll know which one I mean if you try. I had to do Monaco with a Challenger, but I only won against no Toyota and 2J

haha, I love that 2J pic!!!!

I used the 2J with a mid-range turbo on it IIRC to win the races. The 2J is a really great car to get because you can win a lot of other races with it too.

The streamliner is over half the price of either but can beat the Chaparral and Toyota on the last two tracks. On Monaco it just cannot do it as there is one particular corner where it's turning circle is too big to go round it. It is the corner with a hotel on, you'll know which one I mean if you try. I had to do Monaco with a Challenger, but I only won against no Toyota and 2J

Can't you just tinker with the Toe-In and LSD to get the turning sharper and more responsive?

tuj
haha, I love that 2J pic!!!!

I used the 2J with a mid-range turbo on it IIRC to win the races. The 2J is a really great car to get because you can win a lot of other races with it too.
Yes, I really like the 2J. So I took it to the 'Ring for those Midnight races. Bad idea! :eek:

No headlamps!

I'm not a great player, won on third try at Apricot Hill with the Challenger RC N/A Stage 1 upgrade against two 2J and ont Toyota 7.
Won easily in Silverstone against a 2D, no 2J nor Toyota 7.
A bit harder at Côte d' Azur, had to exit race and enter again to win against a Toyota 7 and a 2D, the 2J is a very hard opponent at this track.

I'm not a great player, won on third try at Apricot Hill with the Challenger RC N/A Stage 1 upgrade against two 2J and ont Toyota 7.
Won easily in Silverstone against a 2D, no 2J nor Toyota 7.
A bit harder at Côte d' Azur, had to exit race and enter again to win against a Toyota 7 and a 2D, the 2J is a very hard opponent at this track.

AI was too forgiving. I won it with a daggum '78 Trans Am. Not really complaining because the races were very fun. Cote d Azur was a blast, but almost broke my thumb seeing as I'm one of those losers still using a DS3 controller.

Used the C2 zo6 RC full blown
Had the power but pushed like crazy. Probably not the best idea.
Did it though.... Once I got in front had to block block block that 2j

Last edited:
All races can be done with Camaro Z28 Race Car with max tuning. In Apricot had to cut Toyota to pit wall... :P
And in Silverstone take a shortcut in last S-turn if it seems too hard otherwise.

I did it with the Shelby Daytona Coupe, not many upgrades just a couple to icrease the HP to about 410 or something. I had a lot of fun with it, one of my favourite cars in the game.

-Sonny

If moneys no object go for the 2J no risk, & its useful for other events as well. Other wise get one of the cheaper RM racers like the challenger & dump some coin in to it to power it up.

I did it with the Shelby Daytona Coupe, not many upgrades just a couple to icrease the HP to about 410 or something. I had a lot of fun with it, one of my favourite cars in the game.

-Sonny

Mine too. It's an awesome piece of machinery. I painted mine British racing green. Looks real good. ;)

I used the Dodge Challenger race car with a supercharger, beat a 2J at Cote d'Azur by 0.003 seconds, but when the next screen came up it only gave me 2nd and 2 stars.

Tried again but didn't manage it, cycled to get races without a 2J and Toyota 7 to win them all in the end.

Maybe I have set it up wrong but the Toyota 7 spins out with the tiniest turn. The low-speed corners are impossible too because you will get wheel-spin with all that bhp and torque which will again, cause it to spin out.

Back