Best cars for online races.

ShinobuKobayashi
This is my first thread and post here. Been following the forum for a while and decided it was time to join. I have a problem when it comes to online racing. I like clean races with PP limits. I consider myself an average to good racer (with a DS3:( ) but I somehow always end up having a worse car than the rest. So I usually stary my own lobby with everybody in the same car. But I would like to start using my own cars with tunes available on this forum so I hoped you could help me out by letting me know what cars are best for the most used PP limits out there.

450pp
500pp
550pp
650pp

Thanks in advance!

I love the Autobacs Garaiya (street) for 450PP, its around there with no oil change and you can just use a close ratio or standard. Its unbeatable at that PP on the ring.

500PP the NSX Type R dominates IMO.

550PP I see alot of GT500cars, specifically the NSX which seems to be awesome again. F430 Scuderia as well.

650PP I've no idea.

Personally, I prefer the race cars.
My latest favourite is the Lexus Weds Sport IS350, I think it goes at 550 pp with near to full tune (think it could manage 600 pp with honour) and it can probably be limited to cope with 500 and even 450 pp as well.

But then again, it depends on the track, it's not as fast as the supercar section in long straights...

I have not yet done any online racing yet (planned on starting with some friends just as PSN went down)...so I can't give my input to this direct question. What I would interject with though is that I am guessing online racing is best with the lower to mid PP classes. Just as in real racing, if the cars get too fast, there tends to be too many variables and there isn't much "racing". I plan on hosting mostly 400-500PP races. There was a posting some where on here recently about buying a car that is close to the PP rather than tuning to that PP. That might be a start for you.

Get a car that's a little over the proposed pp limit and use the power limiter to bring it down. That way, you have a nice fat power band at the top of the rev range and your brakes, suspension etc is slightly over specced for the power output.

I love the Autobacs Garaiya (street) for 450PP, its around there with no oil change and you can just use a close ratio or standard. Its unbeatable at that PP on the ring.
The Garaiya doesn't have much passing power. You'll have to pull ahead enough that the cars behind you cannot draft you. I've used it on some ring races before and it has great handling...i just get pulled on big time down the straight.

At 450pp the following cars are also good...
Any NSX
Any RX7 or RX8
Any S2000
NC Miata

If you see these cars on the track and you can't seem to keep up...it's simply because they are fast both in a straight line and in the corners. These cars, the NSX particularly, break the PP system. If you aren't fast, you can be fast in these cars. If you are already fast, you'll put a huge gap between you and the other cars.

Thanks for your answers. Time to build my online fleet:)

Good to know NSX's and the S2000 do good. I like those.

European supercars will probably do good in the 550-600pp range.

I could use the power limiter like someone suggested but I don't really like to do that. Gives some kind of unfair advantage in my mind. I think I lost a lot to that kind of cars. People are using a 430 Scuderia with a wing in a 500pp race while it comes stock with 544pp.

Another quick question. It seems that cars tuned to 500pp are faster than cars that come stock around 500pp. Is this true or am I wrong here?

If you want to be fast, you'll have to learn to use the power limiter. Its in the game so its fair play. You can also use ballast to your advantage, especially at lower pp levels.

Another quick question. It seems that cars tuned to 500pp are faster than cars that come stock around 500pp. Is this true or am I wrong here?

You're absolutely right... a stock car will usually lose to a tuned car. You can take a car at 500 PP, add in suspension, transmission, drivetrain mods, and better tires, and it turns into a MUCH faster car than the original without adding any PPs at all. Then change your settings to suit the car and/or track, and it becomes much faster again.

Although, for me, I enjoy running a "poor" car for the PP limit as a challenge (OK, yeah, I usually bite off more than I can chew and lose, but still fun), but it helps that the room I'm usually in have about half the guys running "weak" cars for the PP, and we all have fun.

Ok thanks again. The NSX type R worked great for a 550 pp road car race. Now I only have to get a hold of that online physics and the grip reduction at the track edges and grass. I want to use some slower cars aswell but I don't think I can beat most of the guys online yet:D Still a steady top half finisher. But I think I only win 1 out of 10 races. Online is much more enjoyable.

Latest Posts

Back