best computer game

Flight Simulator.

Why?

I have never, ever, seen a community supporting a game this large before. Hardware, 3rd party software, magazines, add-ons, virtural airlines, virtural fly-ins, online play, and huge community websites. All of this can be found with Flight Simulator.

I would say Half Life..

That game really has superb gameplay, storyline and loads of action. Even though this is an old game, I have not had one that is better yet. (IMHO)

I haven't had the money to buy Medal of honor yet, but from what I have seen this looks to be a Half Life beater...I hope I'm getting it soon.

peace

Originally posted by Viper Zero
Flight Simulator.

Why?

I have never, ever, seen a community supporting a game this large before. Hardware, 3rd party software, magazines, add-ons, virtural airlines, virtural fly-ins, online play, and huge community websites. All of this can be found with Flight Simulator.

Check out www.aviationforum.org, then :) !

Originally posted by CloneHead
I would say Half Life..

That game really has superb gameplay, storyline and loads of action. Even though this is an old game, I have not had one that is better yet. (IMHO)

I haven't had the money to buy Medal of honor yet, but from what I have seen this looks to be a Half Life beater...I hope I'm getting it soon.

peace

MOH Isnt better then Half Life.
MOH Isnt better then UT
MOH Isnt better then Q3

Dont expect it to be (Btw if youve got a good con and want MOH for free, Ask me :D)

If you look at games with 'staying power', you'll see Quake 2, StarCraft, Half-Life ... those games will go down in history. They're great games that everybody loves to play.

Games that are truely great games, that just maybe were ahead of their time, or were missing just that one element to make them over the top ... have you played Dark Forces II - Jedi Knight? That game is incredible. LucasArts needs to make another first person shooter ...

Let me get a little crazy for a second ... WORMS! Worms is a pretty cool game, and the sequals are getting even better.

What about the Populous series? I have Populous III - The Begining. It is so freaking cool. You're on a globe instead of a flat map, and can rotate around in any direction. So cool ...

Another LucasArts that is loads of fun, but needs to be modernized, is Fleet Commander. It's a fully 3D 'real time strategy' that will blow your doors off.

Something that definitely has to make the list, Total Annihilation. The maps are nine times the size of the biggest Red Alert map, and there are ten times as many different units. Oh, and I think the big maps support 12 players instead of a measly 8.

I could go on ...

~LoudMusic

Right heres my long list...

F1 Racing Championship
F1 2001
F1 Manager 2000
Grand Prix 3
Grand Prix World
Grand Theft Auto
Superbike 2001
GP500
Toca 2
STCC 2

:)

Unreal Tournament, StarCraft, WarCraft 1&2, Command & Conquer first games anlong with tiberian sun and firestorm... Red Alart 2 is not one of my fav. picks. Sim City - Sim City 3000 Unlimited.

Well thats about all my best computer game picks.

LoudMusic,

The orginal Quake still has tremendous staying power:) With the source code out thered for free now, even more stuff should come ot for it.

Anyways The best computer game for me is a 3 way tie between Doom Series, Wolfenstien 3d and Secret of Monkey Island:D

Considering the crowd at GTP, it's not too surprising that Myst hasn't made the list. Though, it is a pretty neat game. The 3D version might be better - those of us that get tired of going around shooting things up enjoy the change of pace.

~LoudMusic

Zork III, FF7, Medal of Honor (except the ending), and the early C&C series....

:D

Originally posted by LoudMusic
Considering the crowd at GTP, it's not too surprising that Myst hasn't made the list. Though, it is a pretty neat game. The 3D version might be better - those of us that get tired of going around shooting things up enjoy the change of pace.

~LoudMusic
Man Myst is hella hard ...!!! i could not get far on that game at all!!!Whats the other ones?? like Myst? Well anyways just wanted to point that out. :P tons of puzzles dont work well with me. :P

Originally posted by space
Riven was Myst's sequel:) One of hte largest PSX games ever, it was on 5 cds:D
yeah thats the one... But i played Myst for the computer. Anyways im sure Riven was just as hard as Myst is.

Does anybody remember Forsaken. I loved this game online, totally cool.

meat.jpg

Originally posted by ghostrider
Does anybody remember Forsaken. I loved this game online, totally cool.

meat.jpg

Ah yes, the Desent clone... It was much easier to play when my eye's were younger...

I only played Forsaken on the N64, I'm sure the computer version was much, much, better!

Big fan of the Civilisation series, I must admit - I still have Civ 2 on my laptop (only partly because I can play it without the CD), and if it's a rainy afternoon, or I'm on holiday and don't feel like doing anything, Civ II always fills in an hour or two.

I have to agree with Loud, Dark Forces 2 : Jedi Knight, is definelty one of the all time best. Even Dark Forces one was solid! I spent sooo many hours playing both those games. I played JK over atleast 4 times, so i could try both sides of the force, and again just for reliving some of my favorite moments. And yes, Lucas Arts really needs to make another FPS. Even though Raven is making JK2 i still can't wait for it, cause damn it looks wicked and it just HAS to be good. I've been thinking, maybe Lucas Arts droped the Dark Forces name for JK2, cause they want to make Dark Forces3?
Thats would be ****in awesome! :darkside:

Back