• 181 comments

Danny

Code Red
Premium
United Kingdom
Scarfolk
Grim10
Are you kidding?
What do you guys reckon the best non-japanese drifting car is?

Personally, I could go for most large sedans, i.e Chrysler 300C or Jaguar S Type R.

Feels better without weight modifications, I think.

you guys that like the GTO, do you use my settings from the settings depot or do you have your own?

the gto is my favorite right now followed by the holden monaro because the new gto is based off of the austrailian holden monaro.

I like the new GTO, the new mustang, the old mustang, the corvette grand sport, the corvette Z06, the dodge viper SRT-10, and the newer camaro as drift cars.

I like my '69 Vette Stingray a lot, it feels a lot like a japanese sports car when drifting, and it's naturally aspirated so it's got a good power band and lots of torque. However, my favorite non-japanese drift car these days is the Chrysler 300. I don't know what the deal is with this car, but I love it. I can't put my finger on it, but there are drifts I've done in that car that I could NEVER do in my Sil-80 or my S15. Maybe I'll post my settings so you guys can check it out.

All I do to drift the GTO is turn the aids off. I don't find it all that difficult to do.

Ruf RGT
Ruf CTR "Yellowbird"
Ruf BTR
Ginetta G4
BMW 2002 Turbo
Lancia Stratos
Lotus Elise

I like Lift Throttle Oversteer...I like it alot, especially with my DFP.

All on Standard tires, N2/N1 or N3/N2 for the Ruf's, N3/N3 for the 2002, and I find the G4 drifts great on either S2's or N3's.

I thought I had posted some FPV GT settings too, it's a great car:tup: Anyone try my settings, I'm curious what you'll think of it.

Anyway, I drift the Corvette and the Dodge Viper now, as well as the FPV GT. I guess I just found some more settings that fit me, the viper and corvette both drift the same as the FPV GT. EXACTLY the same, only the dodge is more powerfull, and feels more powerfull as well offcourse.

The Aussie cars aren't too bad... But they are a bit heavy to drift with. Here are some of my favourite non-ricers to drift with:
- Mercedes E190 Evo.2
- BMW 2002 Turbo
- Renault Clio Sport V6 24V
- Volkswagen Mk4 R32
- BWM 120i (with stage 1 turbo tuning)
- Buick GNX (very very bling-bling-drifting) :P
- Lexus GS300 (actually a Toyota Aristo... But what the heck...) :)

i think the BMW M5 is a pretty good car to drift...you can make them look very good and very long! or the BMW 2002 turbo....but i also love my Ginetta G4 :dopey:

Ford SVT Cobra R, easy with right set up, i like just as much as my rx7, just wish it sounded a little more throatty like a true american v8 does!!!!!!

Latest Posts

Back