best endurance race car?

i have done a search and i cant seem to find a thread that talks about the best endurance race cars and so i wanderd what your opinions where and wonderd what car should i buy to do all the endurance races in?
such as which car has the best tire wear and fuel economy combined with good handling and top speed etc.

settings and tuning tips would be much apreciated

I guess it depends on the race. Some of the endurance races all have ultra-powerful race cars (like the Audi R8, Minolta Toyota, Nissan R92CP, and so on), others might have touring cars, and others just use sports cars. You can always just go for the fastest car that qualifies - cars that lap quickly and make frequent pit stops seem to do better than cars that lap more slowly but don't make very many pit stops.

For the races that require sport tires instead of race tires, though, I always did well using the Audi Nuvolari Quattro, the prize car you get for reaching 25%. It's powerful, fast, and stable.

thanks but im looking for one car to do all endurances in as i would like to see what that type of mileage does to a car

how did you set up your car and how many laps did you get before you had to pit in as this isnt just a thread for me i want other people to be able to look in and see how there car compares to others or if theyre thinking about buying and endurance car what car should they buy and how should they set the car up

Well, you can't use just one car for all of the endurance races. Some require special cars, like the Miata, and others you can only use cars with Standard or Sports Tires. For everything else, I use either my Audi R8 with Racng Super-Hard tires, or my Pescarolo C60 Judd Race Car with Racing Super-Hard tires. For the Standard or Sports tires only races, I usually use either my Ford GT with some suspension and gearing modifications, and Hard Sports Tires, or my Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren with the same modifications as the GT, but adjusted to the needs. Try them out, I think they are all awesome cars.

Oh, and on the Superspeedway enduro, use the R8 with a Stage 4 Turbo and adjust the gears to make them more speed-biased. Helps out A LOT.

You aren't going to get one car to do everything, a car that does the Tskuba 9 hour (I did this in a modded to hell SL65 AMG) or the roadster 4 hour isn't going to be close to competing with cars that run the bigger races that have all race super cars.

Dang, SamJ beat me to it.

Road - Tommykaira ZZII
Race - Polyphony Gran Turismo

Mazda MX-5 Race - Mazda MX-5 1800RS

i meant ill use the same car for as many endurances as the car can be enterd for and im sorry if that wasnt clear

famine i have looked at both of those threads and thankyou but i would still like people to compare their cars and recommend cars to me and to each other and say how long they last untill needing to pit for instance on the speedway enduro i used a playstation pescerolo c60 with superhard tires and no change to the gears or suspension etc and i managed 36 laps before needing to pit in

It depends on whether or not you want a close race...if you don't want a close race and just want a car that will blast the field apart...then use any fast with R2/3 tyres because chances are in a car that can lap the first car 5 times in one race isn't going to need to worry about pit stops.

One car that does go easy on the tyres is the Peugeot 905, however it does have a problem with slow gearing..

a 787B or something would be good to use, then a Pescarolo, and if you a fast car, a Sauber is a good car to use

speed_demon
i meant ill use the same car for as many endurances as the car can be enterd for and im sorry if that wasnt clear

famine i have looked at both of those threads and thankyou but i would still like people to compare their cars and recommend cars to me and to each other and say how long they last untill needing to pit for instance on the speedway enduro i used a playstation pescerolo c60 with superhard tires and no change to the gears or suspension etc and i managed 36 laps before needing to pit in

Both of our Endurance Companions contain exactly that information.

Go to the first post in the threads and click on the race you're interested in. That'll take you to the write-up for that race in the thread.

Mazda 787B has all the qualities that you asked for.

It's light -- good tire wear, good handling
It doesn't make an overabundance of power -- good fuel mileage
It's well streamlined -- good top speed

It's easily capable of winning any endurance race that it can be entered in (you might want an optional turbo). I would say it's one of the finest all-around race cars in GT4.

My recommendation is to win the Minolta Toyota 88-CV Race Car '89 from El Capitan 200 Miles.

Then use this car in the 24 hour Nurburgring race (B-Spec FF x3) since the cars you race against cannot match the performance of this car. I used super hard tyres front and rear. Winning this race will award you with the best car in the game - Formula Gran Turismo '04.

Then you can use this car in both of the Le Mans 24 Hour races, Super Speedway 150 Miles, Fuji 1000KM and the Infineon race as these are all very difficult.

In the other races that require sports tyres just use any of the fast selection - Sauber Mercedes C9, Nissan R89C/R92CP, Audi R8 Race Car '01 and the Bentley Speed 8 Race Car '03.

Don't ask me about that flaming Roadster endurance though! I had trouble with that beast.

EDIT:
I was fine with using the Formula car for Le Mans 24 Hr I but when it came to II, I had a lot of trouble thanks to the B-Spec glitch during the log straight. My car would keep hitting the walls and I had no chance of winning, and tried many other cars.
Finally, I got lucky with the Audi R8 Race Car '01 won from 24Hr I. This car is a beast and will wipe out its competition. It still has a tendency to hit the walls so make sure the B-Spec driver is on 2 - Reduced Paced down the straight and 4 elsewhere. I used Hard tires on the front and super hard for the rears.

Last edited:
Back