Best engine sound?

• Thread starter Rebel51
  • 16 comments
Yes its got be the muscle. A 96 corvette with racing exhaust and all engine tune sounds like thunder at idle - 3000 rpm then it starts sounding pure V8 until the 8000 redline when it sounds like a nascar. As for stock cars......hmm. RUF CTR2, Vector M12(is that wat its called?), SVT Cobra, 97 Camaro SS, 96 Z28, Cobra 427, Charger, HEMI CUDA!!!! this ones nice, mercury cougar, impreza 22B. Mentions go to S2000 with racing exhaust, lancer(its like pure inline 4 noise, very nice), integra type r with racing exhaust, BMW 328, alfa 156, FTO(very unique V6), TOYOTA SUPRA(i love that noise. no car can recreate a supra engine noise). My current all time favourite: 82 corvette!!! no its not the most powerful car in the game, not even close. but hearing that engine pull to high rpms puts a smile on my face.

Any of the muscle cars sound great. Sometimes I'll do a test run with one...only I wont drive it: instead I'll sit there and let it rumble @ 2,000 rpms. You can hear the valve lifters and carb sucking air in, too, with a lot of them. Some of them sound like wimpy vacuum cleaners when you put sports or semi-racing equipment on (The Plymouth Roadrunner {incorrectly known as the 'Muscle Car' in the game}) comes to mind, but with stock or racing equipment they sound like they should.

I also like a lot of the Hondas and other high-revving cars. Once they get above 7,000 rpms, you can hear them start to whine. BWAHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!

Last edited:
Just like the Avatar: a 427 Stingray, fully modded, but without the annoying racing exhaust. That is addictive. :)

Going to add to my list: A Jaguar XJ Sport with stage 2 supercharger & racing aspiration. Has a nice 'hollow' exhaust sound...

Back