Best force-feedback effects on a game?

• Thread starter vat_man
  • 7 comments

vat_man

Staff Emeritus
Having acquired a PC that can do most racing games justice, and got the Logitech wheel running happily on it, I'd be interested to know from fellow PC racers what game they rate as having the best force-feedback effects on?

From my admittedly limited experience I would suggest that Gran Turismo 3's force-feedback effect is superb (especially on rally) - I was wondering if there were any PC games that compared.

I use a Thrustmaster FF wheel and have found numerous games offer good effects:

Colin McRae 2...from rough gravel to sliding on ice....very good.

GPL...lactic acid burns trying to keep these puppies on the road

Nascar4...wheel can almost get knocked outa your hands during collisions.

Nascar Heat....good feel when the aggressive ai`s let you know they`re around..

Originally posted by Fiery
GPL...lactic acid burns trying to keep these puppies on the road

Yeah - know what you mean. I described driving as follows:

- everytime I press the accelerator something bad happens
- everytime I turn the wheel something bad happens
- everytime I press the brake, nothing happens for a while - then something bad happens.

I'm starting to get better at driving the car, but gee it's a steep learning curve.

Not much in the way of feedback from the wheel though.

GEM+, a GPL addon, lets you "tone" you toey F1 down to F2 or F3 specs so you can learn to drive a bit easier, adds FF into the game, manages your tracks if you have more than 64 (133 in my case)....etc, etc..

Email me if you haven`t got a copy, I`ll talk ya through it..

Ok - I've downloaded it - I'll stick on the games PC tonight and have a look at it.

I really don't want to fool about with the physics - isn't the difficulty the whole point of the game?

I'm looking forward to the improved force-feedback though.

Difficulty...well, yes and no....There are F1, F2 and F3 online races occurring...

I think the best part about GEM+ is it prevents so much frustration to the newbies...

Back