Best GT ever

SkylineObsession

Expert daydreamer
Premium
New Zealand
New Zealand
SkylineObsession
Mangosaurus
Gran Turismo Concept: Tokyo-Geneva 2002 is the best Gran Turismo game in existence i reckon. :cool:

Everything about it is awesome, and i've only had it for about 4 hours! And still only done one race!

GOOD THINGS
- Smoother graphics than GT3
- Much more realistic looking camera angles in replays
- Improved dust, and tire smoke
- Much, much, MUCH more realistic looking tracks
- Tokyo and Midfeild look way more realistic with the inclusion of lots of skid marks at braking points, around corners etc...
- Better car handling (only driven the Corvette Z06 so far, a little understeer in it)
- Super realistic looking replays (Midfeild raceway looks so realistic its not even funny)
- Awesome intro movie (Mercedes SLK or something vs. a Boeing 747 Airplane!!)
- Awesome menu screens, same sort of look as GT3's ones (only better)
- Awesome demonstrations (One of the GranTurismo GT-R V-Spec II (R34) - yes, thats what it's called - taking every corner around Autumn Ring sideways...)
- Everything else in the game

BAD THINGS
- Cars look a little too shiny (i think, as i've only driven a Black Corvette so far)
- Far, far, FAR, FAR, FAR too addictive (I am trying very hard to sit here and not play the game!!)
- Nothing else

This game is AWESOME.

Yea i got it too!! Very cool cars indeed, and there's more then i thought! Yes, the driving feels better then GT3! The really only bad thing with Concept is: Too few courses, but it feels fun to drive on Autumn Ring again!

I envy with you guys out there :(

Here in the US, no news yet.............:bawling:

Jelousy. :Pessimist

Wow it sounds too good....:D Plus I've never raced Autumn Ring so it'll be a whole new track...:curvyrd:

What cars have you guys managed to collect in the first day or so of playing :gcar:, (anyone got that Pod yet)?

I dunno cause I have the Japanese version of gt concept aswell and I never saw anything directly new except for the better replay angles oh yeah I think if you press R1 you would zoom in on the car your looking at kinda like metal gear solid 2

Noticed another few things

GOOD
- Some cars have...........CHROME (Shiny) wheels
- Brake lights reflect on the car/bumpers
- Heat haze has been improved (looks like it anyway)

BAD
- Shadows sometimes disapear under raised ripple strips
- Cars have a tendency to oversteer (even the Pagani Zonda)
- The game looks way too good... (Actually a good thing)

And Autumn Ring is one mean track.
It has rises, and dips, and if you don't brake in time, its hello mr sand trap. It is harder than Trial Mountain...

But that is what makes it soooooo good.
And the leaves effect is awesome. If you see a pile of leaves on the grass, park your car on them, put the handbrake on and rev the car, release the handbrake and watch those leaves fly.

It just looks so freaking good. :)

I agree this game is amazing.

I am already at about 44% complete and i have unlocked the pod race. Its short but good

The only thing i'm going to say thats bad about this game is it is too short

Originally posted by keeno_uk
autumn ring hehehe in the states they would call it fall ring

Shut up you havent even got the game yet!

THATS IT IM GOIN ROUND YOUR HOUSE WITH MY GTC IM GONNA TAKE MY Jag-S Type R TURN IT SIDEWAYS AND STICK IT STRAIGHT UP..........YOUR CANDY ASS!

j/k :D

Originally posted by The Vanishing Boy
I envy with you guys out there :(

Here in the US, no news yet.............:bawling:

Jelousy. :Pessimist

like someone else said, maybe we have a GTC Tokyo-Geneva-Detroit 2002 in the making for us. we should atleast get something to bridge the gap between gt3 and 4.

Nah,
how 'bout GTC: L.A.-Detriot-Chicago-New York

heh heh :D

GTC is meant to be a short game compared to the traditional GT, because its only a 'arcade-type' game not a simulation.

Without being the critic: I wish with GTC being an Add-on that they'd add on a few more tracks :curvyrd:,

So many nice cars and so few tracks :( The urge to take my :audi: RS6 on Laguna Seca cannot be fulfilled, and the new :mini: Cooper won't be seen buzzing around the tight corners of Seattle :shakehead...

Honestly you americans, we get one game before you and you start moaning. Thats how its like in europe all the time bar a few games that are made in the uk. I seriously doubt they wont make a GT concept for the US, so just wait like us european guys do and be content no matter how many more cars the they put in it youll still be able to finish the game in about 3 hours if you play it to death (I did that with the japanese version and was dissapointednow im playing through it doing lots of testing and free runs)

GTC really is the best Gt ever, for some reason i just keep on playing it, more than i play GT3, dont even play that now anymore.
GTC kicks as with incredible graphics and sound, those replays...

lets go and play some more...

you certainly are not mustang man, GTC has got me hooked and to the people who dont have it, shame on you!!!
ooh my dear american friends, i'm sure that you guys will get your own version of GTC, but until then, just hold on and play some GT3!! 😈

I Bought GTC and it doesn`t let me go. Although I loved GT3 and still do. GTC has something that makes you play forever.
Graphic wise it is an improvement over GT3. So I can`t wait for GT4 :D

I found myself taking the GTC Disc :floppy: out of the PS2 :eek:

It's great game but I couldn't resist going back to GT3 for all the other tracks :curvyrd:

Now I kinda find myself playing both GT3 and GTC at different times depending on the tracks and Cars I want to race..:gcar:

Anyone else doing this too?

hi everyone i found gtc fun but 2 easy. im now like 80% done and onle got it on thursday. but it s a great game that is 2 addictive.

oh yeah i love the pod car thingy i think it is great i just drive it so i can crash into walls so the tail will wag and make funny noises.

Attachments

• doug3.gif
    doug3.gif
    62.4 KB · Views: 68
Back