Best handling car?

My best handling car (so far) is my Corvette Z06. I've only tested that and a few others so far. Anyone have any good handling cars? If so, post them up! (By the way, the Miata is an awesome drift car!!!!)

well ... the best handling car for me has got to be the Poly 001 - the F1 car

there are plenty others though - Corvette c5r ? The supras - it depends what you like from a car

welcome to GTP if this is you first time !

The F1 cars, obviously, but i also like my setup on a fully tuned 300ZX, it sticks to the road like glue and goes as fast as an R34. It was just 3 tenths off a R34 on midfield on my best laps

Yes, the F1 cars obviously are the fastest and handle the best, but I mean just regular cars tuned to your greatest ability. Also, yes I am new here, thanks for the welcome. :)

Originally posted by SpeedKrazy620
Yes, the F1 cars obviously are the fastest and handle the best, but I mean just regular cars tuned to your greatest ability. Also, yes I am new here, thanks for the welcome. :)

In that case I suppose it depends on how good you are at tuning them, I'm no way an expert so thats why I prefer the F1 cars, some of the skylines are good to work with but I think my favourite tuned car is the 787B - I raced with it a couple of years ago and loved it! SSR5 and Ive kept the replay to watch, its as perfect as I could manage.

Originally posted by BigJamesGTI
well ... the best handling car for me has got to be the Poly 001 - the F1 car

there are plenty others though - Corvette c5r ? The supras - it depends what you like from a car

Indeed the Poly 001/F094/s is probably the best handling car in the game

A fully tuned R390 race car is no slouch either

For street cars, I'd have to cast my vote as always for the Ruf RGT. I'm also partial to a mid-powered TVR Speed Six, but that takes some adjustment to get it right.

I get along well with both Vipers, but some people don't seem to like them. For midengine cars, I'm partial to the Clio and the Lotuses (Loti?). The NSX is a sweety, but a little on the mild side in stock trim.

best car thats not a full out race car for handling is the nsx. all the race cars are pretty close to the same, but of course the formula is best in the game. i guess the 787b is the best for the race cars.

Originally posted by scottyjoe
mine is the escudo pp
over 500 mph
Did you happen to read the title of this thread, or are you just posting randomly?

Or was that "humor"?

There are almost no walls ON the Complex String. And I guarantee you the Escudo will not turn at 400 mph.

500mph then 400mph? Don't take it out again, or it'll be down to 300mph.

If you DO hit a wall on Complex String, you're a slapnuts. They're nearly all 50 feet away from the track...

I've been lately trying to make my Z06 an all handling car, but no matter what I do, it seems that it just wont stay on the road. I go into a turn and tap the gas and there goes the back end, or if I go into it too hard, or too fast, it understeers. I tried everything I could. I adjusted the suspention settings and everthing (maybe i'm adjusting it wrong?) I even tried taking off some of the horsepower mods so I wouldn't have as much torque and also adjusted limited slip. I put super softs and set traction back to 5 also. Can anyone help?

This is an excerpt from a 'Vette tuning challenge I ran a couple of years ago - hope it's of some help:

Code:
Car:        Corvette Z06 
     Horsepower:  811  
     Weight kg:   1197
     Track:      Midfield 

SETTINGS                        
     Springs        16.2/13.2        Gearing   
     Ride Height      79/79        SetAt 4.000  
     Bound             5/6         AUTO     38 
     Rebound           6/10        Final 4.400  
     Camber          2.6/2.2                  
     Toe            -0.5/2.0      The   Gears 
     Stabilizer        4/6        1st   2.595  
     Brake Balance    20/18       2nd   1.676 
     LSD Front        18/34/18    3rd   1.194 
     LSD Rear         --/--/--    4th   0.894 
     Downforce      ----/----     5th   0.705 
     ASM                0         6th   0.584
     TCS                0         7th   Blank 
     VCD                --%  
     Tires         T2/T2

The above is pretty much the best set-up I've devised for this particular brute at Midfield. It deals with the twin problems of entry understeer/instability and does what it can to harness the power that the car wants to spin away as tyre smoke .

It's a bit odd by my standards as certain settings don't fall into the range I usually like. The brakes, for example, are almost twice the values I normally use, the Ride Height is on the deck and the Rear Camber is high compared to the Front.

However, it really does work and is not too tense a drive as long as you remember that smoothness is vital in terms of progressive application of power. It also allows throttle steering without too much risk of yanking the back end out sideways (just don't try and take liberties with it ).

The big surprise was that TCS turned out to be a liabilty after all and switching it back off enhanced the cars agility without a comcommitant increase in manic power-on oversteer. Cranking it up to 7 tamed the car right down (you could stamp on the throttle all you liked) but had a definite negative impact on lap times.

I haven't improved my best time as I've been way too busy out in the real world to get many hours in for things like the GTRC let alone pet projects but the above set-up will do 1:08.4's all day long i.e. it's stable and predictable without too much in the way of the vices of oversteer or understeer.

As too what didn't work for me, well the list is legion .

In general terms, however, setting the car up too stiff in any department from Springs to LSD could produce fast times but was way too twitchy and unstable for my taste.

Likewise, a trail braking balance didn't help cornering at all but rather made the rear end slide out so that I had no traction to start with when it came to getting back on the power (much 'snaking' and over-correction ensued ).

Finally, the oddly patterned gearbox set-up I initially tried whilst trying to cope with the oversteer (without using TCS) in the end proved to be too toothless (pun alert ) and a more conventional box was perfectly fine once I'd developed a light enough touch on the accelerator button.

You can try it, but with downforce involved on the racecar, I really don't think it would translate.

Not a problem SpeedKrazy - hope it helps at least in terms of giving a general concept of how I went about setting the car up for the way I drive.

And to back up 'Duke, these settings would not be great on the C5R - although technically based on the Z06 chassis, she's an entirely different beast (and doesn't take half as much work to setup :lol:!)

The Vertigo Racecar handles nice, but the F1 cars definetly win the category of best handling but that goes without saying. Best handling Sedan/Coupe racecar id say Toyota GT ONE Racecar or the Roadcar other than that maybe the R390 but i havent driven that yet.

I recently won the RX7 LM car, and I must say that I am VERY impressed with the way it handles.. It feels very planted even without touching any settings...

And pretty fast to boot...

OT: Extremely surprised to find that a character (should that be charicature ?) as scottyjoe managed 100 posts before getting banned :lol:

Hey, Flerb - one hint on the RX-7LM: "The Way Out Is Through". You'll be surprized at how often the way to get out of trouble is to get back into the throttle. It usually stabilizes instantly and rockets off in whichever direction you're pointing. So if you just hang on till you see daylight, and then punch it, you can come out smelling like a rose.

Originally posted by neon_duke
Hey, Flerb - one hint on the RX-7LM: "The Way Out Is Through". You'll be surprized at how often the way to get out of trouble is to get back into the throttle. It usually stabilizes instantly and rockets off in whichever direction you're pointing. So if you just hang on till you see daylight, and then punch it, you can come out smelling like a rose.
Yup.. Noticed that one.. Kinda like my 7 (bike).. The harder I push the more planted it feels.. And it has a nice way of telling you that it's about to let go before it actually does so (unlike the 787B I've been running in the Pro All Stars :grumpy: )

And as they say - The light at the end of the tunnel ...... ;)

My Lancer EVO VII GSR. It is fully tuned (save the full racing suspension) and stays very competitive in the PRO Dream Car Championship usually battling for 4th place. All of this on T3 tires and with a considerable power disadvantage. BTW this series includes:

S2000 LM
FTO LM
ZZII
RX-7 LM
Impreza LM

;)

Back